Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Faulty door handle

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
In addition to an XLR, we own an Escalade that has been handled with 'kid gloves' ..... when the door handle became loose we were more than a little shock as we are two 'seniors' and the doors are not used excessivly .... my daughter, who has a GMC product told us that was the exact problem she was having with her Suburban .... suspicious, I looked on line and saw that indeed door handles for 2007 vehicles built by GMC were not uncommon. I have contacted Cadillac Customer Service and will be contacting our dealership this afternoon ... it seems as though decisions on replace/repair are pretty descretionary .... I will let you all know how this turns out ..... I'd like to think that Cadillac would stand behind this issue .... at least until the car is paid for :pat: :lol::lol:

In addition to an XLR, we own an Escalade that has been handled with 'kid gloves' ..... when the door handle became loose we were more than a little shock as we are two 'seniors' and the doors are not used excessivly .... my daughter, who has a GMC product told us that was the exact problem she was having with her Suburban .... suspicious, I looked on line and saw that indeed door handles for 2007 vehicles built by GMC were not uncommon. I have contacted Cadillac Customer Service and will be contacting our dealership this afternoon ... it seems as though decisions on replace/repair are pretty descretionary .... I will let you all know how this turns out ..... I'd like to think that Cadillac would stand behind this issue .... at least until the car is paid for :pat: :lol::lol:

Thanks for posting!

We would certainly appreciate any updates you can provide on this situation. Looking forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks for posting!

We would certainly appreciate any updates you can provide on this situation. Looking forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks, William. We have an appointment to take it in on Thursday .... for an oil change as well .... I have had more than a pretty good relationship with DeLaFuente Cadillac - I think they will do the right thing. I did send an email to your forum-listed address as well - 'hope you will give them kudos ... especially Steve, who always works with us, be it the XLR or the Escalade.

Thanks, William. We have an appointment to take it in on Thursday .... for an oil change as well .... I have had more than a pretty good relationship with DeLaFuente Cadillac - I think they will do the right thing. I did send an email to your forum-listed address as well - 'hope you will give them kudos ... especially Steve, who always works with us, be it the XLR or the Escalade.

That's awesome!

We definitely appreciate the positive working relationship you have established with DeLaFuente Cadillac. I am sure they will see to it that everything is handled properly. Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Appreciate it,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry