Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Car Show today

One of my acquaintances from the Classic Car Show world was having their first car show at their church today. Quite a few of us wanted to attend to support him and his church. Most of the cars in attendance were classics. Quite a few Camaros in attendance.

I decided to drive Crimson Pearl. The weather was perfect, 74 degrees and sunny.

They had the usual awards, Top 10, Best Original, Best Paint, Best Engine, Best Interior, Pastor's Choice and Best of Show.

After all the cars were judged and trophies were awarded, Crimson Pearl won the trophy for "Best Paint". Not bad in a tough crowd!

Attachments

• Northdale BC.jpg
    Northdale BC.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 268
Went to a Mustang sponsored all makes show yesterday, taking the GT500 & the XLR-V. They had a burn out contest, and the winner won a couple of hundred dollars. If you ever consider doing this, here’s what the winner’s tires looked like (he had an extra set that he used just for the burn out). :ugh:

Attachments

• 4D812DDE-F796-49B0-97F4-0984498E0E06.jpeg
    4D812DDE-F796-49B0-97F4-0984498E0E06.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 244
I replaced one of mine and it's cheap. Don't let the dealer sell you a whole new kit.
John F.
Well sorry for being gone from this site for awhile. I’ve had some health issues I needed to get straightened out. So here’s the problem that was solved. First the parts guy ordered the wrong part. So I ended up returning and got the right one ordered. I went to a site that sells paint for our cars. Had my service guy paint the part for me (on his own time). Then he said it looked dul. So after I was feeling a little better I ordered the clear coat. Yes I should’ve ordered the clear the same time. Back to the story. The service guy added about 3 coats of the paint and let it cure for awhile. He told me that he was going on vacation for a couple weeks so I went and picked the part and paint up. Then after he returned I had the clear coat at my place. I ran the car and part with clear coat to him. He put on about 4 coats of the clear. It looks good but someone said it looks a shade darker. It looks better now that the part is back on instead of the nosel just bare. He ended up gluing the part in place instead of having to take the bumper off and then they would charge me a couple hundred plus shop time to do it the correct way. So the only thing they said was not to wash the car for a couple days. The service guy ended up keeping the car overnight so the bonding time would be longer. The only thing is it still could come off so I’m taking it easy with the car and praying 🙏🏼 that it stays in place.

I’ve been toying with a thought I’ve had for awhile. I’ve seen ads for and also I’ve seen neighbors vehicles have these in them too. The idea I’ve been toying with however is adding a dash cam in the xlr. I’ve seen several inexpensive but reputable dash cams floating around the web. I’ve made a mental list of pros and cons of using these. But the cons would outweigh the pros. The one con would be having to put the top up when parked at the store or where ever I may be parked. The pros would be video reference and being able to see other cool rides going down the road.
Again This is just something I’ve been pondering with. I’ve seen one that is through a reputable company called anker. I have some of their usb chargers and multiport plugs and battery extenders for cell and kindle

fae0f9348c98f710b224d1d07b26355c.png
My question is does anyone here on the forum have dash cams for their rides (xlr or not) and if so how do you like them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dash Cam

I've been using Dash Cams in a few of my cars for sometime. I've had an accident or two, with no witnesses - dash cam would have shown the person who hit me, went through a red light. I don't put my top up, just my windows - if i won't be long. I totally recommend them. I can't see a downside to them. Just my opinion. 😎

I’ve been toying with a thought I’ve had for awhile. I’ve seen ads for and also I’ve seen neighbors vehicles have these in them too. The idea I’ve been toying with however is adding a dash cam in the xlr. I’ve seen several inexpensive but reputable dash cams floating around the web. I’ve made a mental list of pros and cons of using these. But the cons would outweigh the pros. The one con would be having to put the top up when parked at the store or where ever I may be parked. The pros would be video reference and being able to see other cool rides going down the road.
Again This is just something I’ve been pondering with. I’ve seen one that is through a reputable company called anker. I have some of their usb chargers and multiport plugs and battery extenders for cell and kindle

fae0f9348c98f710b224d1d07b26355c.png
My question is does anyone here on the forum have dash cams for their rides (xlr or not) and if so how do you like them

I’ve thought about one too, and I wouldn’t mind at all if I could purchase one with a back up camera too. Like Dave mentioned.... we normally just put the side windows up, someone would literary have to climb up over the back of the car to get in, and with a WindRestrictor on it makes even more complicated!

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Dan I found this but it’s like 3x the price and not as slim as the other one.
00874388462d2bb1263a161fe10c63d4.png

Or I found this other one but you’d have to change out roxys mirror
c61e4426b5657b2faf7a23b902417167.png

KEY FOB HELP Please

I thought it would be nice to have a place to share what is going on in everyone's daily life, boring or exciting. :)

4/22/10

The weather is awesome here today, couldn't ask for it to be any nicer.:cool: Jeanie and Zoey stopped by here @ work to say hi, it's always nice to see them both.:D I'm trying to get caught up on my work so I can get to Chicago Dave's XLR tomorrow. Have a great day.:wave:

PUT BATTERY IN KEY FOB NOW WINDOW WONT WORK AND CAR WONT START . PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP

Well I’m back at the dealer. Last sat had a low coolant message. Went and had the coolant added. Now Thursday I’m back with the same problem
e41d22af53dce83bbacc3098de102d11.jpg

So [emoji1374] it’s something simple to fix. Luckily it’s Thursday and have plenty of time to have a part rushed.
On another side though the weather was great. Little clouds rain chance 40% in areas. Had the top down going to get blood work. Lunch and then pick up my dog. He stretches out and always hits my traction control to the off position

Well I’m back at the dealer. Last sat had a low coolant message. Went and had the coolant added. Now Thursday I’m back with the same problem
e41d22af53dce83bbacc3098de102d11.jpg

So [emoji1374] it’s something simple to fix. Luckily it’s Thursday and have plenty of time to have a part rushed.
On another side though the weather was great. Little clouds rain chance 40% in areas. Had the top down going to get blood work. Lunch and then pick up my dog. He stretches out and always hits my traction control to the off position

Well got dropped off because the service guy has to do a pressure test on the radiator. Looked in the garage and this is what my baby left me
99f876cc85a5e3aa8bd1605ed1569759.jpg
. I just hope it’s no a big expense but I think it will be

PUT BATTERY IN KEY FOB NOW WINDOW WONT WORK AND CAR WONT START . PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP

Check battery to see if it’s got current, make sure battery is not in upside down, if battery is weak you try putting FOB in slot in glove box compartment of left side. Hope this helps!

Well got dropped off because the service guy has to do a pressure test on the radiator. Looked in the garage and this is what my baby left me
99f876cc85a5e3aa8bd1605ed1569759.jpg
. I just hope it’s no a big expense but I think it will be

Hopefully it’s not a water pump, but they normally leave a big puddle, unless it’s just starting to leak! [emoji849] Good Luck

Hopefully it’s not a water pump, but they normally leave a big puddle, unless it’s just starting to leak! [emoji849] Good Luck

Service guy called me back. Ugg not expecting but had a feeling. Said they did a pressure test and the fluid was just pouring out. Probably a hairline fracture but he recommended a flush because he could see crusting around some major artery areas. (Yes I’m talking medical terms because I consider this my baby [emoji23] ) The total price is heartbreaking. $1,900.00. [emoji20] well I do feel a little lighter anyway. Maybe because I did get my blood checked earlier in the day. [emoji384]✈️away

Service guy called me back. Ugg not expecting but had a feeling. Said they did a pressure test and the fluid was just pouring out. Probably a hairline fracture but he recommended a flush because he could see crusting around some major artery areas. (Yes I’m talking medical terms because I consider this my baby [emoji23] ) The total price is heartbreaking. $1,900.00. [emoji20] well I do feel a little lighter anyway. Maybe because I did get my blood checked earlier in the day. [emoji384]✈️away

Pouring out of where?

Theme for this week in BG!

Attachments

• D4E3EC45-FC81-41E0-BCF9-E6B09AB9B0AE.jpg
    D4E3EC45-FC81-41E0-BCF9-E6B09AB9B0AE.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 205

I experienced the same low coolant message numerous times driving from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. I checked water in Barstow, added less than a gallon because there was some leakage below what I presumed was the water pump. I headed up the I15 with hopes of no problems. The pucker factor was high going up 16 mile grade at Baker, encoutered no problems i.e. low coolant message until I was on 215 going toward N. Las Vegas. As we were traveling on Sunday all repair shops were closed.
Monday morning I got it into the local Cadillac Dealer, they were booked solid, so when he got around to it, they determined that it was a cracked radiator. Had that replaced for $1,400. On the way back to the hotel I noticed water temp was running over 220 after less than 5 miles of travel. Took the car back to dealer, they diagnosed a bad fan module which was replaced for $500. So total cost was $1,900. Go figure.

I experienced the same low coolant message numerous times driving from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. I checked water in Barstow, added less than a gallon because there was some leakage below what I presumed was the water pump. I headed up the I15 with hopes of no problems. The pucker factor was high going up 16 mile grade at Baker, encoutered no problems i.e. low coolant message until I was on 215 going toward N. Las Vegas. As we were traveling on Sunday all repair shops were closed.
Monday morning I got it into the local Cadillac Dealer, they were booked solid, so when he got around to it, they determined that it was a cracked radiator. Had that replaced for $1,400. On the way back to the hotel I noticed water temp was running over 220 after less than 5 miles of travel. Took the car back to dealer, they diagnosed a bad fan module which was replaced for $500. So total cost was $1,900. Go figure.

Yep that’s exactly what happened to me. Ended up. hairline crack in radiator same price as you said. 1,900. But they also flushed system and replaced seal.

Last edited:
So the joke’s on me... took my car in for inspection and as soon as I left I got rear ended while stopped at the very first stop light. :mad::mad::mad: :bawling::bawling: Other driver pulled out of a fast food place behind me after I passed by (I was watching the vehicle to be sure it didn’t pull out right in front of me) & said he never saw me. Yes I was HOT!

Still assessing damage but the 3d brake light is toast & there’s some chips & scratches. Very, very fortunately the other brake lights weren’t hit, as the third light is available. Hard to see the red on red but the wreath & crest took the hit & the rest cracked.

Attachments

• B41D2D29-9F0B-4DA8-AC83-EF20450FDA42.jpg
    B41D2D29-9F0B-4DA8-AC83-EF20450FDA42.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 216

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics