Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Bluetooth into the XLR

I went ahead and ordered the 2009 service manuals... $200... I think I'm almost a grand into this project... at this point, I just want it to work... :rolleyes:

... I think I'm almost a grand into this project... at this point, I just want it to work... :rolleyes:

MAN!!! That devotion!!! But I hope you get it working!!!

I got the 2009 service manuals yesterday.

Ok, so the right side controls are the same for all years. The right side controls all connect to the CD Changer:

Code:
Button  : Ohm
PTT     : 3102
Source  : 4282
Vol +   : 2387
Vol -   : 1912
Preset+ : 1564
Preset- : 1270

The left side is different - And these controls connect to the BCM:

Code:
Button  : New   : Old
Mute    : 2050  : 5000
Seek +  : 3590  : 2000
Seek -  : 6680  : n/a

I'm going to try the new radio again to see if maybe I got confused - maybe only the left buttons were scrambled, but the right buttons were fine.

I also am not certain the new radio I have is really from a 2009. I spoke with Partstaxi.com and the p/n for the new Nav Radio is 15282637 and the p/n for the older version is 15852294 (which is the same as the one from my 06 and also the one I got from salvage).

So I put the salvage radio back in and found all the buttons were scrambled - both left and right side buttons.

The PTT and Source buttons became Vol+ and Vol-... and the right side buttons were either non-functional or became other functions.

Oddly, the Seek+ and Mute buttons worked fine (the ones connected to the BCM).

I'm thinking that this is the wrong radio - I'm sending it back.

Anything new to report here? Or have we kind'of dropped this?

Anything new to report here? Or have we kind'of dropped this?

I'm still trying to find a 2009 nav radio... I haven't found one yet.

Any Updates?

All, was any additional progress made on this? I'm looking for a OEM look bluetooth upgrade for an 07 XLR with navigation. I'm also not interested in losing the OnStar functionality that comes with the BlueStar or Galaxy1000.

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have a random question and probably one you have never got before. I am a Cadillac enthusiast and my latest project is a 2006 Cadillac XLR-V. One of the things I was going to do is replace the 06' XLR-V version steering wheel to that of the 08-09 XLR-V series. However, In perusing steering wheels that Cadillac has to offer, nothing has caught my eye more than the 2010 CTS V leather wrapped steering wheel, looks sleek and stealth – I purchased it yesterday and will be arriving in just a few days (don’t worry, if my little project doesn’t work, I have 30 days to return it).

So anyhow, it now begs the question when I receive my new CTS-V steering wheel in the mail in the next few days will the 2010' CTS-V steering wheel fit on an 06' XLR-V model? Doeshave anyone have any specs/ manual/ info on the steering wheel so I can compare and contrast if it would fit.

1) Does anyone have any working knowledge on this subject?
2) Any information on this subject would be greatly, greatly appreciated in my attempt to customize my 06' XLR-V.
3) What other parts may I need to get the steering wheel to work properly (assuming the fitment will work)?
4) Electronically (again assuming the wheel fits in the first place), what challenges will I have?

email: justin.jordan23@gmail.com

Thanks so much in advance!!

All, was any additional progress made on this? I'm looking for a OEM look bluetooth upgrade for an 07 XLR with navigation. I'm also not interested in losing the OnStar functionality that comes with the BlueStar or Galaxy1000.

Thank you in advance for any help.
After Galaxy told me the could not support an XLR I ordered and installed a Costar Bluestar 2010. It seems to be working fine after I reflashed the unit to an older firmware. I need to do some more testing to confirm audio quality.

I find this thread interesting, but then it just stops. Can any of the participants ie; richardyoo, XLR28 tell us the out come. It would be very interesting to know if all the time and hard work and money that went into the project worked.

Thank you,
Moose

XLR radio options

Hello everyone. I have owned my 2006 XLR for almost 7 years now. I still enjoy the car and would like to hold on to it for a few more years anyway. I do miss the latest options availble to the radios that were not available in 2006. I am talking about bluetooth and backup camera. First I was wondering if the later years of the XLR these options were available and I should shop for a used radio with these options. I have GPS, temp, all bands, and CD player and don't want to sacrifice any of those. I have a recent year truck with a mirror backup cam but it is not the same as the larger radio cams. I know bluetooth can be added but as far as I know it doesn't interact with the radio. I want very baddly not to add screens and buttons. I have read with interest to adapt the onstar button with bluetooth. Does this interact with the my existing radio.
Lots of questions!
Ellis

I suppose you could upgrade a sow's ear into a purse if you had enough money and time. By the time you find something that will "work" for you, you still have a non-upgradeable GPS, a cd player that is only one use away from becoming a fishing weight (like mine was). I've not seen anything about adding a backup camera that didn't cost an arm and a leg.
I would suggest instead of putting good money into a 10 year old device is to put the money into a new head unit. Especially if you plan on keeping the car for several more years. I did this past summer and not regretted it at all. Backup camera/check. CD-DVD/check. Garmin NAV/check. Android Auto/check. Plus Pandora, Spotify/check. HD radio/check. Enter data into GPS while driving/check. Bluetooth/check. MHL capable/check. Sirius capable/check.

thanks for the fast reply

I suppose you could upgrade a sow's ear into a purse if you had enough money and time. By the time you find something that will "work" for you, you still have a non-upgradeable GPS, a cd player that is only one use away from becoming a fishing weight (like mine was). I've not seen anything about adding a backup camera that didn't cost an arm and a leg.
I would suggest instead of putting good money into a 10 year old device is to put the money into a new head unit. Especially if you plan on keeping the car for several more years. I did this past summer and not regretted it at all. Backup camera/check. CD-DVD/check. Garmin NAV/check. Android Auto/check. Plus Pandora, Spotify/check. HD radio/check. Enter data into GPS while driving/check. Bluetooth/check. MHL capable/check. Sirius capable/check.

I would like to know more about a "new Head unit". Who is the manufacturer, will it retro fit in the cavity my radio sits in? Do you have any pictures or diagrams of the unit. I am excited this sounds like what I have been looking for.

I would like to know more about a "new Head unit". Who is the manufacturer, will it retro fit in the cavity my radio sits in? Do you have any pictures or diagrams of the unit. I am excited this sounds like what I have been looking for.

This is what I had done back in August. I'm very satisfied with the install and wife loves the b/u camera.

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

I am very interested in this mod. Will this mod also allow streaming music from your phone? Once all is sorted out I would be happy to contribute or purchase a list of part numbers and instructions on this mod. I am capable of installing just not capable of sorting the needs.

I am very interested in this mod. Will this mod also allow streaming music from your phone? Once all is sorted out I would be happy to contribute or purchase a list of part numbers and instructions on this mod. I am capable of installing just not capable of sorting the needs.

The headunit that I have has Android Auto and Apple Car Play available as well as blue tooth streaming. With an extra cost adapter you can also have true screen mirroring on the head unit screen.

If you read the postings on my post as above you should find everything you need to know before you start this project.

The headunit that I have has Android Auto and Apple Car Play available as well as blue tooth streaming. With an extra cost adapter you can also have true screen mirroring on the head unit screen.

If you read the postings on my post as above you should find everything you need to know before you start this project.

Yes I looked at that also. A local shop quoted $1000 for a Kenwood with backup camera. I like that system and wanted to explore options before committing. I looked at Bluefusion as one option. It allows the hands free and streaming with origiinal steel.

Thanks for reply. Just learning what can and can't be done with the XLR

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back