Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Looking for someone with the knowledge!

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
I've been lookin' all over the place for advice and specs for "upgrading" the 2005 Cadillac XLR wheels.

(To me they're boreing)

I L-O-V-E the late model Corvette (C-6) Wheels,, but some say the Offset is too dramatic in the rear "19X9".

Will the front, (18X8) still work on all 4- corners???

That shouldn't be a problem, they are several people on here running Vette wheels on there XLR's....Chicago Dave and Gizmoq are just a few that I know of.

............Will the front, (18X8) still work on all 4- corners???

Thanks for the "Opinion"

Still lookin' for some specifics regarding "fittment" of 18X8 OEM, 5-Spoke Corvette Wheels.
Pics, GM #'s, ANYTHING, Please!:bash:

Still lookin' for some specifics regarding "fittment" of 18X8 OEM, 5-Spoke Corvette Wheels.
Pics, GM #'s, ANYTHING, Please!:bash:
John,

I would suggest contacting a wheel/tire retailer. While this site is full of excellent knowledge - most of us are "drivers" - not really vendors that do this kind of stuff for a living. I think you will mostly get "opinions" or experiences- if someone else ran into the same situation as you are asking about.

Sorry I do not have any more specific answers to your question - just trying to help point you in the right direction.

Good luck. :dunno:

If you READ Chicago dave's response on other thread he GIVES the model number which has backspacing in it. Pictures are all over the site.:willy_nilly:

Thanks Dave.

When it's a fact that I've contacted SEVERAL Tire and Wheel retailers about my question/s, their answer has always had a "Should" or, "I don't think there would be a problem".

When I can appreciate the comments posted on this forum, I thought, as owners and enthusiasts, there would be some that had actual "hands-on" experience concerning my application.

Maybe not.

When it's a fact that I've contacted SEVERAL Tire and Wheel retailers about my question/s, their answer has always had a "Should" or, "I don't think there would be a problem".

When I can appreciate the comments posted on this forum, I thought, as owners and enthusiasts, there would be some that had actual "hands-on" experience concerning my application.

Maybe not.

John,

I've chimed in on providing what little information I have on replacing the wheels on the XLR only because I am one of the few "regular" members here that post (most of the people on this forum just look up info that is put out there) - because I did replace my wheels. But honestly, there have not been a lot of forum members here that have replaced there OEM wheels. As you've obviously encountered (or read) - there is not a large knowledge-base for aftermarket XLR options (IMHO, people that have purchased the XLR are not necessarily the same kind of people that buy vettes and other cars - to modify them).

And sarcasm does not go very well on this forum - people come to the forum to help or converse or share. We all have a common interest - our love of our XLR's.

I'm really sorry I do not have any more SPECIFIC answers to your questions. :cool:

Click on Chicago Dave's garage, he has some pics of his with black Corvette wheels. Also check GizmoQ garage, he has Chrome Vette wheels on his.

.....and where might those postings/pics be??

Sorry about offending anyone,.....but

Youve got to appreciate the fact that I'm kinda' worn out with the responses that I've received thus far.
Maybe the word is frustrated.........

John,

I've chimed in on providing what little information I have on replacing the wheels on the XLR only because I am one of the few "regular" members here that post (most of the people on this forum just look up info that is put out there) - because I did replace my wheels. But honestly, there have not been a lot of forum members here that have replaced there OEM wheels. As you've obviously encountered (or read) - there is not a large knowledge-base for aftermarket XLR options (IMHO, people that have purchased the XLR are not necessarily the same kind of people that buy vettes and other cars - to modify them).

And sarcasm does not go very well on this forum - people come to the forum to help or converse or share. We all have a common interest - our love of our XLR's.

I'm really sorry I do not have any more SPECIFIC answers to your questions. :cool:

There is another xlr forum on the www. Perhaps you should try there with the attitude you have and see how far you get.

I'll be sure to not answer anymore of your threads, for fear of frustrating you. :chuckle:chuckle

Youve got to appreciate the fact that I'm kinda' worn out with the responses that I've received thus far.

Oh?? NOW You're Frightened??

There is another xlr forum on the www. Perhaps you should try there with the attitude you have and see how far you get.

I'll be sure to not answer anymore of your threads, for fear of frustrating you.

"There is another xlr forum on the www."
\
.....and where might that be?

Click on Chicago Dave's garage, he has some pics of his with black Corvette wheels. Also check GizmoQ garage, he has Chrome Vette wheels on his.

.....and where might those postings/pics be??

John I'm still traveling right now. Elwood is in St Pete getting more mods, but I went with two pair of C6 Z06 front wheels 18x8.5.

I am currently in D.C. but will be home for the weekend and will check my receipts for the specifics you requested.

No I don't. The internet is a wonderful tool, but getting current answers from live forums users in less than 48hours is just asking for too much - your frustration will never end. Give us a week and we'll be able to point you to the appropriate archive file or get you some good info. RIGHT NOW requires you improve your search skills, find the info in the archives yourself, and allow the users to chime in over time (more like 7 days not 2) with any new info they feel like sharing.

Now,....THAT'S an answer I can live with!
I guess us old RETIRED Vets can still communicate after all!

Thanks again!
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

John >JBAIRD1@bak.rr.com< :worship:

There is a search here on this site for trying to find what you are looking for. Unfortunately the wheel spec's for the XLR aren't listed anywhere here. As others have stated, a tire/wheel center would be more knowledgeable in the matter. The people who have the wheels you are asking about, have them mounted and work, so waiting for them to respond is the best.

Coming in with an attitude, won't get you very far.

As to the other forum, google xlr forum and you should find it.

As far as being frightened...not so much.

I'll be sure to not answer anymore of your threads, for fear of frustrating you.

"There is another xlr forum on the www."
\
.....and where might that be?

A supporting vendor, Los Angeles Wheel is down here in the Valley. They may have several options for you.
L.A. Wheel and Tire

18x8 & 19x8.5 choices, plus Corvette options if that's your direction.
I personally like the 15 spoke optional rim.
Bruce

I'll be sure to not answer anymore of your threads, for fear of frustrating you. :chuckle:chuckle
Cubby ... I'm laughing .... deja vu??? ;)

Hey Pappy!

A supporting vendor, Los Angeles Wheel is down here in the Valley. They may have several options for you.
L.A. Wheel and Tire

18x8 & 19x8.5 choices, plus Corvette options if that's your direction.
I personally like the 15 spoke optional rim.
Bruce

I appreciate your comment & reference, but I didn't find anything that I'm lookin' for concerning, C-6 18X8's.
(at least I couldn't find any)
:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry