Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! HEADLIGHT WASHER COVER

JOSE1

My XLR/V(s)
2004 GRAY
I HAD BOTH HEADLIGHT WASHER NOZZELS COVERS COME OFF.
SEEMS THE THE MOUNTS THAT THE COVER ATTACHES BROKE
AND WONT LET THE COVER LOCK.
HOW DO I FIX THIS?? WIFES CAR NOT HAPPY CAMPER.

I had one of mine break as well. After discussing with the group down at Bobfest '10 - it was suggested that I just GLUE the covers one. Bob had some automotive silicone clear adhesive for me to use. Do you still have the covers? I had to buy a new one and paint it. While mine were not "broken", the covers are supposed to be put on BEFORE the nozzles are mounted to the bumper cover (therefore, requiring you to remove the bumper cover to re-install them). The glue seems to have done the trick. I did have to trim off the "clips" so the cover would seat flush.

Hope this info helps. :cool:

Just had a nozzle replaced at the dealer.. Access is through the wheel well after removing the forward splash shield.. I suspect the top of the nozzle is broken off and will not allow the cover to lock on.. Cover should be attached to new nozzle prior to replacing. A lift is very helpful for easier access.. I personally think the system is useless and a PITA.. The glue method will work but if the top of the nozzle is broken off the spray pattern will be less than nominal.. Parts schematic is available in service manual or possibly gmparts direct.. Have fun and good luck.. Hope this info helps.. WW

I had one of mine break as well. After discussing with the group down at Bobfest '10 - it was suggested that I just GLUE the covers one. Bob had some automotive silicone clear adhesive for me to use. Do you still have the covers? I had to buy a new one and paint it. While mine were not "broken", the covers are supposed to be put on BEFORE the nozzles are mounted to the bumper cover (therefore, requiring you to remove the bumper cover to re-install them). The glue seems to have done the trick. I did have to trim off the "clips" so the cover would seat flush.

Hope this info helps. :cool:
I have just had the same thing happen to mind. Can you share the exact name of the product and where we can get it. They told me the entire bumper would have to come off. Thanks I think everyone on here would have interest in something that will work.;)

Speedway:wave:

Access to and replacement procedure for headlight washer nozzle is in the xlr service manual.. You do not have to remove the bumper cover.. You do remove the forward wheel well splash shield which allows access to the underside of the nozzle and connectors.. Perhaps Cadillac Tech or CCClark might want to jump in on this one.. WW

I had mine fall off on my 2005 and just used super glue to put it back on. I has been on almost 1.5 years with never coming off again.

Also had the same problem. Plain old "crazy glue" worked fine.

Well one of my nozzle covers has also come off, but it looks as if is actually attached to the nozzle itself rather than clipped into the bumper. I will go the clear silicone or crazy glue route.
:cool:

If you didnt have a whole in your bumper I would remove both of them. There more of a pain than what they provide.;) Ive had 3 break.

Speedway

If you didnt have a whole in your bumper I would remove both of them. There more of a pain than what they provide.;) Ive had 3 break.

Speedway

Unfortunately there are holes where the actual nozzles stick through. It just seems that the nozzles have a series of grooves that line up with the tabs on the cover. The tabs on the cover are slightly above the bottom of the cover. From what I can see there is no way that the cover clips into the bumper cover. I ordered a new one from the dealer ($27.00 unpainted), the parts guy said that they just clip on to the nozzle.

You are correct, they do clip onto the nozzle. The nozzle however is held by a clip which needs to be removed to push the nozzle up and attach the cover, then replace the clip holding the nozzle in place. Easier just to super glue them back on if you still have them. Hard to find anyone to paint two small parts.

Unfortunately there are holes where the actual nozzles stick through. It just seems that the nozzles have a series of grooves that line up with the tabs on the cover. The tabs on the cover are slightly above the bottom of the cover. From what I can see there is no way that the cover clips into the bumper cover. I ordered a new one from the dealer ($27.00 unpainted), the parts guy said that they just clip on to the nozzle.

Why do they need headlight washers anyway. Do the cars ever get that dirty?

I think they are required for export to Europe. I guese that Cadillac just put them on all production.

Dave

I know yours and mine don't!!:lol::lol::lol:

I spent all last weekend with the random orbital polishing and waxing Scarlett-V. I have the hood, top and decklid done. I'll be working on the sides this weekend. Getting her ready for the fall drive!!

Why do they need headlight washers anyway. Do the cars ever get that dirty?

I know yours and mine don't!!:lol::lol::lol:

I spent all last weekend with the random orbital polishing and waxing Scarlett-V. I have the hood, top and decklid done. I'll be working on the sides this weekend. Getting her ready for the fall drive!!
I bet Scarlett-V looks great I love using that orbital polishing drives my wife crazy. Shes always saying you cant make it shine anymore than it already does.:D

Speedway:wave:

Did the same thing over the last 2 days. Complete spa treatment, day 1 wash, clay bar, wash, paint conditioner/cleaner and wash. Continuation on day 2, detail spray to remove any dust that settled on the car over night. Now its "dual action buffer" time with Menzerma, Klasse, Pinnical and Surf City Garage products....panel by panel. In total it took a total of 12 hours over 2 days, but was well worth it.

Did the same thing over the last 2 days. Complete spa treatment, day 1 wash, clay bar, wash, paint conditioner/cleaner and wash. Continuation on day 2, detail spray to remove any dust that settled on the car over night. Now its "dual action buffer" time with Menzerma, Klasse, Pinnical and Surf City Garage products....panel by panel. In total it took a total of 12 hours over 2 days, but was well worth it.

I bet it looks awsome can I make an appointment.:lol:

Speedway:wave::wave:

I bet it looks awsome can I make an appointment.:lol:

Speedway:wave::wave:

If I am still alive after the next 2 cars (which are black)....I will pencil you in.....lol.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back