Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

DIC Codes

boydavid

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black Base
My 2007 revealed two codes: 0442 and 0455 which I guess are evap leaks. I replaced the gas cap to see if that does the trick. My question is if we assume the gas cap is the fix, will the codes disappear because of the fix or do they also need to be cleared with the Tech 2 to get rid of the light?
Thanks.

My 2007 revealed two codes: 0442 and 0455 which I guess are evap leaks. I replaced the gas cap to see if that does the trick. My question is if we assume the gas cap is the fix, will the codes disappear because of the fix or do they also need to be cleared with the Tech 2 to get rid of the light?
Thanks.

More than likely you can go to Autozone to read the codes and they will usually clear them. If something is still wrong, the car will throw the code(s) again
Before I got my TechII, I used an app on my phone called "Torque". Among other things it will pull codes if any and will give you the option of clearing them

If it was the gas cap and you installed a new one, it should clear after a few ignition cycles on its own.

CC :wave:

If it was the gas cap and you installed a new one, it should clear after a few ignition cycles on its own.

CC :wave:

Thanks CC. I had them cleared but was wondering if that was necessary. I'm thinking I better call the dealer to see about the recent "gas leak" recall bulletin that was posted on this site. Sounds like that may be causing the light if not the fuel cap. Appreciate your help.

More than likely you can go to Autozone to read the codes and they will usually clear them. If something is still wrong, the car will throw the code(s) again
Before I got my TechII, I used an app on my phone called "Torque". Among other things it will pull codes if any and will give you the option of clearing them

Good to know. Thank you!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back