Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

In the event of GM's bankruptcy, which group would be the biggest loser?

• Suppliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dealers

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Retirees

• Current UAW Workers

• Creditors

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Tax Payers

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!

Since the taxpayers are also creditors there is only one answer to this question. All of the others will also be hurt but the creditors have the most at stake.

Ford's trying to free up more cash .... hmmmm .... maybe they're looking for a step-child?? :squint:

Who gets paid first?

Who gets paid first, the original stock holders,creditors or taxpayers if they go under?

Since the current administration decided they could act as the Judicial and Executive branches and change the rules of BK for the Chrysler BK it has to be the creditors that take the biggest hit. Good luck on decent loan rates and terms in the future Corporate America.

It's not a question of if they file bankruptcy, its a matter of when. I don't think there is any plan GM can come up with to satisfy the government. Going off the deal they came up with for the Chrysler BK, I believe the creditors are the ones to lose. :pat:

The government threw the lifeline in order to keep things going and keep the union alive. If GM had BK'd without taking the bailout $$ then they could have dumped the unions and started fresh. Union wages are still a problem.
The feds have their tentacles in the business and will keep the unions and even reward them.
The Chrysler bailout will reward the union with 6billion and a 55% ownership of the new company. Taxpayers put in something like 14billion in and will see Zero.
This is just more government control of our companies. Just wish they would get control of fuel pricing. ;) Just my .02

CO

My dad spent his life as a UAW worker for Ford Motor Company and I must say thank God he is not here to see the automotive industry go down the way it is. :(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom