Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

If it wasn't for the drizzly rain today. I would've definitely had the top down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While beautiful today with not a cloud in the sky, I am SO thankful these wonderful automobiles have great A/Cs. It was too hot for a top down ride...I would have been a crispy critter. :mad:

Love Bham, played Shoal Creek there one time. I had the top down the other day, 95 degrees and had the A/C on. We have to appreciate top down weather here in the Buckeye State when we can get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really,,,,,,,

When discussing the weather, why do you feel it is necessary to hurl insults?

This is the second time you have done it.

I don't recall the first time,,,but if you say so, then it could be?

Believe you started it: Quote --- "But it's a dry heat." in your comment about AZ weather. That's an insult towards AZ folklore....

If you can't joke with the dawgs,,,,don't read my posts. Fair enough? I'll refrain from reading your 'Great One' posts as well....

Have a great day!

p z

Love Bham, played Shoal Creek there one time...

I love living here. Great weather, great cost of living, and excellent golf :cool: I cannot name all the great courses around here, and Shoal Creek is one on my list.

Is that the month the Atlantic hurricanes start tearing up your state,,,or is it the devastating tornado season?

Yes, here is your first inappropriate response.

A little good natured ribbing about the weather is standard fare for just about every forum that I participate in. Those folks that live in the colder weather states often get a little good natured teasing from those in the warmer climates.

So, after you had posted that it was warm in sunny in Arizona while the weather was very cold in the northern climates, I replied with "check back with us in August" ;)

Even after your feeble attempt to denigrate the state I live in, I maintained a civil tone and pointed out that we don't really suffer the things that you mentioned.

I even attempted to "cool" things out by pointing out that we both own 2005 cars in the same color, Crimson Pearl.

So, after I noticed in USA Today that the forecast was for 110 in Phoenix, it was your turn to take the heat with the facts. As a person that has lived in Florida, Arizona and Illinois, I am familiar with the ups and downs of those particular climates.

But you couldn't take the simple comment, often mentioned to me when I lived in Phoenix, that "it's a dry heat".

Your response once again was rude, crude and socially unacceptable.

I thought that perhaps when it was pointed out to you, that you might realize what crude remarks you had posted, perhaps see the lack of civility and decide that your comments weren't really representative of the person you are.

I don't recall the first time,,,but if you say so, then it could be?

Believe you started it: Quote --- "But it's a dry heat." in your comment about AZ weather. That's an insult towards AZ folklore....

If you can't joke with the dawgs,,,,don't read my posts. Fair enough? I'll refrain from reading your 'Great One' posts as well....

Have a great day!

p z

But no, you seem to think that the standard Arizona reply about the heat, "but it's a dry heat' is some kind of insult! I used to hear that practically every day when I lived in Phoenix.

I enjoy some good natured joking with several other members here and it's all in good taste.

By the way, my "GreaT One" posts are for the benefit of some of my fellow members who also own classic American cars. As you said, feel free to not read them, as I will not be reading any of your posts if you are this rude in person.

Please enjoy your 2005 Crimson Pearl XLR as much as I enjoy mine.

For Monday,,,actually 106 predicted,,, but not a dry heat. 4th of July through Labor Day is our Monsoon season = high humidity much like the sweat boxes of N. Carolina, Florida, 'Bama, Georgia, etc etc... but without those nasty mosquitos the size of a dime who drain the blood out of you.

We'll keep the heat,,,you keep the mosquitos and 8 months of humid, body odor, wet underwear stuck in your crack, and clothing sweat rings..... to yourself, lol

By the way, so that my fellow members don't have to search for it, here is your response to my comment " but it's a dry heat".

Very classy.

Ok I had a car club meeting to go to tonight. So As I left the house I looked up at the dark sky and thought. Ok I'll live dangerously. Well i dropped the top and headed to the gas station then onto my meeting. All the way up I think I had 3 light drizzle marks. So when I left the meeting I looked at the sky then looked at my temp gauge. It said 79* f. I dropped the top and headed home. Boy it felt good to finally drop her top after all this rain and high humidity that we've had here in north Florida.

I thought "socially unacceptable" was having a huge Pontiac signature on a XLR forum? Maybe not, I'm not much on judging political correctness.

Oh btw. My newly designed plate frame was finished and here it is. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438739524.201625.jpg its plastic but hey the person doing the custom tile lettering for me threw this in for free.

Sweet,,

attachment.php

Hawk I,,, nice work!

I'm sure many will agree,,,,

I thought "socially unacceptable" was having a huge Pontiac signature on a XLR forum?

Maybe not, I'm not much on judging political correctness.

Phrede,,,, Your view on political correctness is quite correct......"socially unacceptable" on a XLR forum.....

attachment.php

Hawk I,,, nice work!

When I get the custom tiles down in the garage I'll take a pic and post it. Then my garage floor project will be finished.

Well as promised here are some pics of the now completed job. I had to wait awhile for the design company to get the design and letters right. They had to contact the manufacture and see what will work best. So here is the final product and design. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060455.400025.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060469.150135.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060484.536114.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060517.106287.jpg

They also did my license plate frame convertible life
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060643.677015.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1439060581.317332.jpg

This is the reason why I can't keep the Xlr clean. I'm constantly vacuuming up about a pound of sand in the garage. And I haven't been at the beach with this car. Darn construction. Wish the development had another entrance for either the residences or the construction ppl. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439578971.487896.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439579022.197712.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439579042.789013.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439579059.001371.jpg

This is the reason why I can't keep the Xlr clean. I'm constantly vacuuming up about a pound of sand in the garage. And I haven't been at the beach with this car. Darn construction. Wish the development had another entrance for either the residences or the construction ppl. View attachment 5566View attachment 5567View attachment 5568View attachment 5569

Looks like you need to take the water hose and rinse the sand off! I know that's a pain to but what else are you gonna do?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Looks like you need to take the water hose and rinse the sand off! I know that's a pain to but what else are you gonna do?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Yea I started doing this. Washing the sand off the tires before I pull the car back in the garage.

Well we drove 2 hours Friday evening to Elkton Maryland and spent the night to get up at 5:15 to drive 15 minutes and get to Chesapeake Car Show by around 7:00am. After around 10 am the judges start making theirs rounds as they would put a paper on the windshield if you were one of lucky show rides to be chosen, as they were only choosing 30 winners out of the 533 show vehicles that was registered their!
While sitting on our chairs under a nice shade tree with a cool breeze coming off the water, eating our lunch the judges come by around 11:45 in golf carts stop and started checking out Roxy, he sticks the paper under the wiper an say we are choosing this beautiful ride and the direction are on the paper, well as a big smile goes across our faces I said thank you sir!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440354241.388298.jpg

So they line you up sort of like a parade in the streets throughout town, where the whole car show is going on.
Here's a picture Wendy had snapped while waiting in the line up!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440354503.411418.jpg

Then they have you drive down around the loop at a small park area that over looks the boat docking area, and then they have you drive by slowly as the crowd eeewws and aaahhhs as you drive down around the loop and stop to collect your award! Pretty Cool

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440354580.628789.jpg
MUST SAY IT WAS AWESOME DAY FOR ROXY AND US TOO!
They give out awards for the longest distance driver ( this year it was a Va. 200 and some miles) and also the largest car groups!
This would make a Cool XLR gathering, but it's probably always close to the Dublin OH, & Artomobilia Show in Carmel IN

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well we drove 2 hours Friday evening to Elkton Maryland and spent the night to get up at 5:15 to drive 15 minutes and get to Chesapeake Car Show by around 7:00am. After around 10 am the judges start making theirs rounds as they would put a paper on the windshield if you were one of lucky show rides to be chosen, as they were only choosing 30 winners out of the 533 show vehicles that was registered their!
While sitting on our chairs under a nice shade tree with a cool breeze coming off the water, eating our lunch the judges come by around 11:45 in golf carts stop and started checking out Roxy, he sticks the paper under the wiper an say we are choosing this beautiful ride and the direction are on the paper, well as a big smile goes across our faces I said thank you sir!
View attachment 5591

So they line you up sort of like a parade in the streets throughout town, where the whole car show is going on.
Here's a picture Wendy had snapped while waiting in the line up!
View attachment 5593

Then they have you drive down around the loop at a small park area that over looks the boat docking area, and then they have you drive by slowly as the crowd eeewws and aaahhhs as you drive down around the loop and stop to collect your award! Pretty Cool
View attachment 5592

MUST SAY IT WAS AWESOME DAY FOR ROXY AND US TOO!
They give out awards for the longest distance driver ( this year it was a Va. 200 and some miles) and also the largest car groups!
This would make a Cool XLR gathering, but it's probably always close to the Dublin OH, & Artomobilia Show in Carmel IN

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!