Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Got Corsa (exhaust)? I just did! (pics)

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
While I was ok with the look and sound of the factory exhaust, my husband was VERY unhappy with the look. So much so that he bypassed a cold air intake for his beastmobile to replace the XLR exhaust first. I would say I owe him an intake, but I can hardly get the XLR away from him now, so I think we're even. :reddevil

Installer (shop manager) said it was the best made after market exhaust he had ever seen. Hubby said all the shop guys were lined up to see him take off and he "did not disappoint!"

The exhaust is awesome sounding. Goes away at cruising speeds, but makes itself known with only moderate acceleration and rips it when you really get on it. It isn't obnoxious but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't want to be noticed, because there's no way to accelerate and keep it quiet. If looks don't catch the eye of passersby, sound will! :cool:

We got to take some underbody before & after pics. Here they are: first set is comparison of the tips; next is factory & then Corsa H pipes; final pair is factory to factory, then factory to Corsa exhaust.

While I was ok with the look and sound of the factory exhaust, my husband was VERY unhappy with the look. So much so that he bypassed a cold air intake for his beastmobile to replace the XLR exhaust first. I would say I owe him an intake, but I can hardly get the XLR away from him now, so I think we're even. :reddevil

Installer (shop manager) said it was the best made after market exhaust he had ever seen. Hubby said all the shop guys were lined up to see him take off and he "did not disappoint!"

The exhaust is awesome sounding. Goes away at cruising speeds, but makes itself known with only moderate acceleration and rips it when you really get on it. It isn't obnoxious but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't want to be noticed, because there's no way to accelerate and keep it quiet. If looks don't catch the eye of passersby, sound will! :cool:

We got to take some underbody before & after pics. Here they are: first set is comparison of the tips; next is factory & then Corsa H pipes; final pair is factory to factory, then factory to Corsa exhaust.

I have to TOTALLY agree with you Amy. I haven't done much to my '05 Base, but I would DEFINITELY say that my best upgrade is my Corsa exhaust. While it isn't cheap - it is worth EVERY penny! I just love the rumble I get when it idles... and sometimes, I just turn off the radio, just to listen to is while I drive (usually around town - because, as you said, while cruising the highway, it isn't even noticeable. Congratulations on your new Corsa exhaust. Nice pictures - thanks for posting. :rocker:

Thanks - seeing your exhaust at NCH was a big help in deciding to get it. Mike took a good look at yours & liked it.

If I thought I was having fun with the XLR before, I'm REALLY having fun now! :D. Definitely a worthwhile spend.

Exhaust system looks great! I'd love to add one to my '06 V but have received mixed signals as to whether a Corsa system exists for the V series. Does anyone know for sure? If not, what is the explanation for omitting the V? If so, is there a comparable system that does fit (with similar results)? Thanks!

Exhaust system looks great! I'd love to add one to my '06 V but have received mixed signals as to whether a Corsa system exists for the V series. Does anyone know for sure? If not, what is the explanation for omitting the V? If so, is there a comparable system that does fit (with similar results)? Thanks!

I'm told you can get a Billy Boat for the xlr-v. It does not say on the site, but I think if you call them you will find out it will work. I have heard the BB exhaust on several corvettes and it sounds amazing www.bbexhaust.com

I have an 06 V and got my Corsa Direct Perfect fit and i Soooo! Love it !

Thanks! I am having an absolute BLAST with it! :burnout:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back