Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Arthritis Auto Show in Dublin, OH

Updated Information

Update for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show – Dublin, Ohio. July 10,11 & 12.

Pre-show Activities – July 7[SUP]th[/SUP],8[SUP]th[/SUP] and 9th

- Granville Inn, Granville, Ohio. I have 10 rooms blocked for arrival Tuesday July 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have 15-20 rooms blocked for Wednesday July 9[SUP]th[/SUP]. Rooms are $99 per night. Refer to the XLR Group or use my name – Tim Powers. All rooms are single queen beds, they do have two rooms with two doubles, but are first come first serve. Plan to have dinner at the Inn Tuesday evening. The room block will be released on June 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. Anything after that will be based on availability and if you can talk them into the same rate. Inn Phone# - 740-587-3333. http://www.granvilleinn.com
-
- Wednesday July 9th– Group outing at The Wilds – near Zanesville, OH. The Wilds is a World Class natural setting animal park run primarily by the Columbus Zoo – it has over 10,000 acres. They have group tours and catered lunches. Catering as either box lunches or buffet is available. 1 hour drive there and expect about 2 to 2 ½ hours there including lunch
6fc653f4fefade6d5240ab1fec5af626.jpg
http://www.thewilds.org/plan_your_visit/default.aspx
-
- The Triple Nickel – We leave the Wilds and travel about 15 miles to pick up Ohio State Rt 555 . This is the best Touring Roads in Ohio. While the Motorcycle folks write about it the most, it has great scenic views as most of it follows ridgelines. We’ll take that to OH 78 over to Athens, OH and turn back north up OH 33, to OH 664 to OH 13 to Buckeye Lake. Expect this to be about 3 hours, stopping as needed. OH555 has no services, though.:cool: http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/440/Ohio/The-Triple-Nickle---Route-555.html
-
- Buckeye Lake Winery – Dinner Wednesday evening. Scenic, good food and, of course, wine. They also feature craft brews from nearby Buckeye Lake Brewery, something for everyone. Still working out details, but I’ve pasted some options for groups. http://buckeyelakewinery.com/groups/
IMG_1604.jpg

- Dublin Arthritis Foundation Car Show - July 10,11 and 12th
Dublin Arthritis Foundation Car Show. A great show and one of, if not the largest car shows in Ohio.
Activities and times posted on their Website: http://www.arthritisautoshow.com/about/general-admission
- Thursday July 10th– Activities begin in Dublin with the Rolling Legends Tour. It is a large group drive with an activity included. This is about a 40 minute drive from Granville so we will have to leave by 8:30AM so we can be in Dublin by 10AM.
- I am planning on organizing our cars to get detailed on Thursday PM. Details to follow. I have talked to Capitol Cadillac to get he cars detailed, they may hold a cookout, too.
-
- Dublin Accommodations, July 10,11[SUP]th[/SUP] and 12th – Crowne Plaza, 600 Metro Place North, 
Dublin, OH 43017 . Tel: 614-764-2200. Rooms are blocked - ask for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show. The block is for the car show in general, not just our group. The hotel said that the rooms are blocked until June 8[SUP]th[/SUP] – but rooms sell out typically by mid-May. That why we are starting this early! Room are $119 each. http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/dublin/cmhdo/hoteldetail
- There is also a nearby Hilton Garden Inn - $139, (614) 766-9900, Embassy Suites , (614) 790-9000, both are on the Metro Place Circle. Also a Marriot Courtyard- (614) 764-9393, about ¼ mile away.
- Friday July 11th– Cruise In. This begins in the morning and spaces are first come first serve. Both the Cruise In and the Car Show take place on the Metro Place North Circle – where our Hotel is located. Registration is 10AM until 6PM. Spaces begin filling up early, so this is an all day activity. There is entertainment and food all day and goes until 11PM. Since activities are all day, plan dinner on the fly.
- Saturday July 12th– Car Show. Registration is at 7:30AM until 11:30AM. Show begins at 10AM. The XLR’s will be registered as our own subgroup. I have to finalize our sponsor yet, but Capitol Cadillac has agreed to sponsor our trophies. Awards Ceremony at 5:30PM.
- Dinner – I hope to get transportation for a group dinner in German Village. There is NO parking in that area, not at least for 30 XLR’s, so a bus will be our best bet. Schmidt’s it the logical choice.

For those that are going for sure, please PM me with your contact information. First, Last name and also if you are bringing your spouse/guest (and his/her name), your Cell phone number, and which days you expect to participate. I will need to get a good idea of numbers for the Buckeye Lake Dinner and the detailing on Thurs. but mostly if we will get a bus on Saturday.

Last edited:
This is such a let down we can't attend this event :-( it's even my birthday weekend (July 10th)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Sights to see in Central Ohio

PICT0063.jpg
I thought I would post a picture of the XLR in front of the Longaberger headquarters. Yes, it is shaped like a basket. We will drive by it on the way to the Wilds, one of the activities scheduled for the Arthritis Show in July. Longaberger Company markets hand made (American Made) baskets and home decorations. :)

Hotel room booked

Photo Girl & Cadillac Tech have booked their room at the Crowne Plaza for this weekend. We were at this show in 2013 and really enjoyed it. All different makes & models of vehicles to see; I would suggest attending this show if you are able to.

A big "Thank You" to nerkpowers for all of your work on this event!!

I'll be at some of the events this weekend. Not sure which parts yet.

Just as a side note, in Zanesville there is also Ohio route 666 for a photo op. :reddevil
2006-Apr-02 @ 20-53 (image 00619)(2).jpg

You are also going to be very close to the "Big Muskie" on Ohio 78. Worlds largest dragline bucket, if you are into that kind of thing.
largebuckettn.jpg

Too many things that weekend :(

I was planning on attending this show this summer - but unfortunately we have a multitude of things going on at home (one of which is my son's birthday on the 12th) that weekend. So Devin and I will be missing this show this year. I hope to be able to attend it next year, though.

Hope the weather is perfect and that everybody had a great time!

I was planning on attending this show this summer - but unfortunately we have a multitude of things going on at home (one of which is my son's birthday on the 12th) that weekend. So Devin and I will be missing this show this year. I hope to be able to attend it next year, though.

Hope the weather is perfect and that everybody had a great time!

Sorry you can't make it. I had to back out of the 10th Anniversary in Bowling Green and I am looking forward to meeting the folks who frequent the forum. Perhaps there will be another Gathering or car show.

Just a reminder, most of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza will be booked by early May. Even if you think you might be interested in attending, I would suggest making a reservation, you can always cancel later. Reference the Arthritis Car show for the special rate, there are a block of rooms. Anyone who knows for sure they are attending, please PM me with the dates that you will be attending, your first, last name and cell# so we can make contact once you get into town. See the earlier post for additional details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, the message about attending was to the entire forum. Hope we can meet sometime ChicagoDave.

Supa & I have reserved our room at the Crowne Plaza for the event on July 10-13. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Kris and I booked our rooms at the Marriott about a month ago for this show. Can't wait to see everybody. Hope the cold and snow will be gone by then.

I'll be at some of the events this weekend. Not sure which parts yet.

Just as a side note, in Zanesville there is also Ohio route 666 for a photo op. :reddevil
View attachment 3812

You are also going to be very close to the "Big Muskie" on Ohio 78. Worlds largest dragline bucket, if you are into that kind of thing.
View attachment 3813

Be agood photo op to park cars in the "Big Muskie".

I figured you wanted to take Missy & Supa to Route 666! I think that runs to Hell, Michigan! :laugh::laugh:

Be agood photo op to park cars in the "Big Muskie".

Update for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show – Dublin, Ohio. July 10,11 & 12.

Pre-show Activities – July 7[SUP]th[/SUP],8[SUP]th[/SUP] and 9th

- Granville Inn, Granville, Ohio. I have 10 rooms blocked for arrival Tuesday July 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. I have 15-20 rooms blocked for Wednesday July 9[SUP]th[/SUP]. Rooms are $99 per night. Refer to the XLR Group or use my name – Tim Powers. All rooms are single queen beds, they do have two rooms with two doubles, but are first come first serve. Plan to have dinner at the Inn Tuesday evening. The room block will be released on June 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. Anything after that will be based on availability and if you can talk them into the same rate. Inn Phone# - 740-587-3333. Welcome to The Granville Inn
-
- Wednesday July 9th– Group outing at The Wilds – near Zanesville, OH. The Wilds is a World Class natural setting animal park run primarily by the Columbus Zoo – it has over 10,000 acres. They have group tours and catered lunches. Catering as either box lunches or buffet is available. 1 hour drive there and expect about 2 to 2 ½ hours there including lunch
View attachment 3678
The Wilds: Advancing Conservation through Science, Education & Personal Experience - Plan Your Visit
-
- The Triple Nickel – We leave the Wilds and travel about 15 miles to pick up Ohio State Rt 555 . This is the best Touring Roads in Ohio. While the Motorcycle folks write about it the most, it has great scenic views as most of it follows ridgelines. We’ll take that to OH 78 over to Athens, OH and turn back north up OH 33, to OH 664 to OH 13 to Buckeye Lake. Expect this to be about 3 hours, stopping as needed. OH555 has no services, though.:cool: The Triple Nickle - Route 555 | Ohio Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
-
- Buckeye Lake Winery – Dinner Wednesday evening. Scenic, good food and, of course, wine. They also feature craft brews from nearby Buckeye Lake Brewery, something for everyone. Still working out details, but I’ve pasted some options for groups. GROUPS
View attachment 3679

- Dublin Arthritis Foundation Car Show - July 10,11 and 12th
Dublin Arthritis Foundation Car Show. A great show and one of, if not the largest car shows in Ohio.
Activities and times posted on their Website: General Admission | About Show | Arthritis Auto Show
- Thursday July 10th– Activities begin in Dublin with the Rolling Legends Tour. It is a large group drive with an activity included. This is about a 40 minute drive from Granville so we will have to leave by 8:30AM so we can be in Dublin by 10AM.
- I am planning on organizing our cars to get detailed on Thursday PM. Details to follow. I have talked to Capitol Cadillac to get he cars detailed, they may hold a cookout, too.
-
- Dublin Accommodations, July 10,11[SUP]th[/SUP] and 12th – Crowne Plaza, 600 Metro Place North, 
Dublin, OH 43017 . Tel: 614-764-2200. Rooms are blocked - ask for the Arthritis Foundation Car Show. The block is for the car show in general, not just our group. The hotel said that the rooms are blocked until June 8[SUP]th[/SUP] – but rooms sell out typically by mid-May. That why we are starting this early! Room are $119 each. http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/dublin/cmhdo/hoteldetail
- There is also a nearby Hilton Garden Inn - $139, (614) 766-9900, Embassy Suites , (614) 790-9000, both are on the Metro Place Circle. Also a Marriot Courtyard- (614) 764-9393, about ¼ mile away.
- Friday July 11th– Cruise In. This begins in the morning and spaces are first come first serve. Both the Cruise In and the Car Show take place on the Metro Place North Circle – where our Hotel is located. Registration is 10AM until 6PM. Spaces begin filling up early, so this is an all day activity. There is entertainment and food all day and goes until 11PM. Since activities are all day, plan dinner on the fly.
- Saturday July 12th– Car Show. Registration is at 7:30AM until 11:30AM. Show begins at 10AM. The XLR’s will be registered as our own subgroup. I have to finalize our sponsor yet, but Capitol Cadillac has agreed to sponsor our trophies. Awards Ceremony at 5:30PM.
- Dinner – I hope to get transportation for a group dinner in German Village. There is NO parking in that area, not at least for 30 XLR’s, so a bus will be our best bet. Schmidt’s it the logical choice.

For those that are going for sure, please PM me with your contact information. First, Last name and also if you are bringing your spouse/guest (and his/her name), your Cell phone number, and which days you expect to participate. I will need to get a good idea of numbers for the Buckeye Lake Dinner and the detailing on Thurs. but mostly if we will get a bus on Saturday.

I thought I would copy my earlier post. So far we have 2 couples, (Photo Girl and Cubby) signed up for the Arthritis Show. Just a reminder, the rooms at the Crowne Plaza will fill up by early May. If you will be coming, please PM me with your contact info.

Registration is Open!

For those of you planning on attending the Arthritis Foundation Car Show - Here is a link to the registration page.

Registration | Enter Your Car | Arthritis Auto Show

The XLR's will have their own group this year, so be sure to specify the XLR Group for judging purposes, that way we will all be in one location. Please PM me if you planning to attend and which days you plan to attend. This will assist in planning events. So far there are only 3 of us - I heard Fred may bring his newly painted baby to the show, though.:wave: Can't wait to see that! I am hoping to get a bus to take us to German Village either Friday or Saturday for dinner. Not a lot of places to park XLR's in that area.

I've been trying to figure out which day. Now registered for Saturday. I'll be commuting arriving late morning.

Last edited:
For those of you planning on attending the Arthritis Foundation Car Show - Here is a link to the registration page.

Registration | Enter Your Car | Arthritis Auto Show

The XLR's will have their own group this year, so be sure to specify the XLR Group for judging purposes, that way we will all be in one location. Please PM me if you planning to attend and which days you plan to attend. This will assist in planning events. So far there are only 3 of us - I heard Fred may bring his newly painted baby to the show, though.:wave: Can't wait to see that! I am hoping to get a bus to take us to German Village either Friday or Saturday for dinner. Not a lot of places to park XLR's in that area.
I will be there with my wife Kris. Arriving Thursday afternoon somtime.

Where are all the Midwest XLR owners?

I'm a little surprised there are only four XLR's listed for this show. Rich, Eric & Betsy, Nils & Elise, this is in your back yard! We need to get a better showing for this event. We are just past two months away, it should be warm in the Midwest by July! :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom