Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Garage door opener problem

Mom doesn't have Nav just Onstar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I read somewhere to deprogrammed the home link when selling/trading in. Thought that you would just press button till it blinks. But not sure.

To clear a Homelink system press and hold buttons 1 and 3 until the LEDs flash. This same method works for the Car2U systems as well.

Thanks. I just did that. And then I rechecked to make sure garage didn't open. It didn't so I'm happy. Unfortunately my mom will no longer be a caddy owner. She's going back to the Honda odyssey.

Thanks. I just did that. And then I rechecked to make sure garage didn't open. It didn't so I'm happy. Unfortunately my mom will no longer be a caddy owner. She's going back to the Honda odyssey.

"She's going back to the Honda odyssey.":rolleyes: MORE USDs GOING TO A FOREIGN ECONOMY!:mad:

I know. But her live in partner has a walker. So when you put that in the srx there is no room for anything else. If 4 people are traveling.
😞😭

WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICAN BUILT FORDS???

Honda Odysseye is built in Alabama, USA - even exported to 3 or 4 other countries. I'm sure the people of Alabama appreciate your mom buying an Odysseye. :cool:

I'm with Jack on this one. It doesn't matter to me if there is a Honda, Toyota, Nissan plant here in the U.S. building the cars. The profits still leave the country and go back to Japan, Korea etc. Not flaming, just my opinion!

Honda Odysseye is built in Alabama, USA - even exported to 3 or 4 other countries. I'm sure the people of Alabama appreciate your mom buying an Odysseye. :cool:

I'm with Jack on this one. It doesn't matter to me if there is a Honda, Toyota, Nissan plant here in the U.S. building the cars. The profits still leave the country and go back to Japan, Korea etc. Not flaming, just my opinion!

I agree with you, Cubby - I wasn't implying that its the same "american built". I have always owned AMERICAN cars - generally GM's (admitting, I don't always look to see where the car is "manufactured"). Its nice to know the XLR is all American. :)

As do the domestic builders. Many large US companies hide their profits offshore. Just ask Apple.

You said the SAME THING I was going to say Cubby!
Thank you.:patriot::patriot::patriot:

Programming Garage Door opener.

SrChief,

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

Thank you,
Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Caron: I have a rather ancient Stanley Garage Door opener with only 5 dip switches. Instructions seem only to apply to 8 switches.
I have tried many times but it does not work with my 2008 XLR. I have tried 'off' for missing 3 but to no avail.
The home link works with my 2009 Denali.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Gord.

Well my problem is I live with my mom (due to insurance issues) (long story) and when we had a person program her odyssey home link. The button he pressed erased my xlr opener for my home link. So now I'm stuck with the regular garage door opener and she has the Honda odyssey programmed :(.

Well my problem is I live with my mom (due to insurance issues) (long story) and when we had a person program her odyssey home link. The button he pressed erased my xlr opener for my home link. So now I'm stuck with the regular garage door opener and she has the Honda odyssey programmed :(.

What?!?! How can programing one car, erase another car? I'm confused!

The person may have done a master erase on the opener before programming for the Honda. (On my opener, that's done by not just pressing the "learn" button, but then holding it 6+ seconds until the light gores out). I suggest you try repeating the programming sequence for your XLR -- just don't do a master erase. Most openers can work with multiple remotes.

I'll try that

Caron: I have a rather ancient Stanley Garage Door opener with only 5 dip switches. Instructions seem only to apply to 8 switches.
I have tried many times but it does not work with my 2008 XLR. I have tried 'off' for missing 3 but to no avail.
The home link works with my 2009 Denali.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Gord.

Hello Gord,

Since we rely on our dealers for technical assistance, I wouldn't be able to offer any advice to help troubleshoot this over the forum. Have you reached out to your local dealer for assistance in this matter?

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hawkeye, did you ever get the opener programmed? I installed a new opener this past weekend and can't get my XLR to work with it. Somebody mentioned don't do amaster erase, why is that? The opener is a new Chamberlain. If I try matching the remote from the opener to my car, I don't get the fast flashing leds while holding down both simultaneously. I hate the thought of having to carry one of the remotes with me when I have buttons on the visor. Any ideas from anybody I will certaiy appreciate it.

I had the same problem and working with Chamberlain was told I had to buy a repeater for around $50.00 to make it work. Our system is not Homelink but was made by Link and does not work with many openers.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom