Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 replacement key fobs

jay1701

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black XLR
Hello - This is my first post. I hope someone can help. I have a 2004 XLR and both of my key fobs have broken. I got the p/n numbers from them but it seems wherever I look for replacement ones all the places are out of stock. They have newer versions but I do not know if they would work on my 2004. If anyone knows which if any other would work I would appreciate it.

Try this site, they usually have them in stock. They are not cheap, probably around 130.00

ikeyless.com

remote key fob

Hello - This is my first post. I hope someone can help. I have a 2004 XLR and both of my key fobs have broken. I got the p/n numbers from them but it seems wherever I look for replacement ones all the places are out of stock. They have newer versions but I do not know if they would work on my 2004. If anyone knows which if any other would work I would appreciate it.

Log on Ebay. I just saw two used ones there. Also there is a company that list their new fobs on there. Good luck

David J

I had several problems obtaining a new key fob for my 2004 XLR. Only fobs GM #10347463 (fob #1) and #10337464 (fob #2)would work. Any other fobs from other model years would not work. :cool:

KEYLESS REMOTE

I had several problems obtaining a new key fob for my 2004 XLR. Only fobs GM #10347463 (fob #1) and #10337464 (fob #2)would work. Any other fobs from other model years would not work. :cool:

Call these folks, they may be able to help. 1-815-675-0707.

David J.

Huge Bummer!

I am in the same situation. I have a 2004, and bought some "so-called" replacements on eBay. Turns out, the part numbers HAVE to be GM 10347463 or GM 10347464. No others will work. So I tried the iKeyless.com site that was posted here, and it looked promising until it came in the mail and the part number was the same as the part number from my eBay efforts. GM 10354922. NOT compatible with 2004's. So, I tried calling the number posted, 1-815-675-0707, and it was no longer in service.

SO....does anyone have a source for these fobs? They have been discontinued and are no longer being manufactured. I FIND IT APPALLING THAT CADILLAC AND GM WOULD DISCONTINUE A VITAL PART LIKE THIS. There should be a class action lawsuit.

Anyone have a source for these? Don't tell me eBay. Those are NOT compatible unless they are part number GM 10347463. I found what I thought were some vendors that had them, ordered them online, only to get an email back a day or two later with a refund saying, "these are no longer in stock and discontinued".

What a bummer.

Jack

KEY FOB

I am in the same situation. I have a 2004, and bought some "so-called" replacements on eBay. Turns out, the part numbers HAVE to be GM 10347463 or GM 10347464. No others will work. So I tried the iKeyless.com site that was posted here, and it looked promising until it came in the mail and the part number was the same as the part number from my eBay efforts. GM 10354922. NOT compatible with 2004's. So, I tried calling the number posted, 1-815-675-0707, and it was no longer in service.

SO....does anyone have a source for these fobs? They have been discontinued and are no longer being manufactured. I FIND IT APPALLING THAT CADILLAC AND GM WOULD DISCONTINUE A VITAL PART LIKE THIS. There should be a class action lawsuit.

Anyone have a source for these? Don't tell me eBay. Those are NOT compatible unless they are part number GM 10347463. I found what I thought were some vendors that had them, ordered them online, only to get an email back a day or two later with a refund saying, "these are no longer in stock and discontinued".

What a

Jack

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CADILLAC XLR

It's easier getting parts for my 22 year old Allante and 40 year old Eldorado. NOW I know why people only own these things for a few months before bailing. Meanwhile, a 2004 POS Deville is still supported by Cadillac. Ha.

Well, I'll safeguard the one fob I have and enjoy this thing for a while. A little while, at least. :)

You can order it from any GM dealer or the online GM parts companies.

Nobody "stocks" oldish parts, but GM has many of them. It's just a special order.

I ordered one from one of the online parts places a year ago, I can't imagine I got the last one.

Found this on GMpartsgiant.com

1bd73b75a246d5f13c49272f0f38869a.jpg

I entered my VIN into their system just to be sure the part is a match for a 2004. Let us know on here if they have availability. I may get a spare just to have one.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KEY FOB

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I NEED GM/S 10347404, FCC M3N65981401 NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. YOU ARE CORRECT IT IS EASIER TO GET PARTS FOR A CLASSIC ELDORADO THAN A XLR. ANOTHER OWNER TOLD ME THEY MAKE GOOD BOAT WEIGHTS. LOL I WAS OFFERED $13,000 ON A NEW CAMARO SS, SHOULD CONCIDER THE OFFER.

Last edited:
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM I NEED GM/S 10347404, FCC M3N65981401 NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. YOU ARE CORRECT IT IS EASIER TO GET PARTS FOR A CLASSIC ELDORADO THAN A XLR. ANOTHER OWNER TOLD ME THEY MAKE GOOD BOAT WEIGHTS. LOL I WAS OFFERED $13,000 ON A NEW CAMARO SS, SHOULD CONCIDER THE OFFER.

Please do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the leads. These are a few of the same places I have tried to buy it online, only to get an email cancelling my order because these are no longer in stock. What a terrible oversight by GM to stop production of these fobs. I'll keep looking and if I have any positive results I'll post it here.

No malice intended here, but if you don't love the car, you should sell or trade it for something you'll enjoy more.

Life is too short to be unhappy with a car, no matter what kind it is!

It's not a cheep fix but it's a fix. I believe for about $800. You can get an updated receiver and 2 new fobs installed. A lot of money but it fixes the problem. I guess it's inline with a car that new shocks are $1200 each.

$$$$

It's not a cheep fix but it's a fix. I believe for about $800. You can get an updated receiver and 2 new fobs installed. A lot of money but it fixes the problem. I guess it's inline with a car that new shocks are $1200 each.

This kind of info sure makes me wonder just how expensive it may be to keep an XLR running in 10 years! If you can find any parts for them!

You can order it from any GM dealer or the online GM parts companies.

Nobody "stocks" oldish parts, but GM has many of them. It's just a special order.

I ordered one from one of the online parts places a year ago, I can't imagine I got the last one.

Ordered one this afternoon from GM Parts Giant - Lowest Price for Genuine GM Parts - they had in stock for approx. $70 - but my car is an 06.
May be worth trying them for the 04.

Phil,

They are one of the half dozen that contacted me after I ordered it. Here's what they wrote:

--------------------------
Thank you for ordering parts with us.
We are writing to inform you that order G630079 has been voided. Your order has been voided because of the following reason(s): The ordered part(s) have been discontinued (no longer available) and/or is backordered with no ETA date by the manufacture.

If you have further questions, contact us.

Regards,
Customer Service
GMpartsgiant.com
---------------------------------
Thanks anyway!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC