Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Daily Chat

Just saw a show on "Extreme Collectors" about a guy in London, Ontario who has a fantastic Cadillac collection (no XLR's though). Has a really nice display set-up & they were appraised at $12.5 million (think he had 72 cars). Missed his name but boy would it be a cool XLR trip to try to go visit that collection!

I just saw that show. Yes he had some cool cars. He had one that he has 1 million in work done. Or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well with winter just around the corner we finally bought a replacement winter vehicle this year! Found a great bargain on 05 escape AWD! So we will be putting Roxy in particle storage for the winter months! I still plan on going there and taking her out for spin when weather permits on weekends! So I guess I'm looking for a storage plan! I'm planning to store her at my moms garage, my biggest concern is mice?? I had just read on the internet last night that a guy has been using Fabric Softener Sheets from the Dollar Store for years! He claims they don't like the smell! He just lays them around inside the car, in trunk, on the motor and in the tailpipe! I know about the battery maintainer So what's your other regular winter storage procedure's you would recommend from you who live where you also have winters that you put your baby in storage?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I think someone here chimed in on my request too. They said run the car till the tank is on empty or around that area. Then top up the tank with the right fuel. Also fill the tires up with air a little more then recommended.
I have a battery maintainer/tender. But I was planing on getting garage tiles to put under the tires. So they won't stick. Since I don't have any jack stands or lift system.

We were going to put the cars in a LaSalle/Cadillac show this weekend but the weather isn't cooperating. :squint: So much rain this year we've only been to 2 shows, & that was in the spring. At least they're pretty & clean!

Just got back from a hudge car show. 300-500 cars, boats, campers, bikes all on display. There were over 3000 ppl in attendance. So the place was packed. Here is a couple pics from the show
e8ac3fc68e996ceab5fb63b99253a079.jpg
f005f5efd56d2fed41997ad006361ae4.jpg
2b664d3deaed4f36514ee8d42603e80f.jpg
8791e945a59e3caf9f2cb922d83fd55d.jpg
7194ed07ebb40393c21d60b323e87ea8.jpg
5f6283f30f81fb705872938c26c92d5c.jpg
8d4b0da7eea60c7d3669eddea2c48b3f.jpg
e6466b8804535bdf496af759aacac214.jpg
46da2a7154433a5c4bd4df4290965118.jpg
e67cb7c3679b3300bf5b9849d6c24d5b.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a good show. But we will be in North Chicago area for baptism of our newest Grandbaby that weekend. Tiffany hates missing these get together's with good friends.

But,OMG .... have someone bring Missy Bling back a bottle of that awesome Concord .... Congratulations on the new one .... boy, you guys sure are getting a collection of grandkids .... Get with Cubby and talk VEGAS, BABY, VEGAS!!! XXOO

Vegas in early December sounds perfect!! I think I know a certain someone who has a December birthday (Quinn) who may be up for celebrating this year coming to an end and starting the next year on a positive note!!

...........................................VEGAS, BABY, VEGAS!!! XXOO

Vegas in early December sounds perfect!! I think I know a certain someone who has a December birthday (Quinn) who may be up for celebrating this year coming to an end and starting the next year on a positive note!!

Perfect weather in Las Vegas early December! And just what we could all use to end this hectic year and gear up for the exhausting holidays! We can do this! :thumbsup :party

cool light strip or fog light replacement

Saw this on a site. Looks like they added this in replacement of the fog lights. :dunno:the beam of light is right in the area of the acc radar. kinda looks cool in away
FullSizeRender.jpg

Saw this on a site. Looks like they added this in replacement of the fog lights. :dunno:the beam of light is right in the area of the acc radar. kinda looks cool in away
View attachment 4587

That's PAK XLR8's car - forum member. Check his garage, that's where the picture is from.

I attended a local cruise in tonight. I saw this beauty.
4220dd25274812d079478389a3074697.jpg
1fa831abc6a7e9fcebe1f22b2740c7b6.jpg

New phone cover Mike got me - almost matches our cars on my screen saver!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 182
Where, where , can I get one?

What a nice guy: he's a keeper! :) Can I assume it was custom made and is an actual photo of your cars?

What a nice guy: he's a keeper! :) Can I assume it was custom made and is an actual photo of your cars?

I agree I'm not letting him go anywhere! :D It is not custom but is a pic of a pair of black & red '09's - so it would match YOUR car exactly!

I agree I'm not letting him go anywhere! :D It is not custom but is a pic of a pair of black & red '09's - so it would match YOUR car exactly!

Duh, didn't notice they were '09's

Just ordered one for myself.

One of our FB XLR friends had this happen to his XLR by his dealership mechanic after a repair was done and was test driving it I guess! That's the way I read it anyways!

b087870a07879c78238ccd99e324ecc2.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

So sad [emoji24] it's terrible. I hope he gets it fixed. But I think he told Facebook post that he wants something else

Last edited:
One of our FB XLR friends had this happen to his XLR by his dealership mechanic after a repair was done and was test driving it I guess! That's the way I read it anyways!

b087870a07879c78238ccd99e324ecc2.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

WOW!!! Wonder if that mechanic is still employed. From my collision repair background, this is one repair I wouldn't attempt. Looks like the left side is pushed so far over to the right that it had to screw up the rear end as well. It goes without saying that if the rear portion of the car is tweaked in ANY way, the car would be scrap... IMHO anyway.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom