Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Best Christmas gift...EVER!

sschooley

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White XLR
Today marked a great start to Christmas week for us. This morning my oldest Son and his unit were released from their operational tour in Kuwait/Iraq. He heads home today from Georgia.
Most importantly he brought every one of the men he commanded safely home. Given the scope of their year long mission a most impressive feat. I sincerely pray the relieving Units are equally as effective and successful.
In addition, (and I nostalgically consider it not a coincidence) a lone Bald Eagle repeatedly swooped over the pond behind our home while we finished breakfast. I wish I had a Photo Girl or a Photo Mom handy that could have captured the moment for you all. In my view, perhaps a symbolic reminder that we are being protected everyday by those brave men and women we will never see, never know, nor ever meet. God bless them all!
Merry Christmas!
Steve

Steve,

That has to be one of the greatest Christmas gifts a family could receive!! My hats off to your son and his unit for a job well done. And also thanks to all our men and women serving our country to keep us all safe and free!! Everyone please take the time this holiday season to remember them all in your prayers and also those that gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. God Bless America!!

Today marked a great start to Christmas week for us. This morning my oldest Son and his unit were released from their operational tour in Kuwait/Iraq. He heads home today from Georgia.
Most importantly he brought every one of the men he commanded safely home. Given the scope of their year long mission a most impressive feat. I sincerely pray the relieving Units are equally as effective and successful.
In addition, (and I nostalgically consider it not a coincidence) a lone Bald Eagle repeatedly swooped over the pond behind our home while we finished breakfast. I wish I had a Photo Girl or a Photo Mom handy that could have captured the moment for you all. In my view, perhaps a symbolic reminder that we are being protected everyday by those brave men and women we will never see, never know, nor ever meet. God bless them all!
Merry Christmas!
Steve

Merry Christmas!
Steve

Thank you to your son! I'm happy to hear he will be home with you and your family for Christmas. God bless you and your family.
:patriot:

Steve, you and your wife must be so proud of your son. Please thank him for us.:patriot:
I'm sure you can't wait to see him. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Steve, you and your wife must be so proud of your son. Please thank him for us.:patriot:
I'm sure you can't wait to see him. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Steve,

That is wonderful news! MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Yes, please thank your son for ensuring we are safe and that our freedom is also protected! Job well done!

Hoorah, glad to see your family will be together for the holidays. One thing I don't miss, is being away while missing the children growing up.

Just one question, is he legacy?

No. None of my sons marched to the drums at West Point, but he has seen more hostile muzzle flashes than I ever did after I left there....Glad he is home!
Gizmo, you have a great Christmas!

After I read your post, I was speechless. Imagine that? I started to post 2 or 3 times, but nothing went together right.....I kept reading the post over and over and thinking about how happy and proud you must be of your Son and how blessed you must feel as will all of the families of the Men and Women in his unit. The eagle soaring above the lake fascinated me....I believe that certain things happen and we call them a coincidence until I ran across this:

Definition of a Coincidence:
" A situation in which God choses to be anonymous"

Merry Christmas and the best New Year yet to you and your family.

Photo Mom

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back