Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ducks on Crest

First Robin

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.
Had a lady ask me Tuesday night when Cadillac stopped putting the Ducks on the Crest. Her son is in the Marines and has an old Cadillac Hearse, I guess he is trying to find out. Anyone here know the answer? Thanks, First Robin:patriot:

That would be 2000 when the crest was redesigned. The new crest didn't appear on all Cadillacs until 2001.

Bruce :)

You are correct bruce, for caddy in general, however the professional cars ie limo/hearse had the ducks appearing through some 2002 models.....must be where they dumped the dead overstock...lol

You are correct bruce, for caddy in general, however the professional cars ie limo/hearse had the ducks appearing through some 2002 models.....must be where they dumped the dead overstock...lol

:pat::pat::(:(:laugh::laugh:

Rod aka mtrocket

These are not "ducks" they are cunards..:squint:

C O

Cunard? I thought that was the shipline I sail on, you know the Q E 2 and the Queen Victoria. Doubt you can eat them Ruthie, you will have to stick with Turkey for Thanksgiving.:laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin:wave:

Cunard? I thought that was the shipline I sail on, you know the Q E 2 and the Queen Victoria. Doubt you can eat them Ruthie, you will have to stick with Turkey for Thanksgiving.:laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin:wave:

Ok....let's call them Merlettes. Not to be confused with Merlot, but close in proximity.:D

C O

Ok....let's call them Merlettes. Not to be confused with Merlot, but close in proximity.:D
C O

They could also be referred to as Merganzer which would be like the Bronze in my dining room, sculpted by the famous Sculptor,Carl Wagner, which I can only look at and admire, not eat. Carl is a very good friend of mine. However in the meantime I think we should just call them Ducks.:blinzel: First Robin:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:wave:

They could also be referred to as Merganzer which would be like the Bronze in my dining room, sculpted by the famous Sculptor,Carl Wagner, which I can only look at and admire, not eat. Carl is a very good friend of mine. However in the meantime I think we should just call them Ducks.:blinzel: First Robin:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle:wave:

HEY....I've got one of those.....

What do you think?

C.O.

BTW goes good next to the Remington. Frederick Remington that is.:laugh:

Not in to Wagner; however Doris is an avid Erte collector. None of his bronzes look like ducks, although there are alot of boobies!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Get it; breast meat!!!!! :laugh: I know, I'm going to H@ll for that one!

It's also the small wing on the nose of some jet planes. Duck, hence wing, hence Cunard. How did we get into ducks. I've never even seen one on as a hood ornament.
Speaking of: We de-chrome our cars back in the 60's, take the stupid birds and rockets off the hood push button door locks and electric trunk buttons and the auto industry follows our lead. But ask them leave the gills off the fenders and they ignore us. :pat:[First Robin;5161]Cunard? I thought that was the shipline I sail on, you know the Q E 2 and the Queen Victoria. Doubt you can eat them Ruthie, you will have to stick with Turkey for Thanksgiving.:laugh::laugh::laugh:First Robin:wave:[/quote]

Not to confuse this issue anymore but I thought "Cunard" was the mispelled French word "Canard" which means duck...! :chuckle

SilverX

Researchers say they are three pairs of legless hen blackbirds aka Martins. And all I asked was when were they taken off the Crest. :chuckle:chuckle:chuckleFirst Robin

Well we know someone knows how to use Wikipedia, and your right Canard is a duck and is also a small wing on front of an aircraft for stability. WOW, poor Robin just asked a simple question and we get out the encyclopedia's. Maye those birds are Turkey's with no feet.:blinzel:
Not to confuse this issue anymore but I thought "Cunard" was the mispelled French word "Canard" which means duck...! :chuckle

SilverX

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back