Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight Washer Nozzle Covers

X

XLR KEN

During a cleanup of my 'O5 XLR, it was washing the front bumper and off came the right headlight washer nozzle cover. The plastic attachment failed. Curious as I am, I went to the left washer cover and touched it gentle and it came off too. :pat:

The covers are bayonet attached plastic, painted to match. I called the local Cadillac dealership to see how much they cost. Unpainted, they quoted me over $60.00 each. They wouldn't even discuss what they would cost if painted by their body shop.

One question is whether anyone has found their headlight washer nozzle covers broke off like mine. Second is whether the price quoted seems reasonable.

Help Cadillac Tech.........what to do, what to do.:dunno:

XLR KEN

Mine haven't come off, but now I'm afraid to touch them!!!

The price comes from "Ripley's Believe It or Not!!!"

Floyd (BB)

Washer nozzle cover

The cover on the right side of my car also came off during washing. The plastic locking tab on one side broke off. A small touch of Elmers did the trick.

Mine was loose on the passengers side. The body guy reached up felt around on the bottom of the bumper, found the clip and put it back on. He said it was pretty common.

Best of luck.

Uintah

Both of mine came off, the clip broke both times. First time I had to have replaced as it came off while driving in the rain. $75 painted and installed. Second one came off at a hand car wash. Super glued that back on and it has stayed on for 2 1/2 years.

On the way to Bowling Green last year I stopped in Kansas City and was in a hail storm. My passenger side was hit by a big hailstone and it was knocked off. When I got to Bowling Green they checked to see if they had any to replace mine. They wound up sending me a few already painted to match so now if one of them comes off I have some ready to replace it. Cost to me $0.00. Can not beat that.:):):)

I had never heard of this problem before.

Maybe it would pay to put a drop or two of Crazy Glue here and there just as a preventative measure.

Floyd (BB)

Fracture Mechanics

I don't think it takes an engineer to figure out the root problem with the covers. The fender skirt is soft and pliable while the nozzle cover is hard and rigid. When the bumper flexes, it pushes up on the edge of the cover and snaps off the small flange that locks them on.

I think I'll be using some RTV (silicon) adhesive to put both of mine back on. That way is has a flexible connection between the two and will form around the original "bayonet" threads. Elmer's Glue is water soluable and superglue is strong but rigid (could fracture).

This part is a great candidate for being a service part (2 per bag), pre-painted to the color pallet of the XLR. If I could find the OEM suppier, I'd buy a thousand, paint them and sell them for $5.00 a set on eBay.

Do I hear an "AMEN"? :blinzel:

NOZZLE COVERS

Put me down for 10. Silver please.

Spray nozzle cover

Does anyone know the part number for the left (driver side) cover?. Thanks in advance..

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom