Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Emergency ( manual) top operation

I doubt they will be able to supply it, it hasn't been available for a few years now. You can probably go to your local auto parts store and get the two tools needed cheaper anyway.

I agree. Just the price alone doesn't make sense so an auto parts store would be the best choice. :cool:

Is this the tool?

32635_.jpg

This little bit of maintenance got lost in the trunk drain plug check, but I would like to re emphasize the point. This little bugger is hard to find the first time. And having dealt with a clogged one, its extremely important for AC users (I usually don't, much to PJ's chagrin). Now I have the Super Chiller and the AC is run almost all the time, so I check it often after my first incident. :banghead:
Not to hijack this thread, but do you have a picture of this.

The first photo shows what you'll see from underneath when you're in the basic area. Look up, further into the passenger's side foot well, and you'll see the little L-shaped drain tube (highlighted with my flashlight and the cheesy arrow- it's actually black). It really does drain right on top of the exhaust pipe!

Photo 2.jpgphoto 1.JPG

The first photo shows what you'll see from underneath when you're in the basic area. Look up, further into the passenger's side foot well, and you'll see the little L-shaped drain tube (highlighted with my flashlight and the cheesy arrow- it's actually black). It really does drain right on top of the exhaust pipe!

View attachment 2902View attachment 2903

I blew out XLRATING's XLR Beauty and Victor-V today so I think we are ready for summer. Everything was draining great. :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom