Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2009 XLR (Base) - Odyssey 34R-PC1500T

Jayharrington

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum, Black on Black on Black
All -

I am looking into replacing the battery for my X (2009, Base) and, based on my forum research, it appears the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T will do the trick. A couple questions on it:

1) Is this battery indeed a legit replacement for my current battery?
2) If so, will the install be a complicated process? If yes, how so?

Look forward to hearing from anyone on it - thanks.

Jay

I've owned this battery for a couple of years now. It was a direct swap... fit perfectly and cranks/maintains the car very well. Like any battery, it will decline if not used/maintained on a regular basis, but it's a solid selection for my V.

I've owned this battery for a couple of years now. It was a direct swap... fit perfectly and cranks/maintains the car very well. Like any battery, it will decline if not used/maintained on a regular basis, but it's a solid selection for my V.

JJ - thank you. I see you have an ‘06; but, do you have any reason to believe why this battery wouldn’t fit my 2009 base?

Jay

I do not, Jay. I’m not familiar with any later changes that would include the battery tray or compartment, but that certainly does not imply there were none. Perhaps someone with a later model can chime in. Good battery, good luck!

I do not, Jay. I’m not familiar with any later changes that would include the battery tray or compartment, but that certainly does not imply there were none. Perhaps someone with a later model can chime in. Good battery, good luck!

No worries my brother; no worries. I appreciate your help thus far. I’ll do a little more diggin - hopefully, someone else will chime in too. Thanks again!

Whatever battery you buy,,if you don't drive the car much......keep the battery on a battery tender to prevent big drain over a long time.

Whats the sled in your avatar picture?

Whatever battery you buy,,if you don't drive the car much......keep the battery on a battery tender to prevent big drain over a long time.

Whats the sled in your avatar picture?

PZ - heard on the battery tender. This moment in time, I’m driving this thing almost daily (never sitting for more than 36 hours without a startup and drive). But, once she goes inside for a longer period of time, absolutely I’ll throw a tender on her.

I assume, when you say sled, you’re referring to JJSea55. I don’t believe I have an avatar.

Jay

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back