Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CNC, New XLR Owner

CNC

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert
Hi all. Tomorrow at 12:22 P.M. I land in San Diego to pick up my new (to me : ) one owner 06 Gold Mist XLR with 31,000 miles on the clock. To say I am excited to own such a beautiful vehicle is an understatement. The car is presently owned by a retired doctor who bought it new in the fall of 05. This original California car will soon be a Colorado car. I will be driving it back on tomorrow. Before I head back to Colorado I am taking it in to Cadillac for an oil and filter change + check all fluids, belts, brakes, tires hoses, etc. as it has pretty much been sitting since 2010. Last dealer service record shows early 2010 at 29,000 miles, and now 31,000. As no one seems to know when the oil was changed last thougt this was wise. Guy selling it to me on behalf of the doctor's wife (he is now in a nursing home) says it runs and drives fine and shows 20% left on engine oil life.

Somehow the right front headlight washer thingy is missing with just a hole in the bumper. Can anyone recommend a source for OEM parts where I might be able to get one that is color matched to the finish? :wave:

New acquisition!

Congratulations! :wave:

There were only 335 Gold Mist XLRs produced in 2006 and only 3 in 2007, so as uncommon as XLRs are, Gold Mist XLRs are even rarer!

Of course, the dealer is using Mobil One fully synthetic oil, isn't he?

We'll be expecting to see some pictures soon.

Lots of good folks and good information here on this site.

Congrats and welcome to the XLR Net!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

welcome

Welcome to the best forum on the web and good luck w/your new ride :wave:

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride & have a fun drive home.:wave:

You can order new washer covers from your Cadillac dealer & they will need to be painted body color.

Love Gold Mist

Love that color!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding. Wish they made a V in it!!!

WELCOME to the best XLR forum on the Internet. Hope you have LOTS of top down time on your way to Colorado!!!

Welcome to the XLR Net!!!! Have fun with your new ride. :wave:

Hey, welcome to the forum, CNC. It's great to have another Colorado XLR, especially an '06! Where do you live in CO? I've made the Palm Desert to Pueblo West run so many times, the Joshua trees and I are on a first name basis.

I second the recommendation that you insist on Mobil 1. Caddy has their own oil now that's a synthetic blend; I prefer the full synthetic protection of Mobil 1.

The headlight washer "deally" was missing on mine, too. I put it on w/ epoxy, and it even has stood up to light power washing. I usually hand wash it, tho. I got it from the dealer (Cadillac of La Quinta, by Palm Desert, CA).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do. Look into the Costco extended warranty. Mine's saved me a bundle so far.

Have a great drive.

Tim

Hey, welcome to the forum, CNC. It's great to have another Colorado XLR, especially an '06! Where do you live in CO? I've made the Palm Desert to Pueblo West run so many times, the Joshua trees and I are on a first name basis.

I second the recommendation that you insist on Mobil 1. Caddy has their own oil now that's a synthetic blend; I prefer the full synthetic protection of Mobil 1.

The headlight washer "deally" was missing on mine, too. I put it on w/ epoxy, and it even has stood up to light power washing. I usually hand wash it, tho. I got it from the dealer (Cadillac of La Quinta, by Palm Desert, CA).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do. Look into the Costco extended warranty. Mine's saved me a bundle so far.

Have a great drive.

Tim

yes i don't think my warranty is costco. but so far my extended warranty saved me too. I also hand wash my baby. This way i can check her out if she has a new mark or something in the paint is wrong. Like a smudge.

welcome to the greatest XLR website around. You'll find that we are very knowledgeable about our cars. Even some of us more then others. Thats why we have this site. Just ask and someone here will answer

Oh a GOLD MIST owner!
Welcome to the club your gonna LOVE IT HERE!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dan Gouker

Hi all. Tomorrow at 12:22 P.M. I land in San Diego to pick up my new (to me : ) one owner 06 Gold Mist XLR with 31,000 miles on the clock. To say I am excited to own such a beautiful vehicle is an understatement. The car is presently owned by a retired doctor who bought it new in the fall of 05. This original California car will soon be a Colorado car. I will be driving it back on tomorrow. Before I head back to Colorado I am taking it in to Cadillac for an oil and filter change + check all fluids, belts, brakes, tires hoses, etc. as it has pretty much been sitting since 2010. Last dealer service record shows early 2010 at 29,000 miles, and now 31,000. As no one seems to know when the oil was changed last thougt this was wise. Guy selling it to me on behalf of the doctor's wife (he is now in a nursing home) says it runs and drives fine and shows 20% left on engine oil life.

