Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Detroit trip August '09

My bowling shirt is ready and I'm planning to arrive around 3 pm, also.
Bruce, is there anything else special we need to take with us? You mentioned that we would be doing a lot of walking.

Bring a chair (to sit in as we watch the cars cruise by) a cooler (for beverages and/or snacks - it's supposed to be warm). If we "camp out" where we did last year, thre is a grocery store nearby.

We did walk a bit last year. There were LOTS of cool cars parked near us and along the route; everything from Cobras to Rolls Royces to that old Chrysler Imperial with the GIANT hood and front end that were stamped out of 1 piece of steel!

I hope we see that cool old car with the flames shooting out of it!!!!

PS I'm up, past my bedtime, waiting for my neighbor to return with my Acura MDX. She needed it to cart her dogs and their kennels to the dogsitters, since she's flying to Seattle tomorrow AM to help a friend drive from there to Shreveport, LA! She was lamenting the 2000+ mile road trip while I was yearning for it.... though thy'll be doing it in some sort of generic Toyota....

Ahhhh, here she is!!!!

IMG_0387.jpg

That is neat Homegrown. What time is it there? It is 9:27 here.

I don't know where we will park at this year, Ron says he knows of a good place, we'll just have to wait and see. We won't be up until late, 11:00 pm. Hopefully you guys can hook up with Eddie who should already be up there. Drive safe.:wave:

Have fun you guys!

I told Bruce he needs to speak to the Dream Cruise folks and make sure that they don't have it on the same weekend as the ALMS race next year! We really want to do both! DDavid and I and D2David and "Dannica" are heading to Elkhart Road America in an hour or so.

Looking forward to seeing the new GT2 Corvettes. Kathy - I'll try to take some good photos, but I might just need to buy some postcards instead.:rolleyes: Can't compete at your level. (BTW, the pics from OK City were really moving and amazing - thanks for sharing those.)

DD and H2 are doing the one day driving program at the track on Monday (so we've been calling Hannah "Dannica" all week). D2 had their helmets painted to match their cars and everything! We'll let you know how that goes, I think it's a cool father/daughter thing for them to do. H2 should do OK, she's got the need for speed(ing tickets). We'll see how her turbo Jetta GLI stacks up against Dad's C6. :lol: Of course, she's got the younger reaction time on her side, while he's got the old hot rod experience.

Cubby - I bet there's still time to sign up!

Anyway, have a great time you guys. We'll miss ya!
~Q

Have fun you guys. Sorry we are going to miss it again. :ugh:

Cubby - I bet there's still time to sign up!~Q

Wish I could get up there for it. Would love to get Scarlett-V out and see how she purrs!!! Make sure you take lots of pics to show off. Maybe next year--too many things to do, so little time!!

Have fun everyone--we'll be drinking with our firemen friends this weekend :drool::beerchug:

We will be thinking of you, this was another one of Marc and I's fav 5's of our trips! Enjoy! I will never forget Larry walking down the street with his cooler! OMG too funny! :D Will miss ya's! Next year.:wave:

Wish I could get up there for it. Would love to get Scarlett-V out and see how she purrs!!! Make sure you take lots of pics to show off. Maybe next year--too many things to do, so little time!!

Have fun everyone--we'll be drinking with our firemen friends this weekend :drool::beerchug:

We will be thinking of you, this was another one of Marc and I's fav 5's of our trips! Enjoy! I will never forget Larry walking down the street with his cooler! OMG too funny! :D Will miss ya's! Next year.:wave:
And who will hold the pizza box up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe we can get George to do it.
Funny thing Bruce I was thinking the exact same thing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:I know he will be giving us a review of the chicken nuggets from Detroit. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I talked to some of the MMs today in Detroit. They are having fun and they are good. They have stories for us when they get back. I don't want to tell them I'll save it for my buddies to tell you. Homegrown has had a very interesting trip and he has a story for us when he gets back. They wanted me to let everyone they are fine. :D

Some people get bugs in their grilles - I got a motorcycle.

A drunk kid with no motorcycle license OR learners permit OR riding experience couldn't stop his buddies new bike he was riding. It got wedged between my car and this Jeep.
IMG_0220.jpg

Misty took the hit well; the side fender is scratched but not broken. The front fascia did crack. I hope I can get a new one rather than get a cheesy repair.... :(

We had a great day otherwise - we spent the morning at Katech, where they build race engines. What a fascinating trip! We can't post pictures due to the secrecy of their work, but we saw everything!!

Of course, the Dream Cruise was filled with MANY great cars! I'll post more pictures of them soon. We also met up with Eddie (estang) and his wife Scarlett, and Mike and Diana. They drove their MINT old Corvette up to Detroit. We arrived back at the hotel tired from our great day!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom