Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

It was such a beautiful day here in PA it reached 65 degrees! We did a Cancer Fun Run with the Central Pa Car Group to the Dobbin House in Gettysburg and then Cruz'on over the Adams county Winery to pick up some Holiday Spirits ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447630208.107244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

A nice sunny day here as well!

Saturday was very nice here as well. Our friend and fellow XLR owner BobW and I brought our cars to a car show known as the Good Vibrations Car and Truck Show, held at a local church. I always enjoy the shows put on by the churches because you deal with a lot of nice people and always have a well-mannered crowd.

Bob brought his XLR and I brought my GTO. Another friend of mine by the name of Ken brought his Camaro that he purchased new back in the 80's.

Bob and Ken each picked up a Top 25 plaque. The Great One won the award for "Best Paint".

Attachments

• DSC01785.jpg
    DSC01785.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC01787.jpg
    DSC01787.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC01788.jpg
    DSC01788.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC01789.jpg
    DSC01789.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Well it's a nice 50 degree day, but time for Roxy to go away to her winter resting spot until probably early March depending on the weather! We are having new garage doors installed and she needs to be out of the way! So here's 2 pictures of her tuck away beside a beautiful older Corvette and some vintage Mustangs and a few other awesome rides!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448131653.262500.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448131678.712577.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That 65 Shelby and 69 Mach I should make for good company too. Great place to keep your car thru the winter for sure!

Yep it sure is he actually restores the Old Fords mostly sports type like Mustangs. This is his showroom, he keeps it around 70 degrees also!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I took this past week off to start getting ready for the holidays & for having my family over for Thanksgiving dinner. The best part is I parked the daily driver & drove only the XLR all week. The top has stayed down the last two days as it's been 65-70 & gorgeous out.

How sweet it is to drive only the XLR all the time! Too bad retirement -- when I could do that ALL the time -- is so far away. At least I had a taste of it this week! :rocker:

How sweet it is to drive only the XLR all the time! Too bad retirement -- when I could do that ALL the time -- is so far away. At least I had a taste of it this week! :rocker:

At the governmental agency I worked at retirement is based on longevity and age. When I got to my target date, I was ready to go. READY in capitals. When we take our X out the top comes down unless it's raining of course. Weather can be in the 50's, the heater works very well!
This is the 3rd convertible/roadster we've had so we're hooked on top down driving when we can. Started out in 2003 with a Toyota MR2 Spyder, a retro Thunderbird and now the XLR.

Went in for a simple oil change the other day. Then my service advisor asked me when the last time I had my steering fluids flushed. I thought it was when the 30k miles was done. He said it hasn't been done for 6 years. I told him I haven't had the car for 6 yrs. I bought her in 2012. So I spent about another 30 min more then I wanted. But I had good company. The lady that bought the black supercharged v was in and we started chatting. So now I'm trying to get as much top down driving as I can before my long voyage. But not to worry all. I have a battery tender and will top up all fluids before I put her to rest for 4 months.

At the governmental agency I worked at retirement is based on longevity and age. When I got to my target date, I was ready to go. READY in capitals. When we take our X out the top comes down unless it's raining of course. Weather can be in the 50's, the heater works very well!
This is the 3rd convertible/roadster we've had so we're hooked on top down driving when we can. Started out in 2003 with a Toyota MR2 Spyder, a retro Thunderbird and now the XLR.

That sounds like a good plan to follow for me!

Our fellow XLR owner and friend BobW and I attended another car show this past Saturday, November 28th. It was another car show put on by a church in our area. In this case, it was their 4th Annual Car, Truck and Bike Show held at the Mt. Beulah Baptist Church outside of Cherryville NC.

BobW brought his black 2009 XLR and I entered with my 66 GTO. They had a total of about 100 cars and trucks and the show was well attended. I guess everyone had enough turkey or shopping the two days before! A really good variety of vehicles were entered and some were really nice.

Of course, Bob had the only XLR there, but there was a 66 Lemans and a 67 GTO there as well. There was a good selection of American Musclecars there including Chevelles, Novas, Camaros, Mustangs and a few Mopars as well.

Bob took home a Top25 Plaque and The Great One won the trophy for "Best Original". It was a good day and most probably, the last car show until February.

Attachments

• DSC01796.jpg
    DSC01796.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01798.jpg
    DSC01798.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01799.jpg
    DSC01799.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC01801.jpg
    DSC01801.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01803.jpg
    DSC01803.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC01795.jpg
    DSC01795.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 183
Crimson Pearl, you got to park with a lot of cool cars!

For all the times I get something cool parking next to me (ATS coupe, GT500, M3, etc.), today I got this. :eek: I seriously thought it probably scraped the side of my car!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 185

For all the times I get something cool parking next to me (ATS coupe, GT500, M3, etc.), today I got this. :eek: I seriously thought it probably scraped the side of my car!

I get seriously p****ed when people park like that. I always try to park on an end spot so I can leave more room between me and the next space. Invariably I get some **shat that parks next to me exactly like this guy did. He probably thought you were leaving space for him and his turd van

photo enlarge

attachment.php

Great picture X'Rating........ Would make a fine screen saver pix

That's why I love having my handicapped parking Placard. That way I can open these large doors without having to worry about dinging the next car or have them ding me. Being disabled has its advantages when owning these rare rides. The bad thing is, especially here in Florida. Sometimes you have to circle 5x and wait till one opens up.

