Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hope to drive the XLR tomorrow

arv09

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Silver Platinum, 2005 Black Raven XLR
We have had so much snow and ice I haven't been able to drive the XLR's since November. Both have been on the trickle chargers for the winter but tomorrow the weather looks good and rain today washing away the salt. If everything drys I will try to get one of the XLR's out tomorrow for a spin. Can't wait! Almost spring.

We have had so much snow and ice I haven't been able to drive the XLR's since November. Both have been on the trickle chargers for the winter but tomorrow the weather looks good and rain today washing away the salt. If everything drys I will try to get one of the XLR's out tomorrow for a spin. Can't wait! Almost spring.

wish I could do the same! ANOTHER 2-4in going on now!!:mad:, Al

I hear ya, Al. We had 8" more inches yesterday to add to the foot and a half on the ground. Won't have the V's out anytime soon.:mad:

wish I could do the same! ANOTHER 2-4in going on now!!:mad:, Al

Roads will be clearing up here 40's today a warm up for a few more days on the forecast but Roxy's all tore a part at the shop getting new plates in the rear end since aftermarket warranty is covering it and pipes are getting ceramic coated and ordering Thermo Heat Shield to apply to the tunnel plate and underside muffler shields while we can get to them!
So Roxy ain't going no where soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Tomorrow :laugh::laugh::laugh: As cubby said we have a foot on the ground and just got 8-10 yesterday. Extended forecast doesn't get any better. Looking like mid April the way this winter is going. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hear ya, Al. We had 8" more inches yesterday to add to the foot and a half on the ground. Won't have the V's out anytime soon.:mad:

ya Cubby,we get your weather coming across about a day or so later but this time it'll be rain.I'll believe it when I see it!!:( later,Al

I really feel sorry for you guys. We had a foot of snow with 1 1/2" of ice on top of it and it was all gone in 2 days. We had a good rain storm then off and on drizzle for a week and it's rain showers for the rest of the week with sun Saturday.

Rain around here is drizzle to you guys. I'm a transplant from New England (I left Conn over 20 years ago). I couldn't take the winter weather with all of the salt on the roads. They don't use salt around here. Most of the time they don't even plow the roads.

You can't help driving in the rain around here. If you waited for the sun to come out, you'll wait until mid July. Then you'll see sun every day until mid October then they drizzle/rain returns.

Wash and wax takes care of the top side and a steam cleaning once a year takes care of the underside. Looks like new all the time!

AAAAAHHHHHH it's 52 and just overcast. Time for a top down ride!! :wave:

Wanted to get the XLR out on Tuesday or Wednesday but couldn't because I worked too late Was able to get it out today for a short drive and it was great. The 05 is still in the garage waiting to have to wind restrictor installed. Hope to get the 09 out again tomorrow since weather still supposed to be good. After that who knows when since winter is supposed to kick back in.

Yesterday, I took a wonderful drive to Franklin, Tn and it's projected to be 65 in Nashville today.

No out n about for Roxy rear out , pipes are Ceramic coated and time to put all back together, here's some pics of her rear and coated pipes
hegyzabu.jpg
qa4egu7y.jpg
zebahymy.jpg
2u8e2ute.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend driving your baby around where you may travel!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Have had "Little Bugger" out and about several times this past week with top down. He even got a wash job at Red Noland Cadillac. We have had more snow but it was all gone the next day. Big Bertha needs a wash job to get the bugs off from the drive back from Arizona last week. Spring will be here soon.:)

No out n about for Roxy rear out , pipes are Ceramic coated and time to put all back together, here's some pics of her rear and coated pipes
hegyzabu.jpg
qa4egu7y.jpg
zebahymy.jpg
2u8e2ute.jpg

Have a wonderful weekend driving your baby around where you may travel!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

The one pic looks like she has a new color. White.... But I guess that's just die to the sunlight or that's the new back end in primer

Well after the hard rain here last night. I went out about 3x furring the heavy showers and checked the trunk. So far so good. No water leaks. But the bad thing is. Heavy pollen. So my baby will have to wait till I can get her in my garage. Then I'll have hr hand washed and have a coat of wax on her. Professionally done. She probably won't be able to see the inside of the garage for another couple weeks.

It comforts me to know I'm not alone...

For a while I thought it was just me but after reading the many post here I know now I'm not alone. I'm not the only one going crazy because I want so so badly to pull "Sparkle" out and go for a nice long drive and it is killing me...lol. Right now she's under her cover in the garage and the weather here in the Chicago area has been so crazy that I'm trying hard to be patient. I can't do a couple spins around the neighborhood, I think that would do more to **** me off than satisfy the urge so I'm patiently awaiting SPRING TIME.....lol.

This may just put me in therapy....lol.

For a while I thought it was just me but after reading the many post here I know now I'm not alone. I'm not the only one going crazy because I want so so badly to pull "Sparkle" out and go for a nice long drive and it is killing me...lol. Right now she's under her cover in the garage and the weather here in the Chicago area has been so crazy that I'm trying hard to be patient. I can't do a couple spins around the neighborhood, I think that would do more to **** me off than satisfy the urge so I'm patiently awaiting SPRING TIME.....lol.

This may just put me in therapy....lol.

Between not being able to have the top down in fear of getting frost bite and all the splash from all the run off on the roads getting all over everything.
Salt destroying every aluminum piece under the vehicle.
Hitting one of the thousands of potholes destroying a rim, suspension, etc.
Having to definitely wash her before I put her back.
It's just not worth it,spring will be here shortly,and I'm not done with what I want to do to her yet.
It is tough though hearing others being able to enjoy year round. Oh well.

LOL...

Between not being able to have the top down in fear of getting frost bite and all the splash from all the run off on the roads getting all over everything.
Salt destroying every aluminum piece under the vehicle.
Hitting one of the thousands of potholes destroying a rim, suspension, etc.
Having to definitely wash her before I put her back.
It's just not worth it,spring will be here shortly,and I'm not done with what I want to do to her yet.
It is tough though hearing others being able to enjoy year round. Oh well.

Stella you are definitely preaching to the choir. I feel like an addict....lol. But the truth of the matter is exactly as you wrote. It really isn't worth it. I'm just gonna cool my heels until the weather breaks for good. Because I don't want ANY salt on mine and to be honest I could possibly lose the entire car in one of chicago's potholes, seriously....lol.

We understand your immense excitement! Spring's getting closer :).

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

I got to drive my XLR Fri, Sat & Sun!

In between the sudden downpours I was able to drop the top and go for a ride. But also don't want to drop it too often until we floridians are out of the high pollen scare. Even though the whole car needs a good cleaning/detail job. I don't want to get those fine filled flakes in the car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back