Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Hey, Brian, that's what you get when you're neighbors w/ Santa, yano. :laugh: Time to break out the ol' Arctic Cat. :cool:

Good thing we got the "Rocket Run" in before you had to switch to studded snow tires. I don't think that they make any of those that are certified for "a buck and a half" kind of speed! :chuckle

Tim

Stay warm, Amigo.

This is what I awoke to this morning and it is still snowing this afternoon.

:dunno:

View attachment 4528

Hey, Brian, that's what you get when you're neighbors w/ Santa, yano. :laugh: Time to break out the ol' Arctic Cat. :cool:

Good thing we got the "Rocket Run" in before you had to switch to studded snow tires. I don't think that they make any of those that are certified for "a buck and a half" kind of speed! :chuckle

Tim

Stay warm, Amigo.

Neighbours with Santa, that might just have to change.

That's what the weatherman says is in store for us on Wednesday night into Thursday. A tad too early for me... but, 70's again by the weekend!!!! YEA!!!

It is forecasted to warm up by the weekend. I hope it does, golf tourney on Saturday.

We had one of those perfect fall days today - crystal clear blue skies, temp about 70, just beautiful. Took Beauty out & about to be sure everything is working right after the oil leak repair, & all went well. Hadn't driven her much since before her OR visit so it was really nice to be in her again.

At a stoplight a guy actually interrupted his phone conversation to tell me he had always wanted a XLR & "that car is so sexy!" :thumbsup

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be the same & our in-laws volunteered to let us be childless for the afternoon, & on their own told Mike & I to take the XLR's out for a drive together :love: (I have great in-laws!). Next weekend is supposed to be too chilly for any top down drives so we need to live it up!

Last edited:
We had one of those perfect fall days today - crystal clear blue skies, temp about 70, just beautiful. Took Beauty out & about to be sure everything is working right after the oil leak repair, & all went well. Hadn't driven her much since before her OR visit so it was really nice to be in her again.

At a stoplight a guy actually interrupted his phone conversation to tell me he had always wanted a XLR & "that car is so sexy!" :thumbsup

Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be the same & our in-laws volunteered to let us be childless for the afternoon, & on their own told Mike & I to take the XLR's out for a drive together :love: (I have great in-laws!). Next weekend is supposed to be too chilly for any top down drives so we need to live it up!

All this week was in the mid 70's here in north florida. Great top down weather and no rain. ++ The only bad thing now is the car is simi dusty, the back window (inside) is dirty. So i'm going to Try and figure out if i can be a contortionist and try and clean it. There are a couple shows that still are going on here and several cruise ins. So keeping my baby clean is a 24 hr job.

Snuck in a Topless afternoon yesterday also here in PA maybe another again today they show 68 for today but 75 Tuesday which will be good because our business gives out Free hotdogs and apple Cider for the Treat or Treaters folks that evening![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

well since its "Game day" I did my topdown driving earlier today. Even though i went to the store and bought around 6 12v packs of soda (5 were in the 1/4 trunk area and the other 1 was in the passenger seat. But i still was enjoying the high 60's-70's cloudless weather here. :cool::patriot:

It was about 75 degrees here today and sunny.

I had a lot of things to do but I managed to squeeze in about a 45 minute drive with the top down in Crimson Pearl.

Very nice! :)

Well i say the news and the weather doesn't look good for anyone. The whole country looks like a white out from the weather map. Even down here in north florida will barely get in the 70's. The lows will be around 50's but the one weather guy said it'll feel like 30's with the wind chill. :jaw: guess no more top down driving for awhile. that is unless you live in southern florida.

23a9e3628e888e16764e15e580161b08.jpg
482be6ecaf0458696b12842740fed843.jpg
Well last night and tonight were/are going to be in the low 30's. The feel like temps being in the mid to low 20's. So this is unusual for us floridians. Jack Frost is nipping at our toes all the way to the keys. Us northern floridians will be feeling the nip. So last night and tonight I have made some preliminary precautions and a good time to test out the battery tender/maintainer. I toped off the tank of my xlr, and I have plugged in the tender/maintainer. If I had a extra large car blanket. Then I would cover the car. But since I installed the garage flooring I think with the garage door shut, the garage is about 5-7 * warmer on these cold nights. So here are some pics of the car in the garage with the tender/maintainer connected

Last edited:
So how do you think Roxy feels right now
e463d15d6a2564a783ee243ad6704ca1.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
[emoji33] [emoji16] burr

Well last night and tonight were/are going to be in the low 30's. The feel like temps being in the mid to low 20's. So this is unusual for us floridians. Jack Frost is nipping at our toes all the way to the keys. Us northern floridians will be feeling the nip. So last night and tonight I have made some preliminary precautions and a good time to test out the battery tender/maintainer. I toped off the tank of my xlr, and I have plugged in the tender/maintainer. If I had a extra large car blanket. Then I would cover the car. But since I installed the garage flooring I think with the garage door shut, the garage is about 5-7 * warmer on these cold nights. So here are some pics of the car in the garage with the tender/maintainer connected

You are in the wrong part of Florida! It will be near freezing tonight but 65F & Sunny tomorrow, 75F Saturday & 85F and sunny on Sunday! Too bad the XLR is not in Florida with me..... but the Harleys are! :burnout:

Well sat morning it'll be in the mid 60's and I along with 30 other rides will be heading down to crescent city. A bunch of us will be heading to 3 bananas restaurant 3 Bananas-Great Food with a Water View. It's right on the banks of crescent lake which is a finger of the St. John's. Check out their web page. I found out another xlr guy will be joining the caravan of 30+ rides. So might not have the top down going down there. But might defiantly have it down for the ride back home

First I use Tapatalk second I have an iPhone 5 and I know that on an iPhone you push the top on and off button and front bottom center Home button at the same time and it copies the picture on your phone screen into your photos! I don't know about other phones!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

First I use Tapatalk second I have an iPhone 5 and I know that on an iPhone you push the top on and off button and front bottom center Home button at the same time and it copies the picture on your phone screen into your photos! I don't know about other phones!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Thanks, Dan. I have an iPhone 5C, so I'll try it. That, BTW, is the same "secret handshake" that I have to use to re-boot the phone's communications link w/ my router. I just have to hold it for about 5 seconds, and the phone re-boots.

Congrat's on the article about Roxy! :thumbsup

Tim

p.s. I just tried it, and it works! :wave:

Eureka!

Praise be to you Grand PaPa...I have been an iphone user since day one and NEVER knew you could transfer photos that way. I love the car. I love the people who hang out here even more. Thank you my man...you will be on the radio come Monday.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom