Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Is it just me or what?

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum, Crystal Red Metalic
This has frustrated me for as long as I have been a member which has not been very long.
When I logon and try to navigate the site using the "drop down boxes", the first few choices are not visible because they are covered by the "blue menu bar". I suspect a simple programming change to make the "blue menu bar" to be in the background would solve this issue.
Since we are talking about the "blue menu bar", whenever I am in the Home screen (red menu bar) and Forum (blue menu bar) the bar covers these choices: Log Out, Settings, My Profile, Notifications, Welcome
This only happens in that one screen, here again I think if the bar were to be moved down about an inch like it is in other screens that would make a difference. IMHO
Respectfully
pvw

Try this... it worked for me.

I was having the same problem, both on this forum and the CadillacV forum. "Tuna" on the CadillacV forum told me to go to the "Tools" drop-down box in my browser and click on "Compatability view". It worked for me... everything is now where it's supposed to be, not on top of other items. Hope this takes care of the problem.

I was having the same problem, both on this forum and the CadillacV forum. "Tuna" on the CadillacV forum told me to go to the "Tools" drop-down box in my browser and click on "Compatability view". It worked for me... everything is now where it's supposed to be, not on top of other items. Hope this takes care of the problem.

Thanx Rod but, this is a different issue than that.

Hi, Patrick. What browser are you using? I run Firefox V21.0 and I don't have that issue.

FWIW

Tim
This has frustrated me for as long as I have been a member which has not been very long.
When I logon and try to navigate the site using the "drop down boxes", the first few choices are not visible because they are covered by the "blue menu bar". I suspect a simple programming change to make the "blue menu bar" to be in the background would solve this issue.
Since we are talking about the "blue menu bar", whenever I am in the Home screen (red menu bar) and Forum (blue menu bar) the bar covers these choices: Log Out, Settings, My Profile, Notifications, Welcome
This only happens in that one screen, here again I think if the bar were to be moved down about an inch like it is in other screens that would make a difference. IMHO
Respectfully
pvw

Hi, Patrick. What browser are you using? I run Firefox V21.0 and I don't have that issue.

FWIW

Tim

Tim,
I usually use IE 10. So I went to Firefox and the drop down menus are on top of the "blue menu bar" but, when in the "home screen" the "blue menu bar is too high.

Gotcha, Patrick. You're right; on the "Home screen", the "blue menu bar" does cover up those options that are available on the other screens.

Another annoying thing is that this thread keeps going back to "hybrid" display mode, even after being changed to "linear". :(

Oh well... :dunno:

Tim
Tim,
I usually use IE 10. So I went to Firefox and the drop down menus are on top of the "blue menu bar" but, when in the "home screen" the "blue menu bar is too high.

Patrick,

I am running IE10.0 and don't have any problem. If you go to tools and select compatibility view settings, if xlr-net is listed, remove it and you shouldn't have the problems.

Respectfully
pvw

Thanx Cubby, I also had to uncheck Display all websites in compatibility view to clear the problem

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom