Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Key fob not detected

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
I've noticed of late that sometimes my door or trunk will not open when I have the fob in my pocket or even my hand. Today I received a couple of information notices of "fob not detected" and the start button didn't work until the third attempt. I'm away from home and have the 2nd fob with me (in wife's purse). Is it possible that both of the batteries have gone soft on me at the same time? Should I acquire a new battery for my #1 and see if that helps? Thanks for any suggestions... don't really want to be locked out or in a can't crank situation this weekend while on the road.

I've noticed of late that sometimes my door or trunk will not open when I have the fob in my pocket or even my hand. Today I received a couple of information notices of "fob not detected" and the start button didn't work until the third attempt. I'm away from home and have the 2nd fob with me (in wife's purse). Is it possible that both of the batteries have gone soft on me at the same time? Should I acquire a new battery for my #1 and see if that helps? Thanks for any suggestions... don't really want to be locked out or in a can't crank situation this weekend while on the road.

It definitely sounds like a battery issue in your fob. I think replacing a battery should take care of your issue. One thing to keep in mind - if the car is say "no fob detected" - you can always slide the fob into the "slot" located in the glovebox; that will at least get your car started. But make sure you have your KEY - in case you cannot even get in the car (you will have to pop the door open manually through the trunk).

Have a great weekend - hope that does the trick for you. :rocker:

Thanks, Dave... I suspected (hoped) it would be due to battery weakness. I'll pick up another later today and give her a try. A good weekend to you, as well!

My guess is both fob batteries were changed the last time at the same time, so to answer your question... yes, both fob batteries could go bad at the same time.

Picked up a battery 2-pack and installed both fobs. Both work fine now :) Just their time to go, I suppose. Thanks!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom