Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2004 Window Sticker Reproduction

vette100

I am looking to make a reproduction of my 2004 XLR Window Sticker. Can someone tell me the exact dimensions of an original window sticker? Thanks Mark.

It's a nominal 11"x10". I just happened to have mine on my desk.
The Corvette Museum can get you a real duplicate and build sheet if you want to go that far

Thank you for the information. I checked with Betty at the corvette museum and unfortunately they did not have my build sheet so they could not make a reproduction of the window sticker.

When trying to get mine. I had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So thanks to the Xlr-net site registry. I cut/copy/paste and did my own. Then I went to my dealership sales guy. He had another red Xlr. So I explained the situation. And he printed me off a dealer style build sheet. I have these framed inside my house. I have framed copies off window sticker hanging in garage
e78f486c2248e103bcc105d730914f84.jpg
a8f2d51a9321e2dc8383789642d6862a.jpg
6e38e4440d78c91ed9e6f76579b51be9.jpg

I added a little personal touch to the bottom of mine though. I added my car to the window sticker

2016-09-25 15.38.54.jpg2016-09-25 15.38.09.jpg

They still had and sent me the original build sheet that went down the assembly line with the car, and a copy of the original window sticker for my 06.

The build sheet is 15x12

Last edited:
They still had and sent me the original build sheet that went down the assembly line with the car, and a copy of the original window sticker for my 06.

Wish they had mine

The build sheet is 15x12

XLR's did not have an assembly line.

XLR's did not have an assembly line.

From what I've found, the frames/suspension came off the assembly line, then were taken off the line to be finished up in a separate "room". The build sheet was taped to the windshield of the car, and the build sheet I have still has the masking tape on it.

Here's a picture of a post card I have showing the build sheet taped on the bumper as the car is being assembled. Mine even has a grease stain on it! :chuckle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 427
Build Sheet

From what I've found, the frames/suspension came off the assembly line, then were taken off the line to be finished up in a separate "room". The build sheet was taped to the windshield of the car, and the build sheet I have still has the masking tape on it.

When I ordered the Build Sheet and Window sticker for my 2008 XLR in 2013, the Build Sheet came with masking tape under the clear laminate. I thought someone screwed up until I was advised that they came like that!

When I ordered the Build Sheet and Window sticker for my 2008 XLR in 2013, the Build Sheet came with masking tape under the clear laminate. I thought someone screwed up until I was advised that they came like that!

Yep, I questioned the person at BG plant when I got mine too.

Hawkeye372,

I took the advice from rexster314 and reached out to the corvette museum again. This time I contacted Sharon. She got back to me immediately and said they will be able to reproduce the window sticker for me. Cost $85. give it a shot.

Sharon Kinser
mailto:sharon@corvettemuseum.org

When trying to get mine. I had the same problem.

This is the reply that I just received

No, we do not have your original build sheet.

What we can do is contact GM and get the build information from them and recreate your window sticker from that information. The cost is $90 plus $10 shipping and handling for a total cost of $100.

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:43 PM
To: Sharon Kinser <sharon@corvettemuseum.org>
Subject: Trying again. Window sticker.

I am trying again to find out if you have a window sticker and/or build sheet for my 2006 Cadillac Xlr.

Bowling Green, KY

From memory during my 2006 tour of the Bowling Green/Corvette plant, the XLR's were separately hand assembled in two large rooms with glass windows... You couldn't get close to them like you could with the Corvettes going down assembly line process.

BTW,,,for those contacting the Corvette Museum whose XLR is 'not a daily driver',,,,,you might want to get a quote on car insurance from the National Corvette Museum Insurance Agency > NCM Insurance | Corvette Insurance | Collector Vehicle Insurance | HPDE Insurance | > Bobbie Jo Lee We got the best quote on insurance for the XLR and our other car show hot rod from them :thumbsup

It's a nominal 11"x10". I just happened to have mine on my desk.
The Corvette Museum can get you a real duplicate and build sheet if you want to go that far

Also the window sticker

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry