Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! All C6 suspension parts are direct replacement parts for the XLR.

ckrause333

My XLR/V(s)
Black 2007 XLR
I found this statement in one of my research adventures regarding sway bar upgrades. Does anyone have comments, pro or con ?

I keep looking at the material in the forums and when I talk to the part's sellers they dispute that Corvette sway bars will work or fit on the XLR. My suspension knowledge is pretty limited but I am trying to find a reasonable way to stiffen my 07 XLR while cornering and yet not destroy the values of the magnetic ride control. Is there an XLR owner who has actually replaced their sway bars and had results that are acceptable? If so - exactly what did you use?

Thanks\\

UPDATE --

I purchased the Hotchkis C-6 Sport sway bars for front and rear. Perfect fit!! Basic ride is the same but cornering is much better.

Last edited:
I found this statement in one of my research adventures regarding sway bar upgrades. Does anyone have comments, pro or con ?

I keep looking at the material in the forums and when I talk to the part's sellers they dispute that Corvette sway bars will work or fit on the XLR. My suspension knowledge is pretty limited but I am trying to find a reasonable way to stiffen my 07 XLR while cornering and yet not destroy the values of the magnetic ride control. Is there an XLR owner who has actually replaced their sway bars and had results that are acceptable? If so - exactly what did you use?

Thanks

I fitted the Hotchkis set with the rear on the medium setting. It works well for me. There is plenty of advice and experience on this site, I find the site's search doesn't work as well as a direct Google search, to find a whole bunch of posts, try this search in Google:

"sway bar" site: put the url of this site here no spaces (if I put the actual url in this edit, the site auto displays something else)
<www.xlr-net.com>
The site: command tells Google to look at this site only.

HTHs</www.xlr-net.com>

Last edited:
This thread has more information than you'd probably ever need (& 9/10 of which I don't understand): https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...or-possible-upgrade.html?highlight=Suspension

Yeah that thread pretty much covers most options. The Hotchkis adjustables is probably the safest bet - and you can make changes to suit your driving style and comfort. Mixing and matching is a bit of an art, I started out with Z06 everything, but the balance was still off. I knew I needed something extreme which is why I started that thread. Buying different springs and sways to mix and match could easily become cost prohibitive.

Except having to dodge potholes in the city, I'm very happy with my setup. I won my regional class in SCCA autocross that year beating out two C6s (and besting 2 C5 in another class). This year, I have and will continue to shake down the setup on high speed road courses. And I'm having a ball!

Race Trim:
ElwoodAutocrosshttp___makeagifcom__media_10-25-2013_hzBCPQ_zps1cb328f7.gif

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry