Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Halloween

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
What are your plans for Halloween? With Halloween being on a Saturday this year it should be even more fun.:rocker:

Halloween kicks off the Holiday Season for this family. We have, for the past 30 years have an Open House for all of our friends and family. We hosted it until the oldest daughter took it over about 10 years ago. Ray makes his "famous" Potato Soup in a pot the size that the Army uses (really) and we steam hot-dogs in buns, have chili with all the fixin's and pot luck the rest. It is really fun as all of the generations come and bring their kids so we have everyone from grandma to infants - and all of the kids go Trick or Treating in a VERY large pack ... lol We see many of these friends only once a year and that is there! It's fun and I love that night. We go all out with yard decorations and have things that moan and groan, creep and crawl, blink and light up all over the yard and roof, and of course all throughout the house. It has always been one of our favorite holidays. :rocker: Tomorrow we will start with our forray to the Pumpkin Patch to buy the "real ones" that we all get together and carve a day or so before.
This Halloween is going to be very fun - this is the first time that baby grandson of mine will get to go Trick or Treating and you can be sure that I am going to be with him .... :love:
No, I don't dress up, I am a witch most of the year, I give them a break ..:lol:

Halloween kicks off the Holiday Season for this family. We have, for the past 30 years have an Open House for all of our friends and family. We hosted it until the oldest daughter took it over about 10 years ago. Ray makes his "famous" Potato Soup in a pot the size that the Army uses (really) and we steam hot-dogs in buns, have chili with all the fixin's and pot luck the rest. It is really fun as all of the generations come and bring their kids so we have everyone from grandma to infants - and all of the kids go Trick or Treating in a VERY large pack ... lol We see many of these friends only once a year and that is there! It's fun and I love that night. We go all out with yard decorations and have things that moan and groan, creep and crawl, blink and light up all over the yard and roof, and of course all throughout the house. It has always been one of our favorite holidays. :rocker: Tomorrow we will start with our forray to the Pumpkin Patch to buy the "real ones" that we all get together and carve a day or so before.
This Halloween is going to be very fun - this is the first time that baby grandson of mine will get to go Trick or Treating and you can be sure that I am going to be with him .... :love:
No, I don't dress up, I am a witch most of the year, I give them a break ..:lol:
That sounds like really fun time enjoy.:D

Fred:wave:

It sounds like a great time. I wish we could join you. It is nice that your whole family is involved...one big party.:rocker:

Halloween in Madison is nuts! Scary, even. There's a UW football game in the afternoon and UW hockey that nite. We're going to the hockey game but not the FB - did that 2 weeks ago and it was too much to do both in one day! Took us a week to recover!

But after the football game Hannah and Julia will be joining the crazies at FREAKFEST on State Street. We're staying far, far away... but check out this link. It's nuts.

http://www.channel3000.com/freakfest/index.html

~Cathy

Halloween in Madison is nuts! Scary, even. There's a UW football game in the afternoon and UW hockey that nite. We're going to the hockey game but not the FB - did that 2 weeks ago and it was too much to do both in one day! Took us a week to recover!

But after the football game Hannah and Julia will be joining the crazies at FREAKFEST on State Street. We're staying far, far away... but check out this link. It's nuts.

http://www.channel3000.com/freakfest/index.html

~Cathy

It looks like a fun time.:rocker: I think Supa would feel right @ home @ Freakfest.:lol:

I've got 2 parties to go to. For the Friday night party (at an art gallery), you have to dress as a "provocative vampire". I have no idea as to what to do for that one! For the Saturday party, I'm going as Michael Phelps - the Olympic swimmer - who was caught smoking marijuana. I'm wearing board shorts, swim goggles, a swimming cap (since I'm bald and he isn't) and some gold medals. I'll complete the outfit with a fake bong, some parsley in a baggie, and maybe some munchies glued to me (Mallomars, Oreos and potato chips). I'll also write on the front of my tee shirt "No Photos Please!".

My neighborhood is fun as well (but the parties will probably be more fun!). I hand out candy to the kiddies, and beer to the adults.

I hope everyone has a great Halloween!!!!

I've got 2 parties to go to. For the Friday night party (at an art gallery), you have to dress as a "provocative vampire". I have no idea as to what to do for that one! For the Saturday party, I'm going as Michael Phelps - the Olympic swimmer - who was caught smoking marijuana. I'm wearing board shorts, swim goggles, a swimming cap (since I'm bald and he isn't) and some gold medals. I'll complete the outfit with a fake bong, some parsley in a baggie, and maybe some munchies glued to me (Mallomars, Oreos and potato chips). I'll also write on the front of my tee shirt "No Photos Please!".

My neighborhood is fun as well (but the parties will probably be more fun!). I hand out candy to the kiddies, and beer to the adults.

Have fun and be careful.:rocker: Are you passing out some of your "homegrown"?

So you want to hold true on the "I wish you could [join us] too"? I am going to be out in SD for work starting on Friday, so I will be in town for Halloween.
I'd rather some one on one time ....! I am going Trick or Treating with my 20 month old grandbaby! Are you staying in La Jolla again? PM me - let's see what we can work out :rocker:!

Have fun and be careful.:rocker: Are you passing out some of your "homegrown"?

Oregano, Rich ... not parsely .... :pat:

Hope everyone has a great Halloween! :squint: We have several parties but not sure what we would be, and lots going on since we just got back. Probably taking Hunter out with his mommy in the early evening then who knows! But this is my favorate holiday, it is just so much fun!!! :D

A favorite of ours too. Since Ray had to work all week, I am doing the "prep" work for his soup. Just like Hell's Kitchen. He is the big cheese and I am the lowly line cook. He called me from work to see how it's coming along -
Men! Always doing their "prep" work for them :reddevil.

Supa Halloween

We are heading up north tomorrow morning to see Cubby, Supa and Ginger. It will be a great way to celebrate Halloween...Supa style. Let's hope we survive.:lol:

We are heading up north tomorrow morning to see Cubby, Supa and Ginger. It will be a great way to celebrate Halloween...Supa style. Let's hope we survive.:lol:

You guys have fun but behave yourselves!
~Quinn

pumpkin.jpg

We will try to keep Bruce away from the 'Blue Lemonade' :laugh::laugh:

We are going to run up to the H-D dealership in Crete, IL--The owner is a big Corvette collector and knows Bruce & Kathy's friend; Dave Crisley from the Bowling Green plant. I'm hoping he'll be there when we go. He added on to the dealership about two years ago to show off his Corvette collection along with all the bikes. Should be a fun weekend with our MM buddies!!:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom