Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

54_5828_2004_CADILLAC_NEIMAN%20MARCUS%20XLR_6.jpg

There is one that color about 1 mile or so from our house, that I see every so often. Personally, the color doesn't excite me, but the owners probably like it and that's what is important to them...

Looks a bit like Liquid Amethyst but they only made them in 07-08 and this has the older wheels as in my base 05 wheels

Wasn't the extremely rare Neiman Marcus Edition a Blue/Purple tint?

I just searched for a N/M in the L.A. Times and it definitely is blue/purple. Very rare and sold originally for $85,000 list when normal models were $76,000 sticker price.

Went to pick up my car today and talked to my service guy about the blue /purple car. He had the write up on the car next to him and told me it was the blue steel color.
The GM parts truck, that has this guys part, had some sort of problem. So his part won't be delivered till hopefully it'll be delivered buy Friday.
My service advisor still has my card stapled to the invoice for the blue steel Xlr owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my understanding those seven spoke wheels came on the base model all years. Then they had the platinum package which came with those multi spoke wheels. Then they had the V wheels.
As for color I thought liquid amethyst was a goldish color? To me that is a neiman marcus purple.

From my understanding those seven spoke wheels came on the base model all years. Then they had the platinum package which came with those multi spoke wheels. Then they had the V wheels.
As for color I thought liquid amethyst was a goldish color? To me that is a neiman marcus purple.

The gold color is call Goldmist
The 2 pictures I posted above I pulled from an internet search for Liquid Amethyst color

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
An internet search showed the color name for the 04 NM is Ultra Violet.
We've sure gotten a long ways away from a cracked windshield!

Last edited:
Well were in daily chat. Thanks for the color clarification grand daddy. Neiman Marcus and liquid amethyst are close colors. :thumbsup

Well were in daily chat. Thanks for the color clarification grand daddy. Neiman Marcus and liquid amethyst are close colors. :thumbsup

Thanks for clarifying that as being partially colorblind these colors just happen to be part of the group can't tell apart .........lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying that as being partially colorblind these colors just happen to be part of the group can't tell apart .........lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

and that's a gorgeous light green X you have!!:lol:

Nope your wrong my wife told me its "SILVER"

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

My CTS coupe windshield saga has gone ridiculous - original installer to come to my house got injured, & his replacement was going to come at 6 p.m. but realized it would be too dark then (duh!). So, car was going to the dealership for service & I told them to go there & replace it. They finally manage to actually show up ... with the wrong windshield. Once they get the right windshield, the installer doesn't want to do it solo because he's afraid he'll get adhesive all over (????). He waits a few hours for a helper & then gets the new windshield out. Of course, no one bothered to check it before then and ta-dahhh, it's cracked & can't be used. :bash: Supposedly they're overnighting windshield #3 & it gets done tomorrow. :dunno: Dealer is not happy as it's not their installer or fault but they're stuck with the car.

In the meantime I've had a 2015 CTS 2.0 turbo for a loaner. It is a very nice car, very smooth, quiet, great handling that makes it seem smaller than it is, & some really fantastic brakes. The turbo does a good job fooling you into thinking that it's got more than 4 cylinders. I've actually been more impressed than I expected. However, I find I really miss the extra 46 horses I usually have so don't think a 4 cylinder is coming home any time soon!

Sound like the windshield company ain't all cracked up what they should be........ Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Sound like the windshield company ain't all cracked up what they should be........ Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan, that is SO bad! :laugh::laugh:

Sorry couldn't stop the breaking news!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

two man job? worried about adhesive mess? omg,,,,

Sounds like you need to find a good, experienced windshield company/installer to do the work.......the company you speak of sounds like a bunch of rookies with no experience with XLRs or Corvettes.

Our Vette caught a huge rock in July.......I checked with several glass companies before finding one with an installer who knew his stuff about Vettes and HUD glass replacement. One installer did the job,,,,no problems, no mess, and he knew 'how to get the rear view mirror off w/o breaking the tabs inside'.

p z

Sounds like you need to find a good, experienced windshield company/installer to do the work.......the company you speak of sounds like a bunch of rookies with no experience with XLRs or Corvettes.

Our Vette caught a huge rock in July.......I checked with several glass companies before finding one with an installer who knew his stuff about Vettes and HUD glass replacement. One installer did the job,,,,no problems, no mess, and he knew 'how to get the rear view mirror off w/o breaking the tabs inside'.

p z

Yeah, I probably should have conducted the same search but never thought this would be so difficult. We are now on windshield order #5 - the one they were going to install today had a chip. I used this same national co. the last time I needed a windshield replaced, no problems but that was 20 years ago. Dealer managed to get the best installer involved for today's failed install but can't help the glass they keep getting. Meanwhile I'm still tooling around in the dealer's loaner ...

Even more happy this wasn't the XLR because I can only imagine how that would have gone.

Went for acfun drive this morning up the "River Road" from Alton to Pere Marquette State Park and then up the park's "scenic drive". So much fun, but oh so short.

Saw two XLRs on the trip: a Crimson Pearl base and a Black Raven V. We all had out tops down but could only wave as we were headed in different directions.

12208705_10208242679933090_2440978250468579032_n.jpg12226989_10208242679733085_1200433106444585474_n.jpg12189937_10208242679453078_4081224301738639999_n.jpg

Finally, a day without rain - so I took a shot of my favorite stealth fighter profile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 444

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics