Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Let's talk Letterman....

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Well, it was always Johnny Carson for me - but then it was Letterman until he kept pounding Sarah Palin into the ground (those remarks about her daughter made me sick) .... He used to be an equal opportunity politician comedian, now he leans so far to the left that I am surprised that he can stand up. :chuckle

So, of course, since he has alway made celebrity goof ups fodder for his 10 min intro, I was pretty surprised to hear of his. Well, not too surprised, but pretty knocked out to know that there were multiple affairs and other stuff ... and all the while he was in a relationship with his present wife. :pat:

I guess what I just don't get is how casual sex can be such an allure that people "who have it all" are willing to risk it so easily.

I listened to his routine last night - no wonder he makes millions a year ... what a smooth talker - I'm interested to see how his wife handles this .... I know the public will forgive him, just like they did Vicks ... Man, the first thing I'd do is go get tested for STD's and AIDs ... the next thing would to be filing for 50% of his ASSets - because that's what he is. :D

I don't think it should be played out in the public eye. IMO he doesn't owe the public an apology. He had his affairs before his marriage to his wife, they were dating. I don't think the media should be playing this out like they are. He is an entertainer and that is it. What is going on should be between he and his wife. Don't get me wrong I haven't watched him since the Palin stuff and what was said about her daughter. I don't condone what he did but it to me is private between husband and wife. JMO. If that was one of us, it wouldn't be all over the news. That's all I'm sayin.

My arguement is that he opted to make his life public when he accepted his multi-million dollar contract to stand on stage and shoot bullets at other celebrity personalities .... just like him. You know, the pot calling the kettle black.

Yeah, it's between him and his wife - but remember - he is the one who stood on the stage and announced it on his program last week. So HE made it public. He also talked about it again last night and even made jokes ... self-depreciating to be sure ... but in the same token, he could have just never mentioned it, let the press play it out, and dealt with it behind the scenes. But that's not what he chose. He put it out there. I think he's pretty pompous to believe that people will ever think the same about him again. They may watch, but I think millions have lost respect for him. :ugh:

I am with you on that Ruthie! He is a Pompous a**! I do not really care for him. Have not really liked anybody since Johnny! He was the Best of the best..;)

My arguement is that he opted to make his life public when he accepted his multi-million dollar contract to stand on stage and shoot bullets at other celebrity personalities .... just like him. You know, the pot calling the kettle black.

Yeah, it's between him and his wife - but remember - he is the one who stood on the stage and announced it on his program last week. So HE made it public. He also talked about it again last night and even made jokes ... self-depreciating to be sure ... but in the same token, he could have just never mentioned it, let the press play it out, and dealt with it behind the scenes. But that's not what he chose. He put it out there. I think he's pretty pompous to believe that people will ever think the same about him again. They may watch, but I think millions have lost respect for him. :ugh:

Haha, who could ever forget Johnny Carson and the tomahawk throw? I still laugh when I think about that .... he was the MASTER when it came to a look of surprise!

Loved him .... and no dirty mouth. :blinzel: Like the Carol Burnette show..... those guys were so funny ... Tim Conway would always make everyone laugh ... Carol would always just lose it! Oh ... and Red Skelton .... he always made himself laugh .... Gosh ... what great comedians. Now days all of them have such foul mouths I can't find the humor .... well, except for Ron White..... he's so darn cute!

I do not see anything wrong with him dating within his work group. He apparently was not married when he dated so whats the big thing. Of course the news media is pumping this as with everything to get people to listen. I dont know what has happen to America I got up early this morning went out on the patio turned on the TV and the first thing I heard was that the far right wants and intends to re-write the bible because they feel it is to liberal hadnt even had a cup of coffee yet. :dunno: As far as Palin he was wrong about what was said about the daughter but you know I have grown kids and this kid that got her pregnant was interviewed by Larry King and he said he was living in the home all along and sleeping with this 16 year old girl prior to her getting Pregnant. :bash:Now you got to ask yourself what mother would allow this type of behavior in the first place sorry RA its to much for me to support.

Fred:wave:

He made it public because the grand jury had indicted the man who was extorting to him. He also made it public because he was already being questioned by the rag magazines. If you don't like what he did just don't watch him.

I do not see anything wrong with him dating within his work group. He apparently was not married when he dated so whats the big thing. Of course the news media is pumping this as with everything to get people to listen. I don't know what has happen to America I got up early this morning went out on the patio turned on the TV and the first thing I heard was that the far right wants and intends to re-write the bible because they feel it is to liberal hadn't even had a cup of coffee yet. :dunno: As far as Palin he was wrong about what was said about the daughter but you know I have grown kids and this kid that got her pregnant was interviewed by Larry King and he said he was living in the home all along and sleeping with this 16 year old girl prior to her getting Pregnant. :bash:Now you got to ask yourself what mother would allow this type of behavior in the first place sorry RA its to much for me to support.

Fred:wave:

He said her youngest daughter was making it with a baseball player. Nothing to do with her older daughter. Also, apparently, he was living with his not-then wife and had a child with her. HE IS THE ONE THAT BROUGHT THIS TO THE MEDIAS ATTENTION.
His sense of humor (?) has gone too far. Jokes about little girls IS NOT funny.
Jokes about HER DAUGHTER'S are not funny.
Kids should be OFF LIMITS to comedians at all costs. As I see it, he crossed the line there.

Apparently the man doesn't know how to work his zipper. And now he is SO SORRY and he stated that on his show last night - apologized to the whole world. And he admitted to much more than we know (or care to know for that matter) .... and he said that he may have ruined his relationship with his wife .... so I'm guessing, since HE said that, that the affairs took place during the last 28 years that he has been in his relationship with his "new" wife.

I don't know what happened in Sarah Palin's house. All I know is that that is one big mouth kid that goes from talk show to talk show shootin' it off. Apparently his family has some questionable behavior going on too ...
That's beside the point.
Letterman seems to make a joke about everything and somethings just are funny. And the news media is not "pumping this up" as much as Letterman himself is. Sorry, I think he's a pompous idiot.

About the Bible .... are you serious?
I know they keep trying to re-write the Constitution - but the Bible????? Who's behind that? Well, I hope it never goes before the Supreme Court. :pat:

He made it public because the grand jury had indicted the man who was extorting to him. He also made it public because he was already being questioned by the rag magazines. If you don't like what he did just don't watch him.

Haha, Marion .... you know I'd rather be watching some reality cr*p .... :lol:

Why are you in bed? Are you sick???? :confused:

Haha, Marion .... you know I'd rather be watching some reality cr*p .... :lol:

Why are you in bed? Are you sick???? :confused:
I think its Jon and Kate plus 8 or something now there fighting because they dont agree that the show is over and would harm the chidren she wants the show he doesnt:( Duh, it took this long for Jon to realize the effect on the kids?????

Fred:confused:

I think its Jon and Kate plus 8 or something now there fighting because they dont agree that the show is over and would harm the chidren she wants the show he doesnt:( Duh, it took this long for Jon to realize the effect on the kids?????

Fred:confused:
Didn't have anything to do with Jon realizing anything ..... except that the network was going to rename the show to Kate Plus 8. That's when he "came to his senses" ...... he's another idiot.;)

Didn't have anything to do with Jon realizing anything ..... except that the network was going to rename the show to Kate Plus 8. That's when he "came to his senses" ...... he's another idiot.;)
RA you are so "right on" Ingrid and I were talking last night and both said were glad were getting older because of the way things are going we see no light at the end of the tunnel.:ugh:

Fred:squint:

You are right on this RA. Not to mention Jon's got his ass in trouble. Jon emptied their joint bank account, which by court order neither one was to touch any martial asset without permission from both parties, and only left her with a $1,000.00 in there to take care of 8 children. Way to take care of your kids Jon. What a jerk. :( He is worried about those 8 children right. Now Kate's attorneys have went to court to get him in contemp of court for violiating a court order. Hope they do get him for that.

Good grief! I don't care (and don't want to hear) who is sleeping with whom, whether it's Letterman, Jon or Kate, or JFK. Pretty much everyone in high positions (Government or entertainment) can't keep their hands on themselves. People in those positions have G-I-A-N-T egos, so I'm never surprised when their affairs come out.

Unfortunately, it just means more ratings for TV, Internet, or Print media, so we have to listen to it allllll the time.

Don't get me wrong - I actually enjoy our online discussions of this sort of thing. I just feel embarrassed for my friends with kids who get assaulted with this sort of stuff while watching the morning news, evening news, newspapers and so on. I'm also embarrased for the spouses of these schmucks who have interviewers who ask them dumb @ss questions on TV like "How does your husbands' affair make you feel?". How do you THINK it makes them feel?!? :bash:

Some people are just "stuck on stupid"!

So true, all of you guys.

I guess that's another reason I watch the "crap" that I do .... because the real reality makes me sick. Besides, I really do like watching Dancing with the Stars ... I love those ballroom dances.

Tonights shocker was on the news about the "Crush" videos. I literally thought I was going to be physically ill. We turned OFF the TV. That did it for tonight. I thought I had seen and heard everything and nothing more could shock me.

Really......what IS this world coming to? :rolleyes:

Well here is a quote from Martha Stewart:

Letterman even got an endorsement from Martha Stewart, who said his actions aren't at all disturbing unless there was force involved.
"He's a very attractive man," she said. "Very appealing. Great sense of humor, obviously, and I think all this was done while he was still not married. Although it's still probably harmful to his wife ... But, you know, men are men. I've put up with it all."

"Men are men." Well, now there's a great explanation and excuse ...... And she admits to having "put up with it all?" What a freaking doormat - no wonder she went to jail. Well, there goes another program off of my to-watch list. Don't think I want her to be a role model for my granddaughter no matter how well she can bake. :pat:

I guarantee that by this time next year it will be "Jon & Kate make 10" and I don't mean the addition of their attorneys...they will more than likely reconcile, have 2 more kids and a new show.......:cool:

So true, all of you guys.

I guess that's another reason I watch the "crap" that I do .... because the real reality makes me sick. Besides, I really do like watching Dancing with the Stars ... I love those ballroom dances.

Tonights shocker was on the news about the "Crush" videos. I literally thought I was going to be physically ill. We turned OFF the TV. That did it for tonight. I thought I had seen and heard everything and nothing more could shock me.

Really......what IS this world coming to? :rolleyes:
What is the "Crush" video?:dunno:

I guarantee that by this time next year it will be "Jon & Kate make 10" and I don't mean the addition of their attorneys...they will more than likely reconcile, have 2 more kids and a new show.......:cool:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:That's funny.