Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

COOLERS IN THE TRUNK

DON MUELLER

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR TRADED FOR 2009 XLR
COOLERS: Want to have a cooler in you trunk and still be able to put top up and down? Well Igloo makes a cooler called "island Breeze". you can fit three of these in you trunk and still have the safety barrier in the trunk in place so top goes up and down. and they fit like they were made for the car. Igloo also makes a camo version of that cooler but they are easy to loose! 12.99 each at local food store yesterday.

I was toying with that idea too. I was trying to think of a way to convert the "storage area" (the hideaway passengers side of the trunk). If you lift that cover off the one area of the trunk
pyzymyve.jpg
then somehow wire in to the car or have a custom made one. But then watch out for water condensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to look into that don

COOLERS: Want to have a cooler in you trunk and still be able to put top up and down? Well Igloo makes a cooler called "island Breeze". you can fit three of these in you trunk and still have the safety barrier in the trunk in place so top goes up and down. and they fit like they were made for the car. Igloo also makes a camo version of that cooler but they are easy to loose! 12.99 each at local food store yesterday.

I wired 12 volts into the trunk when I was running power to my CarPC. I have a RubberMaid Travel Cooler and Warmer that fits perfectly in the corner over the rear storage compartment. This cooler is perfect for keeping ice and a six pack cold all day long, either top up or down.

mK-I1B5yREXekt_gzddsCJA.jpg

When wiring up my WindRestrictor I used a light wiring tester and found a consistent hot spot in the brain area and wired my LEDs for car shows in there. So at car shows I usually kill my iPhone battery taking pictures so the other week while at Walmart I found a 12V charge that is a mountable socket and found a place to mount it over by the little carpet door where the emergency pull tabs on the left side are. I now have a charging socket in the trunk. It needs to be positioned just right or it catches the trunk lid when shutting!
So has anyone else noticed how dark the trunk is at night especially up inside where there is no lights so sometime ago I mounted 2 little oval units with 4 LEDs bulbs up inside the center flap which lights up the inner trunk ok and helps, but if there is luggage in there it's totally no help at all, so last weekend I got a brain storm and found 2 LEDs strips 6"-8" long that I mount on the upper trunk lid which shines down in from above and lights up the whole trunk area. They are an easy wire up just splice into the the small side trunk lights, Now the hard part was going up the trunk lid lifts with a wire Into the upper open trunk lid, so I disassembled the wiring block that attached to the lift bar and unsnap it ran the wiring through with the wiring that already routes throughout them in the plastic box areas, being careful to make it uniform to snap back shut and be able to reassemble it back in place correctly then wrapped with black electrical tape where need to secure it! Word of caution is the bend loop needs to be perfectly at the same bend radius, mine was loop was to big and when the trunk shut it was pushing out on it so had to loosen and pull wires down to shorten loop at the bend then it worked fine! Then to remove the top carpet liner you just pop the black push pins on the inner carpet under side and dropped down the carpet inner liner of the lid, then run the wiring between the trunk lid and the carpet liner to the center area where I decide to place the strips. Now I just drill very small ( unnoticeable holes) in the lid liner ran the lights strip wire through to the inside. I'd recommend adding wiring connections for easy removal if need to, the one last thing was how to mount these strip to the inner carpet side, they were self adhesive tape backing, but knowingly they probably would not stick well to the carpet, I came across a awesome solution that works great and is not permanent, so you can remove them without any problems in seconds. The back side is sticky on the LEDs strips so just buy some Velcro take the heavy loop side (not carpet side of the Velcro ) cut to the LEDs light strip width, stick the two sticky sides together and place the strips where ever they fit best! Here's a picture of where they fit nicely and work excellent at lighting the whole trunk area from above! My only regret is they are a blue and wish they was white LEDs, but still work just fine! I found these at Walmart in the Auto area!

zady7umy.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

When wiring up my WindRestrictor I used a light wiring tester and found a consistent hot spot in the brain area and wired my LEDs for car shows in there. So at car shows I kill my iPhone battery taking pictures so the other week while at Walmart I found a 12V charge socket and found a place to mount it over by the little door where the emergency pull tabs are I now have a charging socket I the trunk. It needs to positioned right or it catches the trunk lid when shutting!
So has anyone noticed how dark the trunk is at night especially up inside where there is no lights so sometime ago I mount 2 little oval with 4 LEDs bulbs up inside the center flap which light up the inner trunk which help, but if ther is luggage in there it's totally no help so last weekend end got sabot her brain storm and found some LEDs strips abort 6"-8" that I mount on the upper trunk lid which shines down and lights up the whole trunk area. They are an easy wire up just splice into the the small side trunk lights, now the hard part was going up the lid lifts with a wire I dis assembled the wiring block and unsnap it ran the wiring through with the wiring

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry