Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Brake Lights Going Nuts

XLR ED

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Crimson Pearl/Ebony
Last night I was driving my 04 XLR and another driver pulled up aside of me and said. When you are driving down the road your brake lights are on and when you come to a stop with your foot on the brake they go off.

Sure enough while driving on a dark road this was the case. When I got to my garage to put my car away for the night they started working the correct way again.

I don't know if this is some how related or not but I have been having trouble with getting a message service stabilitrak and the traction control light coming on. I installed the clip in the wire connector and the message didn't come on for a couple of days but now it is back. Everytime this message come on something weird happens to this car. I sure hope this car isn't going to plaque me or it will be traded in on another Corvette.

I really hate to sound repetitive .... but this sounds just like another one of those needs new battery things .... The earlier XLR's just seem to do weird stuff, and sends weird messages whenever the battery is ready to take a dive. Really. Here's the thing ... you have to drive your car a lot, or put a tender on it .... and not short hops ... it takes a lot of driving to keep those computers fed. :pat: So - how old is your battery / and how much time is your car getting on the road??

I really hate to sound repetitive .... but this sounds just like another one of those needs new battery things .... The earlier XLR's just seem to do weird stuff, and sends weird messages whenever the battery is ready to take a dive. Really. Here's the thing ... you have to drive your car a lot, or put a tender on it .... and not short hops ... it takes a lot of driving to keep those computers fed. :pat: So - how old is your battery / and how much time is your car getting on the road??

I don't know how old the battery is becuse their is no date punched out on it. The car was sitting four days since I drove it last. I was looking at the battery and I see it only has 550 cranking amps which to me seems to low for this car.

I had a similar issue, though it was only with the brake lights. It tured out to be the switch by the brake pedal. It was fine after it got "exercised" a few times.

Did you change the switch or keep pushing the pedal in and out?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom