Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

headlights

batgirl1

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black xlr
I bought a kit and I'm going to work on my headlights today. They are not so bad, but the foglights are so cloudy. Hope it works! Any tips?

Did you buy the 3M kit? I bought one to do my Expedition, but haven't done it yet. Take your time and make sure you have your painted areas masked off well. I know Cadillac Tech has done a few and he said it works well.

I bought a kit and I'm going to work on my headlights today. They are not so bad, but the foglights are so cloudy.
Hope it works! Any tips?

Ok. Did the headlights today. They do look better. I couldn't get the fog lights much clearer. It seems that they are a frosted plastic. Is that how they are supposed to be? They look alot clearer in other people's photos.

Ok. Did the headlights today. They do look better. I couldn't get the fog lights much clearer. It seems that they are a frosted plastic. Is that how they are supposed to be? They look alot clearer in other people's photos.

The fog lights are supposed to be clear, but mine are much like yours, I think they get nailed with a lot of road debris and because they are plastic, I think it scratches them. My front end also shows a lot of wear - not surprising with 147,000 on my X. I've seen replacement fog lights on ebay - for about $300 I think. But I don't think there is a lot you can do for them, once they get that way. jmo :cool:

Are you kidding me? You really have 147k on your car? What is the history of your car???

We have 52K and think that's a lot!

What he said!

Are you kidding me? You really have 147k on your car? What is the history of your car???

We have 52K and think that's a lot!

I bought the car last year with 130,000 miles on it. I found it on eBay in Philadelphia. I was told that it was owned by a state trooper that just cruised the turnpike. The car is in pretty good shape - but the front end shows your typical road wear. I carfax'd it and it was alway brought back to the dealer for regular maintenance.
I'm not afraid of mileage, since I bought the car with the intent on driving it, and the fact that I put 17,000 miles on it in one year (and it was put away for the winter, pretty much), its obvious I love to drive it. My 2000 DTX (DTS) has over 172,000 on it and it is in great shape and runs well too.
I love my caddy's. :cool:

Great car history - I wonder if we ever knew the original owner on either of the forums ... interesting .... I only know one other XLR owner who has put that kind of milage on their car ... that is The Professor. He hasn't posted in about a year, it would be nice if we could find out if he's still driving his as well. Interesting that it is also a black car.

I am thrilled to hear that you drive your car .... we do too ... I really think that most people on this forum now do .... I can remember a few years ago when many of the first owners made Garage Queens out of their cars .... now people like you, me and other's are reaping those benefits without having had to take the hit on the depreciation... ;)

I drive mine everyday also. Who could resist? As mine wears, I'll just fix it as needed. Life is too short to let it sit in the garage!

My front end has a lot of wear too. However, the car looks great!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom