Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! Intersting 2008 XLR-V For Sale

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
So, thanks to Hal for discovering this one, check out this 2008 Cadillac XLR-V for sale up in Canada:

http://xlr-net.com/cadillac-xlr-registry/showprofile.php?id=3723

What's so special about it you ask?

The color - Liquid Amethyst. According to GM/Bowling Green Assembly Plant, there were no 2008 XLR-Vs built in Liquid Amethyst paint. Liquid Amethyst was only used on 2008 Platinum Edition XLR's.

I have an inquiry into the dealership as well as GM - awaiting responses. Stay tuned!! :)

• Admin
And here is the response from GM. Looks like it was originally Light Platinum. Click on the thumbnail:

Attachments

• 2008_xlrv_746_build.jpg
    2008_xlrv_746_build.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 375
So is the thought that it's been repainted, or that this is another mis-match between GM docs & reality (although a pretty big one!)?

• Admin
So is the thought that it's been repainted, or that this is another mis-match between GM docs & reality (although a pretty big one!)?
My thought is that it's a repaint, but I would love to see a window sticker, or get information from the original owner.

I think some of the info that's around is either a misprint or GM or the posters just don't know.

On this site it shows that there were NA for 2004's for Ebony interior. I take the NA to be either Not Available or Not Applicable.

My 2004 XLR has Ebony/black interior. The seats, the dash and the doors are black leather.

The car has obviously been repainted to this color. Looking at the pictures; the rear decklid badging is incorrect. The V logo is supposed to be on the left side of the decklid (replacing where the Northstar badge is on the base models).

The car has obviously been repainted to this color. Looking at the pictures; the rear decklid badging is incorrect. The V logo is supposed to be on the left side of the decklid (replacing where the Northstar badge is on the base models).

Good catch, Cubby...

See my response in the other thread. GM confirmed this afternoon that it is a V.

I think some of the info that's around is either a misprint or GM or the posters just don't know.

On this site it shows that there were NA for 2004's for Ebony interior. I take the NA to be either Not Available or Not Applicable.

My 2004 XLR has Ebony/black interior. The seats, the dash and the doors are black leather.
Whoa....good catch!

However, you're looking at the Registry - not the production data.

The Interior colors - some of them are not correct on the Registry home page - and that's my screw-up. I need to fix the programming.

Ugh....not sure how the hell that escaped, but guess I have some work to do tonight. :D

Also, just an FYI - the Registry is not a concrete indication of production. That is of course, my eventual goal with it, but the Registry only contains XLRs and XLR-Vs that either I'm able to find online and enter, or someone registers their vehicle there.

For example: The Registry shows 16 2007 Passion Red XLRs. Of course - 250 were built, but I only have 16 of them listed in the Registry.

The more XLRs I can get into the Registry, (with correct information), the more valuable and specific, the information becomes.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom