Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cadillac CTS Coupe

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
So this weekend, I had to bring my Vette into the dealer for its annual inspection. The dealership is a Corvette, Chevrolet and Cadillac dealer.

They had a few 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupes. It was the first time I've seen one in person.

Nice car, interesting shape and design. I kind of liked it. However, as you look at the side of the car, from the end of the doors to the back it gets REALLY tall.

And then there is the butt. Talk about oblong! It's huge!!!!!! That just about ruined it for me. :ugh:

So this weekend, I had to bring my Vette into the dealer for its annual inspection. The dealership is a Corvette, Chevrolet and Cadillac dealer.

They had a few 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupes. It was the first time I've seen one in person.

Nice car, interesting shape and design. I kind of liked it. However, as you look at the side of the car, from the end of the doors to the back it gets REALLY tall.

And then there is the butt. Talk about oblong! It's huge!!!!!! That just about ruined it for me. :ugh:

Haven't actually seen one in person... but, from the way you describe it - YUK!!!

• Admin
Haven't actually seen one in person... but, from the way you describe it - YUK!!!

It's one of those cars you have to see in person. It looks better than in the magazines. Until you get to the ass-end. And then it's pretty much a:
:jaw:

2011 Cadillac CTS Coupes. It was the first time I've seen one in person.

hesaid.gif
I was really hoping for a modern update to the Eldorado, but that ass isn't it!

the local dealership here had the new CTS coupe and CTS-V coupe... just like you, I was fine till the rear... looks kinda like an overweight new acura rear spaceship :(

Starting to see a lot of these on the street in Phoenix. I really like them but last night I saw one on the freeway at night and ther tailights looked like an SRX from a distance. That was a bit disappointing. Dealers are advertising deals on 12 month single pay leases so hopefully there will be some nice lease returns for me in a year :rocker:

I liked the cockpit most of all. Really got my attention. I agree the back end needs improvement but the car looks much better live than in a picture.:D

Speedway

I originally agreed with all of the above about the coupe, but over the years it has grown on me to the point I pulled the trigger and got one (base) this weekend. The Labor Day sales deals are really good & I got a good price on my trade (which was NOT Beauty!). It's Glacier Blue, which to me is a gorgeous color.

I would NOT get one without a backup camera, & probably not without the side blind zone alert either (although the XLR prepared me pretty well for some of the side view issues).

Thanks to what we've learned on this forum, we got the extended warranty. Dealer told us the coupe is some numbered tier level (I can't remember the number) for complex computer & electronics that can have expensive issues, and later when they found out we have an XLR said XLR's are on the same tier. Since this will be my daily driver I don't need a rogue computer problem that I have to pay for. :willy_nilly:

Hope it turns out well as I have been uncertain about post-bankruptcy products. I really love it so far based on my few days of driving it.

An added plus is there is a trained XLR tech at this dealership that we plan to make friends with. :cool:

yes i agree. the look sporty but then you look around the car and then look at the "Butt" and that ruined the whole car for me too.

yes i agree. the look sporty but then you look around the car and then look at the "Butt" and that ruined the whole car for me too.

I'm ok with that, for the same reason Cubby said - the only people seeing that are the ones I'm passing. :chuckle So far the comments I've gotten are that I have a rocket, a hot rod, and that it is loud/smoking. Those are all based on it just sitting in the parking lot & it's not even a V!

My XLR is still my true love though ... :love:

Annette, Crimson Pearl and the CTS-V Coupe

Annette is the name of the lady that purchased Crimson Pearl when she was new. Her situation changed sometime later, she only drove CP for 8,000 miles (only 200 the last year) during the time she owned it. She traded CP back into the original selling dealer, and I purchased CP from the dealer.

A few years later, Annette's situation changed again and she purchased a new CTS-V Coupe! She is good friends with my Service Advisor and has told him that she still regrets selling her XLR!

I just happened to be at the dealer the day she was picking up her new CTS-V Coupe and it was in the new car delivery area. My Service Advisor invited me to have a good look at it and have a seat in it. I thought it was very nice, but the rearward vision would be a problem. Much like the very late 60's and early 70's Mustangs.

But I could live with it!

The problem is that I would NEVER replace my XLR with a CTS Coupe, even a V! And I have no practical reason to own one, as I drive a Tahoe daily for my company vehicle and have my other toys to fill up all my garage bays!

One other little story about Annette. The last time I dropped off CP at the dealer for service, the work had been finished and she was sitting in the new car delivery area waiting for me to pick her up in the late afternoon. Annette stopped by before I got there and my Service Advisor said he could see her shouting "that's MY XLR" as she drove in!

By the way, I have never met Annette, we just keep missing each other at my dealership like "ships passing in the night".

The problem is that I would NEVER replace my XLR with a CTS Coupe, even a V! And I have no practical reason to own one, as I drive a Tahoe daily for my company vehicle and have my other toys to fill up all my garage bays!

Amy's XLR isn't going anywhere either....we traded the '08 STS for the '13 CTS Coupe because as you said, there is no practical reason to own both. The CTS is a daily driver and there's no reason to drive a boring car even if you are using it just for work!! :laugh:

Much like you, I use my Escalade as a daily driver for work and I also would never replace my XLR-V for any other ride.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom