Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Goodbye

R

Redbird

I've sold my 2005 XLR. I loved the car. It was Blue with shale inside. I just got tired of fixing it. I've had an oil leak that the local dealer just doesn't seem to be able to fix. It's been in the shop now for over 30 days this year alone and it's still waiting for parts. The Dealer is a Cadillac dealer and the technician is XLR certified. The car only has 29,000 KM (18,000 Miles) on it. I bought it with 11,000 Km on it three years ago. I'll miss the car as a really enjoyed it when it worked. It was a very beautiful colour and in this area reasonbly rare. The hanger queen is gone and I replaced it with a 2008 Vette.

I've sold my 2005 XLR. I loved the car. It was Blue with shale inside. I just got tired of fixing it. I've had an oil leak that the local dealer just doesn't seem to be able to fix. It's been in the shop now for over 30 days this year alone and it's still waiting for parts. The Dealer is a Cadillac dealer and the technician is XLR certified. The car only has 29,000 KM (18,000 Miles) on it. I bought it with 11,000 Km on it three years ago. I'll miss the car as a really enjoyed it when it worked. It was a very beautiful colour and in this area reasonbly rare. The hanger queen is gone and I replaced it with a 2008 Vette.

BYE!:wave:

That engine hasn't even been broken in! Maybe the seals got dry from sitting ... ;) JK .... I do know about oil leaks ... but Lola's were pretty easily found and fixed. But sort of I'm not kidding ... it seems like the more the car is on the road the less problems we have. Since I'm in SoCal, the car is on the road everyday - almost - we make it point to choose her instead of the truck now for almost everywhere, except Ray has never taken her to work. The parking lot of a courthouse/jail isn't exactly prime parking .... :pat:

I am sorry to see you go ... but I think you chose the 2nd best car on the road .... :blinzel: Have fun with your new car and stay onboard the forum and let us know where and what you're doing .....

I totally understand what you are talking about. We bought Passion Diva new in August 2007. I have lost count on her days in the shop. She now has 30,800 miles on her, and still has the same noise in the front she had at 4,430 miles. Half the time the clock doesn't work. Very sad for a car with a MSRP of $81,495, when you can't count on the clock being right. I have hired an attorney to persuade GM to take her back. After we faxed him 36 pages of repair orders, he doesn't think we will have much of a problem. She is a beautiful car, I will miss her, but, she is my second XLR. We also had a 2004, which GM did buy back, because of a bad top. I can understand why Cadillac stopped production on the XLR. Way too many problems, and over priced for what you get. We went into a 2005 Corvette, drove the crap out of it. In less than two years we put over 55,000 miles on it, with no problems, except for the 2 sets of tires due to Marks driving :bash::bash::bash:. Mark's Shelby is the same way, its a 2009 with over 40,000 miles, no problems, just tires...... again, due to his driving

I think in the years to come, parts for the XLR will become next to impossible to get. I went thru that with my 1993 Cadillac Allante. Within a few years after it was out of production, there were no parts. :pat::pat::pat::pat:

I think there is a pattern here......

Two XLR's + PD = Nothing but problems......

One Vette + One GT500 + Mark + several sets of tires = No Problems

Hey, do they make a lemon law for ................. :love: :reddevil :reddevil

Mine was a lemon buy back. Nearly everything was replaced. It was in the shop for the first 20,000 miles of it's life. There hasn't been a single problem (with the engine) since. (I'm knocking on wood, now!)

I think there is a pattern here......

Two XLR's + PD = Nothing but problems......

One Vette + One GT500 + Mark + several sets of tires = No Problems

Hey, do they make a lemon law for ................. :love: :reddevil :reddevil

If there was a lemon law for.............. :love::love::love:, you would have been gone a long, long, long time ago.....:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Our two XLR's have had problems with everything but the engines. That GM did well; it's just the front end suspension, the rear end, the electronics, the top, the trunk lid, etc. Ah, the trunk story.

Took it to the dealer because the trunk would not open. Got the call to pick it up after they promised the trunk was now working properly - the service manager decided to demo their work. He reached down to touch the release pad and it fell off in his hand.........but ! The trunk did open, so not all was lost. :squint:

The look on his face was priceless.

I'm sorry to hear about your XLR. What a shame. But, congratulations on your Corvette purchase. I hope you will stay involved on the XLR-Net.

I do hope you'll stay involved on here!!! Jsut because you no longer own an XLR does NOT mean you can't stay on here!!! Sorry to hear about your problems... the only problem I've had has been with the top, and they have actually been rather minor.

Still checking the board. I love Cadillacs so I'll be around for a while. At some point I may purchase another XLR in the future as I loved the car.

Sorry to hear all the bad new.
I've owned an 05 SRX, now an 08 CTS4 and an 06 XLR and other than the marks on the roof of the XLR, i have never had problems with any of them.
My 03 Audi A4 Cab has given me all the headache. New tranny, wheel bearing, shorted out ignition coils, new piston to hold up the engine hood.
Oh well. :patriot:

I've owned an 05 SRX, now an 08 CTS4 and an 06 XLR and other than the marks on the roof of the XLR, i have never had problems with any of them.
My 03 Audi A4 Cab has given me all the headache. New tranny, wheel bearing, shorted out ignition coils, new piston to hold up the engine hood.

I'm so glad to hear some horror stories about some other cars; not just GM's. I too, have had very little problems with my GM cars ('94 Concours, '00 DTS, '06 GMC Envoy Denali). '00 DTS has 178K and the XLR has almost 149K. :cool:

My 05 mercedes CLK 500 and my 06 SLK 350 both gave me a fit! I had to put 2 transmissions in the CLK. And, the engine light came on constantly in the SLK and it shifted really hard between gears. I had to drive 2 hours to get it worked on. Both were in the shop constantly. Not to mention, the CLK had the worst gas mileage ever! All of my vettes had over 120,000 miles on them and never gave me any problem at all!

So much for German engineering!

Paul,
How is the old Elephant Hotel doing? Haven't been in your neighborhood in years.
I too have had NO problems with my XLR. Just runs fine and is a joy to drive with the top down.:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom