Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

just bought a 06 XLR V

rockyrhoads

Seasoned Member
Hi rocky rhoads here new owner and member disabled vet living in san Antonio area. The bumper cover is missing and the part number is different although the fenders and hood are the same can anyone tell me what is different I can't see it

welcome

Glad to have another Texan in the fold. Hawk

Your comment doesn't specify which bumper cover--front or rear. If it is the front, it may be a different part number, as the V's have different grilles than the base model.

hawk do you know anyone that can answer the bumper cover question? have one located at the parts reclamation center(previously known as "the junkyard) for $450 new is $1400 but it is for the base model

Welcome to the forum Rocky post some pictures of your new ride when you can
"KEEP ON CRUZIN"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

ld
Your comment doesn't specify which bumper cover--front or rear. If it is the front, it may be a different part number, as the V's have different grilles than the base model.

If it is the front it should be the same as the grills are interchangeable, only the hoods are different.

Checked with the parts house, different part numbers for the front bumper cover for a "V" and the base model. The rears are the same part number. Not sure exactly what the difference is, though. But as Cubby said, it must have something lot do with the different grills on the "V" and the base.

Congrats on your new ride; these cars are a BLAST!!!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. :cool:

Rocky

Sorry, Rocky, I do not. I am sure that one guys will get you a good answer though. Hawk

could the difference have something to do with the lack of acc?

Checked with the parts house, different part numbers for the front bumper cover for a "V" and the base model. The rears are the same part number. Not sure exactly what the difference is, though. But as Cubby said, it must have something lot do with the different grills on the "V" and the base.

Congrats on your new ride; these cars are a BLAST!!!

The difference is, the V model has a one piece mesh grill in the lower opening, the standard model has three parts in the lower grill. The grills are interchangeable both upper and lower. Hope this helps answer your question. Enjoy your new ride, I still love mine.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom