Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

dead battery in xlr

S

sue2u67

we had a party and had the stereo playing in my 2004 xlr, at the end of the night i put the top up, and shut it back off, i then went to strt it again and the low voltage signal came on, we accidentally shut the doors with the key inside, now i can't get in at all, how do i get in to open the hood to charge the battery

Sue,
If you have the key (not the fob) you can get in at acces panel on the rear bumper-lower left side. You will need to pop it open insert the key and turn it. While keeping the key turned, lift the rear deck lid. Once you have it open, at the left rear side panel is an access door. Behind that are two release cables-one for the fuel door and one for the drivers door. Pul on it to open the door, you will then be able to open the hood and charge your battery. Hope this helps. If you need more help, ask and I will take pictures for you of the procedure.

we had a party and had the stereo playing in my 2004 xlr, at the end of the night i put the top up, and shut it back off, i then went to strt it again and the low voltage signal came on, we accidentally shut the doors with the key inside, now i can't get in at all, how do i get in to open the hood to charge the battery

Sue, the decklid is quite heavy, so you should have someone lift it while you turn the key as described by Cubby.

Bruce :wave:

the actual key and the fob is locked in the car, do you think a i need to call a locksmith?

If you have a Certified Used car or the GM Extended warranty you may be able to call the Cadillac Service number. They'll come out and make you a new key. You could try OnStar to unlock it (if you've subscribed to that). Or you could go to your dealer Monday AM with your title and they'll make you anothr key (Actually, yo0u can do it at a Chevy dealer as well, since they have the same key blanks for Vettes).

Good luck, and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you all again for you help, just wanted to let you know I was able to get someone from a garage to get the door latch open. We were very relieved. I've only had the car for a week, so this is one lesson well learned!!

Never put the top down or up, or play the radio for any length of time unless your engine is running, this is a very small battery and if you don't use the car that often I would suggest a battery tender on it, as the computer is always drawing power.
Thank you all again for you help, just wanted to let you know I was able to get someone from a garage to get the door latch open. We were very relieved. I've only had the car for a week, so this is one lesson well learned!!

Welcome to the forum. Tough way to make an introduction though. At least you are in good hands here.
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back