Somehow the right front headlight washer thingy is missing with just a hole in the bumper. Can anyone recommend a source for OEM parts where I might be able to get one that is color matched to the finish? :wave:

Huge congratulations!

Let us know if you ever have questions.

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Yes, Welcome! By the time you read this you will have been grinning non stop for quite a long while I should imagine.

Likely the cheapest alternative to the painting of that squirter is to make an appointment with a scratch repair guy, the guy who goes from dealer to dealer doing touch ups. They mix the paint on site based on your paint code and use an airbrush and will paint that quickly and easily and fix any chips and scratches while they are at it on your car. Our local guy's business is called Cars-Metics which is part of a 'chain/franchise' although I do not know if that is also an American chain. (I am Canadian from Ontario) Good luck with that!

Can't wait to see a pic. Love the color. I just bought my 2009 Silver Platinum as well so we can be newbes on this site together.

Anita

Welcome to the forum. I was thinking "gold mist? I don't think Ive seen a gold XLR."
With only around 300 made I guess I know why.
Anyhow, welcome, and enjoy the car. Hope you two have a nice "get acquainted' cruise to Colorado.
Bruce

Hope you can make it to the "Montana Rocket Run" next August, starting out in Billings, MT. Always great to meet a fellow XLR owner.

CNC NEW 06 XLR GOLD MIST OWNER : )

First off, thanks to all of you for welcoming me to The Club! The car needs some work but is overall 'beautiful' and I am excited to own it! I got home in Colorado with it at 9:00 last night, still with a grin on my face. What a great car! The drive back was 1,188 miles. It never missed a beat. Also, no speeding tickets! That's a good thing. : ) Avg. 25 mpg.

I bought the car from the estate of the doctor. I had it wrong before. His wife is presently 88 years young, and her doctor husband(MD.) bought the car new at age 84. He is now 92 years young. : ) She, God Bless Her, has been liquidating everything. Nice lady.

The car needs new brakes all the way around and new tires. She drove it after he went into the nursing home. I think she rested her foot on the brake pedal 24/7 while driving. Oops. : ) --- Plus she scraped up the bottom of the front air dam quite a bit and the rocker panel bottoms. Scrapers on the pads are not yet hitting the rotors, but are 'real close'. Turned out that she had left all her 'classical music CD's loaded'. I offered this A.M. to send them back to her, but she told me to keep and enoy them. Awwwww.

So immediately, now that the car is here in Colorado, new brakes and tires are the first order of business, then the required body work. Minor, but I want it perfect.

Yes, I had the Cadillac Dealer in La Mesa CA use Mobil 1, and they also serviced the coolant and trany fluid and went over the whole car as it had been sitting in the owners garage for 3 years and 8 months since the last Car Fax entry. Yes I had called all Caddy Dealers involved and got the blow by blow per service on the car. The primary dealer told me "That car is pristine and had been sevicied religiously up to the time they parked it. He changed the oil and filter every 3,000 miles with Mobil1" (not required as you know).

When I got to Grand Junction CO, I stopped had the car washed in and out to get road grime and bugs off, and then put the top down with shades on and cruised through The Rockies on I-70 east and the Isenhower Tunnel. Beautiful day. Mid 70's and our typical 10 - 12 % relative humdity. Every time I stopped for gas people were coming over and looking at it. I got, "What is that? --- Nice Car!".

This coming winter I will be in 'withdrawals' as it will sit under a car cover in the garage with our snow and ice season. Not the time here to be driving a fairly powerful rear wheel drive factory hot rod.

Just as soon as I get recovered from the trip back, I will post pictures.

Thank you all again for your warm welcome!

:wave:

Thanks! I'm back from The really Long Drive. : )

Thaks for the welcome. I'm in Monument. Got in at 9:00 P.M. last night and still smiling! : ) :wave: The headlight bwasher is completely 'gone' and they disn't know where it is? So I'll just order a new one and have it painted. Thanks again.

Have a great drive.

Tim[/QUOTE]

Yes. me too! : ) But No 'V' s in Gold Mist that I know. - Thanks. - Click on #2 of my original posting.

Love that color!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding. Wish they made a V in it!!!

Reply: Yes me also. Shopped a long time for what I felt was the right one. Would like to have a 'V', but decided on Gold Mist.

I couldn't figure out how to post my thanks to all of you and the return trip info with the car. My description of this is under #2 of my original posting. Still trying to figure out how to navigate the site.

Thanks again! :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back