Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Absent for awhile, but still excited to own my 06 XLR : )

CNC

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert
Hi all. :wave:

I have posted two pictures of my Gold Mist 06 XLR that I bought in San Diego a few weeks back and drove back to Colorado at that time.

I am the second owner. I bought it from a retired MD's estate. Has just over 32000 miles on it.

Sorry I haven't yet answered all the prior posts welcoming me to the forum, but will do so soon.

All my best.

Attachments

• SK's Pictures 9-20-13 130.jpg
    SK's Pictures 9-20-13 130.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 203
  • SK's Pictures 9-20-13 126.jpg
    SK's Pictures 9-20-13 126.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 211
Amazingly Cars; & Thanks : )

Thank you. :) Yours is really sharp. The XLR's whether the 'V' or non like mine are getting really hard to find.

Hi all. :wave:

I have posted two pictures of my Gold Mist 06 XLR that I bought in San Diego a few weeks back and drove back to Colorado at that time.

I am the second owner. I bought it from a retired MD's estate. Has just over 32000 miles on it.

Sorry I haven't yet answered all the prior posts welcoming me to the forum, but will do so soon.

All my best.

CNC,

Congrats on your XLR! How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

REPLY:

CNC,

Congrats on your XLR! How are you enjoying it?

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks! Car is great. :) Every time I go out in the garage I can't believe it is there. ;) It's in the garage under an interior lined soft car cover. Dust not allowed, right? Friday night we had our first snow here. Got 2" overnight. So like our local bears "Goldie" is going to hibernate in the garage for the winter. : ) Had it out with the top down doing some local cruising about three weeks ago. Today I am going to uncover it and fire it up and let it run a bit to keep the fluids moving and charge up the battery. Need to get a battery tender for it as I intend to take it out only on rare occasions.

As a Cadillac guy maybe you could advise on where under the chassis to locate my walker jack as I need to get it up on jack stands do some work underneath. Do not want to damage it. Owners manual is not real clear on this. Tiny drops of trans fluid on the garage floor
under the front of the car. Maybe the trans cooler or a loose line?

I also understand that I can increase the horsepower by around +20 by simply changing the chip and re-flashing the system? Any thoughts on this or other performance mods like air induction system?

Thanks again. :wave:

Thanks! Car is great. :) Every time I go out in the garage I can't believe it is there. ;) It's in the garage under an interior lined soft car cover. Dust not allowed, right? Friday night we had our first snow here. Got 2" overnight. So like our local bears "Goldie" is going to hibernate in the garage for the winter. : ) Had it out with the top down doing some local cruising about three weeks ago. Today I am going to uncover it and fire it up and let it run a bit to keep the fluids moving and charge up the battery. Need to get a battery tender for it as I intend to take it out only on rare occasions.

As a Cadillac guy maybe you could advise on where under the chassis to locate my walker jack as I need to get it up on jack stands do some work underneath. Do not want to damage it. Owners manual is not real clear on this. Tiny drops of trans fluid on the garage floor
under the front of the car. Maybe the trans cooler or a loose line?

I also understand that I can increase the horsepower by around +20 by simply changing the chip and re-flashing the system? Any thoughts on this or other performance mods like air induction system?

CNC,

I'm happy that you've been enjoying the XLR as much as possible. You ask very good questions, but unfortunately questions I am not able to answer due to it being tech-related. We do rely on our dealers for advice of this sort where the trained and certified technicians are our best source of information regarding your inquiries. The same applies regarding the mods. I apologize for that, but I appreciate your response!

:D,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

As a Cadillac guy maybe you could advise on where under the chassis to locate my walker jack as I need to get it up on jack stands do some work underneath. Do not want to damage it. Owners manual is not real clear on this. Tiny drops of trans fluid on the garage floor under the front of the car. Maybe the trans cooler or a loose line?

You need to get some lifting pucks (like Corvette users own) or make some using regular hockey pucks. Or you can purchase either on EBay... just search Corvette pucks. What I do is very carefully place my jack under the car, just behind the front tires or in front of the rear tires. There are oblong holes in this area that you put the pucks into; I just center the hole in the middle of the jack in this area and lift. Your jack has to have a small lifting paddle to fit the area.
Couldn't tell you anything about the chip or reflashing...

Reply: Hi Rod : )

You need to get some lifting pucks (like Corvette users own) or make some using regular hockey pucks. Or you can purchase either on EBay... just search Corvette pucks. What I do is very carefully place my jack under the car, just behind the front tires or in front of the rear tires. There are oblong holes in this area that you put the pucks into; I just center the hole in the middle of the jack in this area and lift. Your jack has to have a small lifting paddle to fit the area.
Couldn't tell you anything about the chip or reflashing...

Thanks Rod. Read something before somewhere about such 'Pucks'. I will try to obtain a set somewhere or go to a sporting goods store and pick up hockey pucks. Maybe it would be best just to get the 'real deals' on line. Yeah, my walker jack is a big one. Lifts to 32". I don't think it's going to fit underneath The XLR. Probably will have to buy a low profile jack.

Also, in the event you may ever become aware of a replacement high mount rear brake light lens, I am looking for one. Apparently the prior owner opened the trunk into something and gouged mine up and cracked the lens. Cadillac tells me they are all the same 2004 - 2009 but now 'out of production'.

Hope you are recovering well and all is good :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back