Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Indiana State Fair

I was going to stop by the Dessert Factory for some ice cream on the way out, but there a line, butI didn't want to wait. I was still full from the elephant ear that I had had earlier that evening:chuckle
Yum yum.:lol::lol:

Fred:wave:

What is Elephant Ear?

An Elephant Ear is dough that has been brushed with butter and deep fried; then sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon. They are about 12-14 inches in diameter. To quote Speedway...Yum Yum

Kathy :chuckle

State Fair '10 pictures

We spent the day @ the Indiana State Fair yesterday, we spent most of the time watching the draft horses & their owners compete, here are a few pictures;
StateFairAugust10181.jpg

StateFairAugust10169.jpg

StateFairAugust10199.jpg

StateFairAugust10188.jpg

StateFairAugust10305.jpg

StateFairAugust10320.jpg

StateFairAugust10313.jpg

StateFairAugust10388.jpg

StateFairAugust10443.jpg

StateFairAugust10436.jpg

StateFairAugust10459.jpg

StateFairAugust10526.jpg

StateFairAugust10661.jpg

StateFairAugust10662.jpg

Your pictures are great! It is wonderful to see that your Fair has maintained the country charm ..... ours that used to be full of wonderful citrus displays, farming, canning and quilts have thrown those small contributions into a separate bldg and all of the display bldgs are now full of new merchandise ... looks like a swap-meet. The only fair-like area we have left is the Midway and the Food Isle that leads there. Even the toy hawkers are gone, and instead of feather decorated Kewpie dolls on a bamboo cane, there are now blow-up figures of Spider Man....
Our flower display used to take up a whole bldg and now has been regulated to a row of round tables for one isle. Very sad -
I used to love our barn bldgs with fresh hay piled up and the kids from the out-lying cities would be there tending their prized horses, cows, pigs, etc. Now we have pens of wire where you can't touch the animals - oh, unless you let your child "pet" the animals in the small penned in "petting zoo" .... and then of course, there are sanitizing bottles of whatever that stuff is - to make sure that you and your kids don't contaminate each other. Stupid.

We had a great time watching the Belgian horses. Now I wish I would have called in "sick" so I could have gone a couple more times! :chuckle There were lots of things that I didn't get to see.

Great Pictures the Horses are beautiful. I know you had a fantastic time thanks for sharing with all us.;)

Speedway:wave::wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back