Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CHROME GRILL

foutswb

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Black XLR
CHROME GRILLE for sale
I also have a chrome grille for sale in new condition. It came on my black 08 that I purchased new last july. I put on a black grille to replace the chrome unit and will sell it for $325 including shipping.

Hey! I may be interested. Originally, I was thinking I wanted one like the one that's factory on it, only in chrome. But I'm considering the mesh (that's what your's is?) Is it just the upper piece, or is there a lower piece, too?

Hey! I may be interested. Originally, I was thinking I wanted one like the one that's factory on it, only in chrome. But I'm considering the mesh (that's what your's is?) Is it just the upper piece, or is there a lower piece, too?

I think his is the chromed version of yours. I think they really look great on the cars.:)

Here are some pictures of chrome grilles;

From L-R Infrared,Blue Steel,Crystal Red and Xenon Blue (Tiffany's grille)

Bruce :wave:
Attached Thumbnails

Cadillac Tech is correct. The factory grill on my 08 has horizontal bars which are chrome plated for the Platinum edition. The lower border is black to match the car but can be painted to match any car.

I have replaced it with one that has all the horizontal bars painted black in place of the chromed ones. Reference the photos by Cadillac Tech or I can email a photo.

I think his is the chromed version of yours. I think they really look great on the cars.:)

I agree... I switched mine original painted grille to a chrome (purchased black - I painted infrared to match my car) Really LOVE the look!!!:love::love:

Cadillac Tech is correct. The factory grill on my 08 has horizontal bars which are chrome plated for the Platinum edition. The lower border is black to match the car but can be painted to match any car.

I have replaced it with one that has all the horizontal bars painted black in place of the chromed ones. Reference the photos by Cadillac Tech or I can email a photo.

This would be a perfect fit for batgirl1.:rocker:

Yes! I've decided to chrome it up and when I get tired of that, I'm going to black it out. I want *SPARKLE*!!!

Please forgive for sort of high jacking this thread, there is a vendor on ebay who is selling Cadillac OEM mesh grilles for between $249.00 to $349.00, please be aware that he is using a valid Cadillac part number but the grille does not fit my 2006 (it may fit a 2009, but I doubt it). The bottom tabs are sloped differently and also the slope of the grille itself is off by about one and one quarter inch. I am now stuck with a grille that does not fit ($249.00 plus $15.00 S/H and $65.00 for my dealers attempt to install). The vendor refuses to give me a refund even though he is sending out a different grille than the part number would describe. Figured that I would post this mishap here so that no one else will get scammed by this vendor. I have posted the ebay listing below.
:mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-XLR-Chrome-Mesh-OEM-GM-Grille-Brand-NEW-0-Mile-/230488484363?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35aa2f2a0b#ht_500wt_956

Apparently, Pat has changed his ad using the knowledge you provided, and is advertising the grill for 2009 models. He's new to the XLR world, having bought a bunch of factory leftovers at auction, so I can understand his mistake but the right thing to do would be to refund your money or send the correct part. Someone will buy your grill eventually.
CC :mad:

Please forgive for sort of high jacking this thread, there is a vendor on ebay who is selling Cadillac OEM mesh grilles for between $249.00 to $349.00, please be aware that he is using a valid Cadillac part number but the grille does not fit my 2006 (it may fit a 2009, but I doubt it). The bottom tabs are sloped differently and also the slope of the grille itself is off by about one and one quarter inch. I am now stuck with a grille that does not fit ($249.00 plus $15.00 S/H and $65.00 for my dealers attempt to install). The vendor refuses to give me a refund even though he is sending out a different grille than the part number would describe. Figured that I would post this mishap here so that no one else will get scammed by this vendor. I have posted the ebay listing below.
:mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadi..._Accessories&hash=item35aa2f2a0b#ht_500wt_956

If I were you I would dispute this purchase through Ebay channels. I have had problems with Ebay sellers in the past and have had to dispute through Ebay with GREAT results... especially having paid via Paypal. Ebay will contact the seller on your behalf and probably get satisfaction.
Another option would be to contact your credit card company (hopefully you paid via credit card)... they will probably have you send the item back before they will begin a dispute claim. Once you have sent the item back, the credit card company will credit you back the charges.

All is right with the world (for now :cool:)....Pat has agreed to give me a total refund. He was away for a few days at a Corvette swap meet and has agreed to make this issue right. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit and need to make a public apology....he is a gentleman.:worship:

He probably realized you would let the rest of the XLR world know about your problem and he would be stuck with all those parts. :lol::lol: Glad he is making it right for you. If he doesn't have the grill that will work for you; E&G make a great aftermarket grill that will fit. I put one on the '04 I owned and it is not hard to do. Good Luck!!

All is right with the world (for now :cool:)....Pat has agreed to give me a total refund. He was away for a few days at a Corvette swap meet and has agreed to make this issue right. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit and need to make a public apology....he is a gentleman.:worship:

Today is a GREAT day! I just bought my chrome grille!!! Thank you to all of those who helped me locate one, and thank you to foutswb for selling me his! After I put it on my car, I'll post a picture! :)

Today is a GREAT day! I just bought my chrome grille!!! Thank you to all of those who helped me locate one, and thank you to foutswb for selling me his! After I put it on my car, I'll post a picture! :)

Congrats, Kathi. I'm sure it will add just the right amount of "sparkle" to your XLR. Can't wait to see some pictures. :wave:

Great news!!! It should look great on your baby. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the pictures, Batgirl sold her car over a year ago.

Where's the pics?? :dunno: :) It's only been 2-Years now,.....(Maybe I'm just being impatient)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom