Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Thanks Rob. I’m definitely thankful (although still mad!) because things could have been much worse in a lot of ways.

Amy, so sorry to hear about your accident, I'm glad you are not hurt. The other guy is lucky he's not in the hospital.:lol:
I'm not sure how he didn't see such a beautiful car.:dunno:[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]
<strike></strike>

So the joke’s on me... took my car in for inspection and as soon as I left I got rear ended while stopped at the very first stop light. :mad::mad::mad: :bawling::bawling: Other driver pulled out of a fast food place behind me after I passed by (I was watching the vehicle to be sure it didn’t pull out right in front of me) & said he never saw me. Yes I was HOT!

Still assessing damage but the 3d brake light is toast & there’s some chips & scratches. Very, very fortunately the other brake lights weren’t hit, as the third light is available. Hard to see the red on red but the wreath & crest took the hit & the rest cracked.

Glad you are safe. Yes it could’ve been a lot worse especially in the wallet/pocketbook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy, so sorry to hear about your accident, I'm glad you are not hurt. The other guy is lucky he's not in the hospital.:lol:
I'm not sure how he didn't see such a beautiful car.:dunno:[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]
<strike></strike>

Yeah, Mike said if it happened while he was driving it he would have just kept on driving & not come home!

I guess invisibilty is just another super power of fast red cars! :chuckle

So the joke’s on me... took my car in for inspection and as soon as I left I got rear ended while stopped at the very first stop light. :mad::mad::mad: :bawling::bawling: Other driver pulled out of a fast food place behind me after I passed by (I was watching the vehicle to be sure it didn’t pull out right in front of me) & said he never saw me. Yes I was HOT!

Still assessing damage but the 3d brake light is toast & there’s some chips & scratches. Very, very fortunately the other brake lights weren’t hit, as the third light is available. Hard to see the red on red but the wreath & crest took the hit & the rest cracked.

OH NO [emoji30] This is Terrible....our XLR’s get smashed into.... glad you’re ok though, could of been worst like mine too!

Yeah, Mike said if it happened while he was driving it he would have just kept on driving & not come home!

I guess invisibilty is just another super power of fast red cars! :chuckle

Well yesterday I had a close call. I was in far right lane and a car carrier almost side swiped me. Luckily I went to the emergency lane and ran on the rumble strips. He then saw me and went back to his lane. I 95 is one of the deadliest roads here. And the area from jax-the end of St. John’s county has seen its share of fatalities
7635cf0aad598fc275fbc754aaf8bb99.png

This is the worse stretch of highway beside Miami area.

oh man..., so sorry to hear that Amy!!! :banghead: I am guessing he did not hit you very hard as you did not refer to any injuries to you: also per the small amount of damage and must have been driving something high: assuming there is no bumper damage etc and it appears the trunk lid is not tweaked? Hugs

Well yesterday I had a close call. I was in far right lane and a car carrier almost side swiped me. Luckily I went to the emergency lane and ran on the rumble strips. He then saw me and went back to his lane. I 95 is one of the deadliest roads here. And the area from jax-the end of St. John’s county has seen its share of fatalities
This is the worse stretch of highway beside Miami area.

Glad you are OK Guy! Living up to your nick name: you saw him coming!

oh man..., so sorry to hear that Amy!!! :banghead: I am guessing he did not hit you very hard as you did not refer to any injuries to you: also per the small amount of damage and must have been driving something high: assuming there is no bumper damage etc and it appears the trunk lid is not tweaked? Hugs

Yes, I seem fine to me! You hit the nail on the head, it was a lifted truck & the driver & I agreed that appears to have turned out to be a good thing.

I think to improve my visibility I’m going to use this duct tape design to fix it:

Attachments

• 459D70DB-0908-4CDD-88FB-FC23DA1DC2D3.jpg
    459D70DB-0908-4CDD-88FB-FC23DA1DC2D3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 215
Yes, I seem fine to me! You hit the nail on the head, it was a lifted truck & the driver & I agreed that appears to have turned out to be a good thing.

I think to improve my visibility I’m going to use this duct tape design to fix it:
Worked for us [emoji6] then order some OUCH Band Aids [emoji23]
de87bfffe75337b7ef87e9496ace831c.jpg

747875783e37a2818a1b9b5f15b453d1.png

Last edited:
I'm going to use this duct tape design to fix it:

Darn you beat me to the duct tape comments!! :laugh: Just glad you weren't hurt! No neck whiplash!! Poor guy that hit you,,,, now is the time to use your lawyer skills!! :)

Chad

Well I went to my dealer because of my 60 k oil maintenance. Well that was the good part because I had them install the curb alert. That one of the nice members sold me. The not so good part was my front brake pads were toast. So at first my service advisor said that the parts would be here tomorrow. Then I get a call around 4:30 pm this afternoon saying the car is done and the parts were found locally.
So after shelling out a little under $800. She is safely back home. Now what else can I think of having installed 🤫[emoji848]

I thought it would be nice to have a place to share what is going on in everyone's daily life, boring or exciting. :)

4/22/10

The weather is awesome here today, couldn't ask for it to be any nicer.:cool: Jeanie and Zoey stopped by here @ work to say hi, it's always nice to see them both.:D I'm trying to get caught up on my work so I can get to Chicago Dave's XLR tomorrow. Have a great day.:wave:

The weather in Southern Indiana was wonderful today a do almost anything you want outside kinda day.

DM
Preacher

The weather in Southern Indiana was wonderful today a do almost anything you want outside kinda day.

DM
Preacher

Hope one of the “anythings” you did was take a drive with the top down!

Hope one of the “anythings” you did was take a drive with the top down!

Yep. Had it down today. The service tech said if it was any other car on installing the curb alert it would’ve been done faster/easier. In regards to the anything. Now it’s decision weather I should get the hood/trunk liners or the wind restrictor. I wasn’t really planing on replacing my brake pads this early. But that cut into my budget for the year. [emoji38]

I pray that you are well and no hurt nor harm came to you or the other driver.

DM
Preacher

I pray that you are well and no hurt nor harm came to you or the other driver.

DM
Preacher

Thank you - thankfully everyone is fine, plus it is truly a miracle that there was no significant car damage, & the only light that got broken is actually readily replaceable.

I’m sorry that I didn’t have a chance to get to chat with you & Alison at the 15th Anniversary event. Hopefully our paths will cross again before too long!

Well Roxy’s back and she’s looking damn near brand new..... they did an awesome job on matching the paint! And even painted the hood and then a nice smooth clear coat. Thinking about front end stone protection now, maybe the clear 3M vinyl protection....any other ideas?

8c2edfe97d487f171c5c75a932d90f3f.jpg

e9cfe4b33e70f5707dbc47f54073d4ae.jpg

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve been driving. I came back from the xlr event with the start of a cold. 2 wks ago I put the xlr on battery tender. Since I figured with this high potent meds I am on, I wouldn’t be fit for driving. So now she’s sitting in the garage plugged in. I’m trying to get well because mom and I will be leaving on a cruise ship [emoji568] in a couple weeks. I have a follow up to my doctor appointment on the 30th. Hope to be well by then. I felt 50-60% better yesterday but these meds and cough syrup makes me tired

Well Roxy’s back and she’s looking damn near brand new..... they did an awesome job on matching the paint! And even painted the hood and then a nice smooth clear coat. Thinking about front end stone protection now, maybe the clear 3M vinyl protection....any other ideas?

8c2edfe97d487f171c5c75a932d90f3f.jpg

e9cfe4b33e70f5707dbc47f54073d4ae.jpg

They did a great job Dan!!!!

I’m still waiting on my hitters insurance to decide I didn’t throw it in reverse at the stop light & hit him - because of course my car is in such lousy shape that I wanted a “free” paint job. NOT! :reddevil:reddevil And I’ve been missing some flat out gorgeous weather to take it out in!

Looks like I’ll need to ramp up to daily phone calls to check the status...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom