Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2012 Texas Mile - Beeville, Tx 26-28 Oct.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting over 160 in the mile. The best I did in the half mile was 131.3 MPH, somewhere around there is when it shifts into overdrive from 4th to 5th and I can really fill the rate of acceleration drop off in 5th gear.

I just got back from running my XLR-V at the Houston half-mile today at Elliington airport...

I made 8 runs and all were between 139.3mph and 140.0mph! :blinzel: I was stunned how consistent I was... I would have had faster times but I simply couldn't keep the tires from spinning out in both first and second gears....

They're going to start doing a full mile this October so I look forward to seeing how fast my car can go at that distance... can't wait!
This October?

I just got back from running my XLR-V at the Houston half-mile today at Elliington airport...

I made 8 runs and all were between 139.3mph and 140.0mph! :blinzel: I was stunned how consistent I was... I would have had faster times but I simply couldn't keep the tires from spinning out in both first and second gears....

They're going to start doing a full mile this October so I look forward to seeing how fast my car can go at that distance... can't wait!
This October?

It was looking good in June when they announced Bill Warner, "World’s Fastest Man on a Motorcycle" acquired the rights to Houston Mile Top Speed Competition. Unfortunately, his untimely death, put it all in jeopardy. Luckily, the same folks that run the Texas Mile in Beeville have stepped up and will be conducting The Houston Mile events through its sister company, The U.S. Mile. It will be run with the same “heart and soul” and participant and fan focused values that this team has established over the past 10-years in Texas.

To facilitate the transfer and reorganization the October event was cancelled. The team of The Texas Mile that brought Top Speed 1-Mile Competitions to The Lone Star State will bring 1-Mile Racing to Houston in the Spring of 2014. Hennessey Performance is the Title Sponsor.

While I'm on the subject of Land Speed Racing, let me add that the Texas V Club is sponsoring a V Corral at this October's Texas Mile in Beeville. This event has seen more and more Cadillacs in attendance and October we'll see the most ever on course. All the racing slots have been taken as well as a full waiting list. But, this event will probably the most exciting for Cadillac fans. There will be three CTS-V racers shooting to exceed the coveted 200MPH threshold. Dr Mark just dyno'd his car last week with a whopping 998RWHP! I plan to be there although not in ELWOOD just to watch!

It was looking good in June when they announced Bill Warner, "World’s Fastest Man on a Motorcycle" acquired the rights to Houston Mile Top Speed Competition. Unfortunately, his untimely death, put it all in jeopardy.

I had just learned about this a few weeks ago... sad..

However I'm glad that it will still happen in spring

Texas Mile 2014 Schedule

Anyone interested?

The Texas Mile Event Schedule 2014

Dear Steven,

Here it is, the 2014 Texas Mile event schedule.

2014 Texas Mile Event Schedule

March 21-23, 2014

October 24-26, 2014

Registration for the March Texas Mile will open online on January 19th. Registration fills up fast so make sure to save the date.

Stay in touch by following us on...

Our Website

Contact Information
phone: 281-303-1844

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics