Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

All iPhones and iPads have that feature. Simultaneously Press the on/off button on the top of the device and the home button. One of probably a hundred tricks that nobody knows of. Apple needs to give a instruction manual, but they don't :dunno:.

Back to the weather.....

Like many others, we have been experiencing the "Siberian Express".

Abnormal, record-breaking cold here. Two days in a row that the temperature did not rise above freezing. Single digit temperatures at night. Common weather for some of you folks, but not so here.

We get four distinct seasons here. Just enough winter to let us know it exists. Makes us glad to see spring.

I've often had Crimson Pearl out when the temperatures are low, but the day was sunny. Before the most recent freezing rain/sleet storm, the DOT treated the roads with brine solution. It helps prevent the freezing stuff from sticking to the road. The Tahoe has to go out on these roads, but Crimson Pearl does not! She will not go out again until after temperatures rise and we have a good rain to wash all of it away.

That might happen this weekend.

I understand why most of you that live above the Mason-Dixon line put your XLRs up for winter!

I'm with you!

The XLR's won't be seeing daylight until the salt is clear. Since the chance of snow/wintry mix is an off & on forecast here, it may be a while. But definitely by May... Anyway, guess we'll putz along with doing some detailing work in the meantime, they're driven enough the rest of the time they always need a little something!

Because of the abnormal jet stream this year we've had a colder winter here in Chicago than Canada :(. As for driving I never plan on driving till the end of march early April. Need them April showers to clean the roads off of all the salt they put on our roads. Aluminum and salt definitely don't mix. She will be nice and rested for all that summer driving fun!:cool:

8ce4767ccb1e30c31107935f1a0f4626.jpg

I don't usually mind winter, but this is getting to be a bit much. I usually break out the XLR on St. Patrick's Day, but it looks like it's going to be more like April Fools Day this year. Won't break it out until the roads are salt-free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
HOW LIFE SHOULD BE!

C-rappy week at work, the usual too much stuff/not enough time, everything seems to be a drag ... and then I take the XLR out for a cruise and realize what makes it all worthwhile - no roof on a beautiful fall day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 255
Well the event that got rescheduled from last sat to today finally happened. So the clouds were slowly disappearing and it ended up being a great lazy say afternoon. Here are some pics of the cruise in today at the grand opening of the ignite church. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698228.061947.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698243.350092.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698260.930082.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698279.172251.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698296.260092.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1442698318.849272.jpg

Didn't look like a real big turn out?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

No it wasn't. But I guess at the evening cruise in there were lots more cars. This was just a grand opening of the neighborhood church

Oh the weather here was just perfect. Low humidity and in the low to mid 80's. Fall is in the air. And you know what that means. More going topless. Time for exposing yourself. (At least your xlrs). Now if only the construction people would hurry up and finish the other buildings. I have to constantly wipe down the car before she goes into the garage for the night. Because of all the dirt and sand I pick up from the construction site. That's the bad thing of having only one entrance and exit in my development.

It's been raining so Mike & I decided to do some virtual top down driving. Kind of rude of him to wave to some other chick when I'm sitting right there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 537
It's been raining so Mike & I decided to do some virtual top down driving. Kind of rude of him to wave to some other chick when I'm sitting right there!

Looks like you painted your rims? Nice. Have fun indoor driving.

Looks to me like he's just trying to cool off from sitting next to that "smoking hot babe". Just my take....

Steve

Looks to me like he's just trying to cool off from sitting next to that "smoking hot babe". Just my take....

Steve

Steve are you hitting on me Amy...............Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Stella is correct......Ken and Barbie wannabees

attachment.php

Just blocking the sun from hitting their eyes.......

I'll possibly look for a GI Joe to fit in my diecast X, lol

That got very strange, very fast ...

LOL ............Damn spelling check on iPhone changes what you originally type!! Just gotta learn to read your post before you post!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I just couldn't resist, Dan, & I knew you'd be a good sport about it! :cool:

Yep! You know me Amy, it takes a lot to offended me, l like to be a fun person..........lol I still think Steve was hitting on you............Ha Ha Ha

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry