Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Headlight Repar

ebtdad

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
Hello, all -

After a minor "fender-bender," it looks to me like the right headlight on my 2005 XLR
has "popped out" about 3/4 inch up and out from where it was before. Nonetheless, it still
works.

My "body shop guy" tells me that this headlight cannot be re-installed into a new fender;
but must be replaced.

From what I can see, I think he's wrong. What do your think? And, why?:wave::wave:

Hello, all -

After a minor "fender-bender," it looks to me like the right headlight on my 2005 XLR
has "popped out" about 3/4 inch up and out from where it was before. Nonetheless, it still
works.

My "body shop guy" tells me that this headlight cannot be re-installed into a new fender;
but must be replaced.

From what I can see, I think he's wrong. What do your think? And, why?:wave::wave:

As long as the clips to the headlight are ok, sounds like your body shop is looking for extra $$$ but doesn't realize they probably aren't going to be able to find a headlight to sell you ...

Need pictures of the headlight and interior of where it resides to even begin to make a call as to if it's repairable.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom