Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Detroit trip August '09

Oh, Rich .... that picture just makes me sick. :bawling::bawling: Makes me just want to slap the cr*p outta that kid. I'll stop.

I missed both of my calls today ... no driving and talking on cell phones here ... but I knew you guys were having a great time and boy, do I wish we were able to go to the Dream Cruise too. I guess things work out the way they do for a reason though ...:squint:
Maybe next year. Keep the pictures coming - I love them.
This weekend was the Concours too ... Mswaim should be reporting in if he is able to make it. I can't believe what timing the Detail Guy has .. :( .... well, like I said, maybe next year!
Have fun you guys! :love:

Very sorry to see Misty's run-in. :(

Although I'm sure she'll soon be as good as new!

Floyd (BB)

Rich, I am so sorry for Misty and for you. You got a good picture of the license plate, hope you called the police and made a report and got his insurance information. They should have to pay for everything to make Misty well and whole again. With the license plate number your insurance company should go after theirs.

So sorry about your car. You will have Misty back in good shape in no time. The pictures were fantastic.

Fred

Did he get a ticket or go to jail for being drunk? Who lets someone get on a bike that has never riden one? What an idiot. I would had to be bailed out of jail if I would have been with you guys. You can't stop so you opt to run in to Misty. Geez:(

Pictures of '09 Dream Cruise

WoodwardCruise09257.jpg

WoodwardCruise09341.jpg

WoodwardCruise09456.jpg

WoodwardCruise09818.jpg

WoodwardCruise09891.jpg

WoodwardCruise09866.jpg

WoodwardCruise09862.jpg

WoodwardCruise09847.jpg

WoodwardCruise09822.jpg

WoodwardCruise09824.jpg

WoodwardCruise09859.jpg

WoodwardCruise09860.jpg

WoodwardCruise09947.jpg

WoodwardCruise09815.jpg

Pretty nice pictures .... thanks for taking, sorting and posting them! This is one event that I really hope we get to do ... it's like a "Bucket List" item ...

They just showed the 1224 lb cupcake that was at the Dream Cruise on our local TV station .... hah, now what do you think of that? The cupcake got coverage and the event didn't. Boo ...media. Well, but they did say that the proceeds from the cupcake went to breast cancer research, so, I guess I need to be more tolerant. I'll just have to depend on you to feed my curiousity... Thanks again.
Got more pics????

Did he get a ticket or go to jail for being drunk? Who lets someone get on a bike that has never riden one? What an idiot. I would had to be bailed out of jail if I would have been with you guys. You can't stop so you opt to run in to Misty. Geez:(

We did call the police; they gave me a case number and allowed me to leave. I don't think the kid got cited for anything, since it happened on private property. I should send photos to the driver's Mom and Dad..... but I'm guessing they wouldn't care anyway....:(

But on a happier note..... THANK YOU to Bruce and Kathy for the usual! All the organization, hotel scouting, photo ops, tours (THANK YOU Ron & Katech!), fun, and laughter!!!

It was great to see George, Jeannie, Eddie & Scarlett and Mike and Diana. Keith was a fun addition to our ragtag group as well!

THANK YOU!

Another great Dream Cruise!

It was another fun cruise and it was great to see our friends. Like Rich said we enjoyed our tour of Katech. The Cruise is something all car lovers should experience. There are sooo many cool cars that just roll by, what a party.

Great Pics you guys had to have a blast at this. Wish I could have been there with you. :wave:

Fred

More pics of Woodward Dream Cruise

Here are a few I took.

Woodward Dream Cruise

last but not least... there are so many :dunno:

We did call the police; they gave me a case number and allowed me to leave. I don't think the kid got cited for anything, since it happened on private property. I should send photos to the driver's Mom and Dad..... but I'm guessing they wouldn't care anyway....:(
In California the kid would have been sitting in juvenile hall about now. Underage drinking anywhere is never tolerated ... and, the parents, well, they might not care that he was drinking/driving/underage, etc., etc., ... but what might get their attention is when your insurance company goes after them for payment:eek: and they have to answer to the juvenile court judge for his actions :slap:. The only good thing that came out of this is that he lucked out, hit a car and not a person, and no one got hurt. Including him. If this isn't his first and final wake-up call, God help us.
In addition .... it still makes me sick to see that motorcycle wedged in like that .... :willy_nilly:

Great pictures George and Rich, thanks for posting them. Maybe we can do it again next year.:rocker:

Awesome Pics you guys!;) Nice first picture Rich, Poor Misty!!! That stinks, sorry that happened! :(

Once again great pictures all of you guys.
Rich if that happen in Illinois wether private property or not that kid would have been going to jail. He was underage drinking. The police by us break up underage drinking parties all the time and they are in people's house. They go to jail. :(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom