Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2013 XLR Bowling Green Plant Homecoming - Sept 28th, 2013

Mike,

If you open the thumbnail photo Bruce provided, you can then right click it and save it to your computer. If you have a good printer you can then print a copy.

Bruce, is there a way to get a copy of the group photo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike,

If you open the thumbnail photo Bruce provided, you can then right click it and save it to your computer. If you have a good printer you can then print a copy.

Thanks Cubby, I will give that a shot.

Group photo from NCM tour

Still think that you should've had someone's xlr in this pic. Along with the group of owners

You can also save it to your computer and go to walmart online to photo center an order a couple different size prints!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Terrible News for NCM

For those that attended the XLR Homecoming last year, here is a devastating picture I saw this morning.

The National Corvette Museum has a sinkhole in the skydome area, as announced this morning. Eight cars were swallowed in the 25 foot deep hole. The size was estimated at 30-40 foot across. Of the eight vehicles which were swallowed , one was the 1,000,000th Corvette made, which was donated to the NCM. I assume the museum may have more information on their website.

NCM Sinkhole.JPG

Last edited:
Ouch Thanks for sharing

For those that attended the XLR Homecoming last year, here is a devastating picture I saw this morning.

The National Corvette Museum has a sinkhole in the skydome area, as announced this morning. Eight cars were swallowed in the 25 foot deep hole. The size was estimated at 30-40 foot across. Of the eight vehicles which were swallowed , one was the 1,000,000th Corvette made, which was donated to the NCM. I assume the museum may have more information on their website.

View attachment 3708

Their is more info on their facebook page. Here is a news story from LEX.

Sinkhole At Corvette Museum Swallows Eight Cars | LEX18.com

When I first saw this I was wondering about the 1983 since I knew it was near this spot. It was saved.

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...-swallows-eight-cars-National-Corvette-Museum

Damn and to think we probably walk in that area!! This is awful, wonder what caused it !

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Share this email!

SPECIAL EDITION
Sinkhole Collapses in Skydome
We received a call at 5:44am from our security company alerting us of our motion detectors going off in our Skydome area of the Museum. Upon arrival it was discovered that a sinkhole had collapsed within the Museum. No one was in or around the Museum at the time. The Bowling Green Fire Department arrived on the scene and secured the area. The Fire Department has estimated the size of the hole is 40 feet across and 25-30 feet deep.

It is with heavy hearts that we report that eight Corvettes were affected by this incident.

Those cars include:

1993 ZR-1 Spyder on loan from General Motors
2009 ZR1 “Blue Devil” on loan from General Motors
The other six vehicles were owned by the National Corvette Museum including:

1962 Black Corvette
1984 PPG Pace Car
1992 White 1 Millionth Corvette
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette
2001 Mallett Hammer Z06 Corvette
2009 White 1.5 Millionth Corvette
None of the cars affected were on loan from individuals. The Skydome exhibit area of the Museum is a separate structure connected to the main Museum. A structural engineer is now on-site to assess the existing damage and stability of the surrounding areas. The Museum is closed to the public for the day to allow us to carefully assess the situation. We will keep everyone informed as we know more.

With the 20th Anniversary celebration, Grand Opening of the NCM Motorsports Park, and the National Corvette Caravan coming August 27-30, we’ve got a lot to be excited about in 2014, and look forward to getting the Skydome repaired and reopened very soon.

Thanks to all of our Corvette friends and family for you words of prayer and support.

© Copyright National Corvette Museum 2014
350 Corvette Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101
1 800 53 VETTE (83883)

This email was sent to: dlgouker@comcast.net
This email was sent by: National Corvette Museum
350 Corvette Drive Bowling Green KY 42101
Profile Center | One-Click Unsubscribe