First week I owned my car I ran into the same situation but worse. My nephew had his first school play. I bring my pristine new car and park it in the last section of parking lot last row nobody even parked in that section of parking lot. Great no worries:( I come out after the play to find a mini van parked next to my car with nobody else in that section of parking lot:reddevil. I light up a smoke a stood away from the car waiting for the rest of the family to come out. I see a mid eastern man walking toward that area with a 10ish year old boy and a younger girl. As their walking to the car they are playing around. I start walking closer to my car to see how they enter their car. Of course the father opens the door for the kids that's between his car and mine. :mad:.all of a sudden the kids start wrestling between the cars and I see the father pull the boy away from my car. So I walk over there and see hand prints on the driver door and a faint white scratch, scuff on the door next to the handprint. I say to the father watch out for your kids their too close to my car and look what they did. He immediately starts yelling and defending that his kids did not touch my car. He was swearing and being loud. I calmly showed him that the car was spotless and the handprint was from his kids wresting between the cars. He wouldn't have that so I called the cops. He was trying to be loud and intimidating so I would leave it alone. F-that. Cops came wrote out a report and I settled with taking his money to have the car detailed which the scuff came out.
I don't know what he was thinking by parking next to me in a empty parking lot. It made him walk twice as far as everyone else. Sometimes I think people are just morons don't think about their actions,and definately don't care about others or their belongings:mad:
That's one reason why I don't drive my car everywhere. Have some person rear end me cause their texting or flat out not paying attention.

I agree with you Stella. But for me being disabled and having the ride adapted for me. I can only drive one car. That's the bummer of my situation. But I try and watch what areas I drive in. My nephews kept asking if they could drive my car to their school. (This was when my oldest nephew was in high school) I told them straight out no!! I know what happens to cars and teenagers esp in school parking lots.

First week I owned my car I ran into the same situation but worse. My you'rew had his first school play. I bring my pristine new car and park it in the last section of parking lot last row nobody even parked in that section of parking lot. Great no worries:( I come out after the play to find a mini van parked next to my car with nobody else in that section of parking lot:reddevil. I light up a smoke a stood away from the car waiting for the rest of the family to come out. I see a mid eastern man walking toward that area with a 10ish year old boy and a younger girl. As their walking to the car they are playing around. I start walking closer to my car to see how they enter their car. Of course the father opens the door for the kids that's between his car and mine. :mad:.all of a sudden the kids start wrestling between the cars and I see the father pull the boy away from my car. So I walk over there and see hand prints on the driver door and a faint white scratch, scuff on the door next to the handprint. I say to the father watch out for your kids their too close to my car and look what they did. He immediately starts yelling and defending that his kids did not touch my car. He was swearing and being loud. I calmly showed him that the car was spotless and the handprint was from his kids wresting between the cars. He wouldn't have that so I called the cops. He was trying to be loud and intimidating so I would leave it alone. F-that. Cops came wrote out a report and I settled with taking his money to have the car detailed which the scuff came out.
I don't know what he was thinking by parking next to me in a empty parking lot. It made him walk twice as far as everyone else. Sometimes I think people are just morons don't think about their actions,and definately don't care about others or their belongings:mad:
That's one reason why I don't drive my car everywhere. Have some person rear end me cause their texting or flat out not paying attention.

GOOD FOR YOU STANDING UP TO THE PRICK. In todays world, and he appearing middle esstern, youre lucky YOU werent charged with racism or some other silly crap!
You Go Girl

Good story........

1. "He was trying to be loud and intimidating so I would leave it alone. F-that."

2. "I don't know what he was thinking by parking next to me in a empty parking lot. It made him walk twice as far as everyone else. Sometimes I think people are just morons don't think about their actions,and definately don't care about others or their belongings:mad:
That's one reason why I don't drive my car everywhere. Have some person rear end me cause their texting or flat out not paying attention."

1. Good for you in standing up to the azzhole. In my younger days,,,I probably would have knocked him on his azz

2. I couldn't have said it much better than that! Driving defensive is almost not good enough any longer,,with the morons not paying attention to anything around them AND all of the people 'texting and reading emails' while cruising down the road. Now-a-days I prefer to take out my 19 year old truck out for shopping trips,,,if the idiots want to bounce or brush off for my truck, I'm going to make sure their vehicle damage comes out much worse than my loss.

Thanks for posting Stella,,,,I feel much better now, lol

I was very surprised to see anyone parked in that same lot let alone next to me. It was seriously 50 yards from the next group of cars. When the man decided to let them in the van between the two cars and not on the other side I was surprised again so I just kept a eye on the situation. My blood was flowing when he immediately started yelling denying that they scuffed the car. I asked him what he was thinking parking next to me in the first place and ironically he screamed its a free country. :( I looked at my wife and if I didn't have the rest of my family with all the young ones within steps of me I would have showed him all about this free country! That's exactly why I called the cops. To show him I was dead serious of my accusation and the proof was in the hand prints on the door. And I didn't feel like sitting in jail. He paid either way, and stella got a spa day out of it. :thumbsup

I was very surprised to see anyone parked in that same lot let alone next to me. It was seriously 50 yards from the next group of cars. When the man decided to let them in the van between the two cars and not on the other side I was surprised again so I just kept a eye on the situation. My blood was flowing when he immediately started yelling denying that they scuffed the car. I asked him what he was thinking parking next to me in the first place and ironically he screamed its a free country. :( I looked at my wife and if I didn't have the rest of my family with all the young ones within steps of me I would have showed him all about this free country! That's exactly why I called the cops. To show him I was dead serious of my accusation and the proof was in the hand prints on the door. And I didn't feel like sitting in jail. He paid either way, and stella got a spa day out of it. :thumbsup

AHA! I have learned something - STELLA is the CARS' NAME!!:dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back