Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Yep! You know me Amy, it takes a lot to offended me, l like to be a fun person..........lol I still think Steve was hitting on you............Ha Ha Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

While I know all of Steve's compliments are genuine, I'm also sure he's not a troublemaker ... ;)

Back to the weather channel report ,,,,

Nine inches of snowfall in Flagstaff, AZ the other day................winter is nearly here with the ski resorts getting ready to open.

Arizona Snowbowl

Snowbirds from the northern tundra states and Canada have arrived in southern AZ to enjoy the mild fall/winter/spring temperatures.

The best of both worlds.....the snow line is 75 miles from our house @ 5000 foot elevation.

Probably last sunny day here for a while. Getting the last top down drive of the year in.
98caeac37ab4a505cc1ff34a710fc775.jpg

Wow! 75 degrees on Dec. 27th & we're NOT in Florida! "Top Gone!"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 279
It's been warm here as well, but somewhat wet.

Sun came out yesterday (Saturday) morning and I drove the El Camino to the local Cars & Coffee get-together.

A little later in the day the sun was still out and the temperature hit 75 degrees. Crimson Pearl came out and the top went down for a little cruise in the country.

Forecast is to be pretty wet this week.

Here in PA we took advantage of 72 degrees today and taken down our little bit of Christmas lights and decorations we did this year! Hoping this spring to start building our other 2 car garage in the back yard then Roxy will be here at home! Instead of being parked at this showroom about 10 miles away in Hanover!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451251368.459340.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1451251428.830599.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Here in PA we took advantage of 72 degrees today and taken down our little bit of Christmas lights and decorations we did this year! Hoping this spring to start building our other 2 car garage in the back yard then Roxy will be here at home! Instead of being parked at this showroom about 10 miles away in Hanover!
View attachment 6050View attachment 6051

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yes it's better to keep your rides close to home. Especially the rare ones. Yes you want to display them with pride. But also keep a close eye on them too

The "Greater Good"

Hoping this spring to start building our other 2 car garage in the back yard then Roxy will be here at home! Instead of being parked at this showroom about 10 miles away in Hanover!

I understand the "greater good" of where Roxy is parked during the winter, but it would be tough for me to NOT have Crimson Pearl at home!

Will be glad to see your garage build! I seriously suggest epoxy coating the floor.

Post pictures when you start the garage build. :thumbsup

She is in with a bunch of other classic vehicles like older Fords, GT Mustangs, Shelby's, Mach 1 Bosses, Cadillac Eldorado's Jaguars, Alpha Romao, Corvettes there was even a Studebaker car and the cool thing is the showroom is not open to the public although they can see them through the windows! For some reason though you always feel more secure, when your car that you own is in your own possession that you can get to when you want too!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I understand the "greater good" of where Roxy is parked during the winter, but it would be tough for me to NOT have Crimson Pearl at home!

Will be glad to see your garage build! I seriously suggest epoxy coating the floor.

Post pictures when you start the garage build. :thumbsup

It's a bit of different story!
My neighbor has a 24.5 X 16' pole building he is selling me for 1000$ because of its size it can be moved just to my house, because it's to big to go on the road! So I found a local company that is going to come with a shed mover, we will need to sturdy it up to cut it loose from it concrete base, then move it to a concrete slab that I'm pouring 26'x26' we are then going to move the back wall to enlarge it to a 24.5 X 24.5 building. We will be reusing all the lumber we used to support and sturdy up to move to do the build on the back! We will be reconstructing the front to fit 2 - 9x7 garage doors and moving the entry door to the side! My cost will be about 7 to 8 grand with electric, water & heat! Too have a new one built is over 25 grand!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

It's a bit of different story!
My neighbor has a 24.5 X 16' pole building he is selling me for 1000$ because of its size it can be moved just to my house, because it's to big to go on the road! So I found a local company that is going to come with a shed mover, we will need to sturdy it up to cut it loose from it concrete base, then move it to a concrete slab that I'm pouring 26'x26' we are then going to move the back wall to enlarge it to a 24.5 X 24.5 building. We will be reusing all the lumber we used to support and sturdy up to move to do the build on the back! We will be reconstructing the front to fit 2 - 9x7 garage doors and moving the entry door to the side! My cost will be about 7 to 8 grand with electric, water & heat! Too have a new one built is over 25 grand!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"
Here a picture of of the building!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451261112.872750.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I got lucky on my trip back today - at a stop light, ended up behind a pick up truck I recognized from my neighborhood, with furniture in the back & 2 sofa cushions on top of that. Then I see the cushions aren't even tied down :eek: - you gotta be kidding me & I'm going to be stuck behind this person all the way home. I left a big following distance & sure enough we don't go a block before the cushions fall off. Fortunately my distance was good & the cushions didn't bounce or roll so I didn't get hit.

My reward when I got home was a friend of ours surprised his wife with a '57 T-bird for Christmas & they stopped by to show it to us. White with red interior, power everything, restored with a few functional upgrades, AND rare 2 4 barrel carbs. Very nice & she was very happy!

I got lucky on my trip back today - at a stop light, ended up behind a pick up truck I recognized from my neighborhood, with furniture in the back & 2 sofa cushions on top of that. Then I see the cushions aren't even tied down :eek: - you gotta be kidding me & I'm going to be stuck behind this person all the way home. I left a big following distance & sure enough we don't go a block before the cushions fall off. Fortunately my distance was good & the cushions didn't bounce or roll so I didn't get hit.

My reward when I got home was a friend of ours surprised his wife with a '57 T-bird for Christmas & they stopped by to show it to us. White with red interior, power everything, restored with a few functional upgrades, AND rare 2 4 barrel carbs. Very nice & she was very happy!

I bet she was!!!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'd suggest adding one, or two, garage doors on the back side for great ventilation and access.

See the small door in the center, it's only a 6x7 putting that on the back side then I can store the lawnmower in the back section!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I'd suggest adding one, or two, garage doors on the back side for great ventilation and access.

Yes I agree. Then if someone (holiday/birthday party guests) park behind. Then you can get the cars out in a hurry.

See the small door in the center, it's only a 6x7 putting that on the back side then I can store the lawnmower in the back section!
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That should help, but may be a little tight getting a vehicle thru if needed. assuming you have space on rear side.

That should help, but may be a little tight getting a vehicle thru if needed. assuming you have space on rear side.

Nope no room out back trees there that's why I'm putting it on the side! Also the 2 - 9x7 on the front will be entrance area I have a 52 Studebaker truck I'm going to be making a street rod so that's going in one side! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451327072.270009.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Nope no room out back trees there that's why I'm putting it on the side! Also the 2 - 9x7 on the front will be entrance area I have a 52 Studebaker truck I'm going to be making a street rod so that's going in one side! View attachment 6054

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Sweet Lookin P/U! Ought to be a fun resto. I have a 52 F1, but it's all original - no resto-mod on it!!
52 f1 Ford Truck.JPG

Very nice ride! My was giving to me about 35 years ago we pulled motor to have it rebuilt because it sat for years but back then they could not find the 6th piston, so sold that motor to a friend that had a 8' bed and now have a LS 1 & tranny setup for it when I'm ready! I'm going to change out the frame to update to new brakes and suspension, power steering....ect.
So many great choices today to choose from to build it the way you want it! I've had my eye on this this rebuild to look something similar!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451335239.148676.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry