Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Have one other question. Kind of important. But the last couple times that I drove with the ac on. Then pulled into the garage and turned the car off, I've noticed that the fan was still on seconds after the engine was off. Is this normal for our cars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed while "burping" my coolant system which caused the temperature to get higher than normal that my fan does run for a short time after the engine is shut off if the temperature is high.

You are talking car temp not outside air temp right :lol:

:lol: I figured you were talking abt car temp. Thanks for the quick response

Went to put the top up after taking a run to the store. Then when I pulled into the driveway. I put the roof up then pulled the car in the garage. Went to open trunk to get the groceries out and wamo. The trunk got stuck. Oh my I thought not again. But after a couple seconds it opened up. After I looked closely at the tonneau cover or 3/4 trunk. I think I saw that it's to far over to the left. But when the whole trunk closes everything goes back into place, somewhat. So in the next couple days I'm going to take her into the dealer to see if my predictions are correct. Also will have them check on the leak issue
3uhujape.jpg
. I recently have put a flattened cardboard box in the area. So I can keep a eye out to see if the spot get larger or moves to a different area. I noticed from a car fax report that the other owner had to replace some gaskets but don't know which ones they replaced.
zevatujy.jpg
qu6edy4y.jpg

Last edited:
Put the XLR's in a show today sponsored by the oldest local Corvette club. Met a lot of good folks, including a guy who had been a Caddy mechanic for 44 years & hung out with us quite a bit with lots of great stories.

Neatest part was we'd hardly parked the cars when a guy came down & started talking to us, told us he saw us come in & basically chased us down to where we parked, had test driven XLR's when they first came out & loved them. Ended up asking how come he never got one - turns out he's the car review guy for the local paper (& has just switched to a local TV station)! He drove a Bentley to the show, as a tester.

Anyway, out of all the cars he's had available over the years, he still really, really wants a XLR most of all. Enjoyed meeting him as I've always loved his description of most cars made today as nothing more than boring appliances - which I agree!

Tell me I'm wrong but in this video isn't this a black xlr. Look closely around the 6:20 mark
Corvette Girls - YouTube

Last edited:
Ok well I knew it was at some point

Custom Home Surprise

I was watching a show yesterday about custom high-priced homes. (Well, I can dream, no?) They featured a home in the hills around San Diego that had been built to rotate continuously to give every room a great view. This intrigued me since it would have to address some daunting problems; e.g., water, natural gas, sewage, electricity, etc. Toward the end of the segment, after they had shown about everything else neat in the home, they covered the garage area. Yup, a blue XLR has its own room in the house. Originally, the owner wanted to include an 8-car garage segment, but opted to put in a nice game room instead. Still had to have his baby in the home, yano.

If you see one of these shows, keep an eye out for the rotating home. His license plate? ROT8HOM

:blinzel:

Tim

I started watching that show. I guess I should've stuck till the end

OH!!! There's cars in there!!! :lol:

Yep that's why I had to watch about 3-5 x. Then I realized there were cars

I was watching a show yesterday about custom high-priced homes. (Well, I can dream, no?) They featured a home in the hills around San Diego that had been built to rotate continuously to give every room a great view. This intrigued me since it would have to address some daunting problems; e.g., water, natural gas, sewage, electricity, etc. Toward the end of the segment, after they had shown about everything else neat in the home, they covered the garage area. Yup, a blue XLR has its own room in the house. Originally, the owner wanted to include an 8-car garage segment, but opted to put in a nice game room instead. Still had to have his baby in the home, yano.

If you see one of these shows, keep an eye out for the rotating home. His license plate? ROT8HOM

:blinzel:

Tim

I saw the show also. They've played it many times. The show is called epic homes and WOW. The money some have is baffling. The fella invented the whole system for the revolving infrastructure. He received acouple patents on it. He went with the game room as you mentioned,but did you see how he pulls the car in and then turns it around on a turntable then drives out. Great show and he obviously has good taste. Color too:cool:

I am pouting

Absolutely beautiful day, mix of sun & cloud, warm, a bit on the humid side but not too sticky: Perfect XLR Day :wave: What a lucky lady I am: retired young, decent income, 3 beautiful grandkids and all I can think about is the XLR sitting in the garage plugged into its Battery Tender as I am 'grounded' by my knee surgery. (no driving for a few weeks yet :( )

I am not looking for your sympathy, just your vow to get out there and drive your XLR like it was meant to be driven :burnout:

On the bright side: my recovery is going well and my grandson (nearly 10 months old) is on his way with his mom to visit Granny! :)

Well here in fl. 93 feel like 103. Lucky for me the car is at the shop having her 30 k checkup. Also some can rings replaced. So she is staying cool. But wish I had her here at her home where I know she's safe.

"can rings"

Which dealer has the car, Hawkeye?

Rusty

Well here in fl. 93 feel like 103. Lucky for me the car is at the shop having her 30 k checkup. Also some can rings replaced. So she is staying cool. But wish I had her here at her home where I know she's safe.

Fields. Here in st augustine. At the outlet

Interesting interview with Tadge Juechter, lead engineer on the new 7th Gen Corvette. There won't be any future XLR's based on the C7 according to Tadge. Good interview with a lot of information about what went into the design on the new Vette. Comments about the Magnetic Ride Control.

C7 Corvette won't spawn new Cadillac XLR [w/video] - Autoblog

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry