Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Looking for someone with the knowledge!

Thanks Cubby,.........

Mr. Picky here!

Now that you and Stella have narrowed it down, what I need is the OEM in Silver to match my XLR's color.

We're soooo close.

Thank you both for your continued effort/s. :)

John

Now,....THAT'S an answer I can live with!
I guess us old RETIRED Vets can still communicate after all!

Thanks again!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
:worship:

O.K. Here's all the info I can find for you:

Mid America Motorworks part number 627-230 CO

Corvette 18" x 8.5" C6 Z06 Style Wheel, +56 Offset, $249.99 Each
The Competition gray is $219.99. Wait to buy them at FunFest and save $40/wheel and get free shipping.

OctoberGlamourShots018.jpg

These pics show them with 285/40ZR18 rear tires and 255/45ZR18 front tires - all Ultra High-performance summer tires rated in excess of 186MPH.

2011LSXSHOOTOUT020.jpg

You can see by the second pic, they're well inside the wheel well. I'm contemplating buying the 18x9.5 for the rear to better match my staggered tire setup, but they come in three different offsets (40, 50, 57) and I don't know which to get. I'll have to wait till FunFest to test fit.

Hey! Welcome home!
$40 Savings, (Per Wheel?) and free shipping ??
You've got my attention!
When is "FunFest"?
If you choose the 18X9's for the rear, make me a deal on your two..?

:patriot:

Hey! Welcome home!
Thanks, the Gulfstream V(SP) to DC was sweet, but the Learjet Model 35 through the storms from DC to STL was like fighting a 172 through the mountains.

$40 Savings, (Per Wheel?) and free shipping ??
Yes, I can't find my invoice , but my total was just under $850 and they shipped them to my house.
You've got my attention!
When is "FunFest"?
See this thread - BobFest 2012
If you choose the 18X9's for the rear, make me a deal on your two..?

Sorry the 18x9s are getting Drag Radials, first. I can't believe I actually said that.:naughty:

Hey John just to chime in your gonna need lug nut's too. Do you want someone to find you those too,chrome or silver?:willy_nilly:

Thanks Stella

1st things first,.....
Wheels are a little way off in the distance, but I'm considering some suggested by GizmoQ.

John

A-N-O-T-H-E-R QUESTION,........

What about the sensors if I go the 19X10 c-6 route?

If I'm to change the wheel size, am I asking for problems?

What about the sensors if I go the 19X10 c-6 route?

If I'm to change the wheel size, am I asking for problems?

As long as the tire diameter remains fairly close there should be no problem with different sizes of wheels.

However, going to the 10 in width you're on your own there, buddy. Back to the original issues about using Corvette sets - some say they work, some say they rub. We know for a fact (the Bowling Green engineers told us with no uncertainty) the rear wheelwell of the XLR is smaller than the vette because of the folding top. I would expect anything over 9" will have either rubbing inside wheelwell or extending outside wheelwell, neither of which is appealing to me.

Thanks GizmoQ!!

After my own crude way of measuring, I believe you're 'spot-on' when it comes to the tolerances within the rear wheel well opening, and the inner well.

I think I'll stay with the 18X8-1/2 56 offset.

It's not gonna be easy lookin' for 4-front wheels on the open market, but I want to find some 'OEM' pieces. It'll be fun since I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks again!

John

The Search Goes On! :wave:

OK....UPDATE

Found four, 5-spoke C-6 wheels, (all 18X8.5) on E-Bay, had them 'Trued' and Polished, they're at the Powder Coaters now.
I'm staying with the "Polished" look as the powder coat will be clear.
The powder coater people say "I'll loose about 20% of the shine", (Sparkle), but I think maintence/preservation wise, it'll be my best bet.
:cool:

If you do a search using my screen name you will/should find a thread on this subject. I posted a link to the site where my tire guy ordered my chrome C6/Z06 wheels from. I think the site is REPLICAWHEELS.COM, if I am not mistaken. As soon as I get a chance I will also try to locate my paperwork and post the info that you are looking for.

:cool:

C6 wheels

I've been lookin' all over the place for advice and specs for "upgrading" the 2005 Cadillac XLR wheels.

(To me they're boreing)

I L-O-V-E the late model Corvette (C-6) Wheels,, but some say the Offset is too dramatic in the rear "19X9".

Will the front, (18X8) still work on all 4- corners???

I have Corvette C6 wheels 18"x8" on all four corners and no clearance problems. Love the look.

Gord Baker

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back